10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Dang what a dilemma you've gotten yourself into. I have to say do the right thing here and return it, but even thinking that makes my inner C'Tard go nutzoid.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 05/19/2016, 11:02 PMDang what a dilemma you've gotten yourself into. I have to say do the right thing here and return it, but even thinking that makes my inner C'Tard go nutzoid.
Lol yeah. Totally.

I am actually in a moral dilemma. Do I hold fast to the morals I perceive myself to have or use it to my advantage. Lol

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/19/2016, 11:15 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/19/2016, 11:02 PMDang what a dilemma you've gotten yourself into. I have to say do the right thing here and return it, but even thinking that makes my inner C'Tard go nutzoid.
Lol yeah. Totally.

I am actually in a moral dilemma. Do I hold fast to the morals I perceive myself to have or use it to my advantage. Lol
Just return it to them as they are some pretty decent guys. I wouldn't be surprised if they tossed in another game along with your replacement copy. :3
IMG

TheClash603

I like that they have a warehouse full of replacement copies and also send out an unknown number of additional copies of their "limited" games.

I want a physical copy of Wii U Fatal Frame, so I don't care if there are 50,000 of each 2,000 copy game if they can make my request happen; but I did get a chuckle out of the thought.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/20/2016, 08:18 AMI like that they have a warehouse full of replacement copies and also send out an unknown number of additional copies of their "limited" games.

I want a physical copy of Wii U Fatal Frame, so I don't care if there are 50,000 of each 2,000 copy game if they can make my request happen; but I did get a chuckle out of the thought.
I would flip out if they or ANYONE did a physical release of that game for NA.  I am happy it was release YES but as a download?  Even after the UK got a physical copy?  That just made no seance to me.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/20/2016, 09:42 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/20/2016, 08:18 AMI like that they have a warehouse full of replacement copies and also send out an unknown number of additional copies of their "limited" games.

I would flip out if they or ANYONE did a physical release of that game for NA.  I am happy it was release YES but as a download?  Even after the UK got a physical copy?  That just made no seance to me.
Lol, that was a surprising pertinent misspelling given the context.

If you plan to open your copy I'd swap with them, if you're just going to keep it sealed then I'd keep the punched out one since technically they are even more uncommon.  Vic Ireland had the same problem with the games he has put out through Gaijinwork. 

Sony employees get proof copies they're supposed to evaluate, but it appears most of them just keep them sealed and flip them on ebay as an extra source of income.  If you think about it, that's an extra $50 or so for a new PS4 game or the like for something that was freely given to them, so they're probably doing quite well  :?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2016, 12:30 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/20/2016, 09:42 AM

Lol, that was a surprising pertinent misspelling given the context.

If you plan to open your copy I'd swap with them, if you're just going to keep it sealed then I'd keep the punched out one since technically they are even more uncommon.  Vic Ireland had the same problem with the games he has put out through Gaijinwork. 

Sony employees get proof copies they're supposed to evaluate, but it appears most of them just keep them sealed and flip them on ebay as an extra source of income.  If you think about it, that's an extra $50 or so for a new PS4 game or the like for something that was freely given to them, so they're probably doing quite well  :?
Yeah after I provided the persons eBay ID they checked. It seems the seller has been selling dozens of games all new.

Don't know if I just got someone fired from their job. But it's not like I knew these type of copies of a game existed let alone that it was not suppose to be sold.

As for keeping it sealed or planing to play it. Meh. I only got it because I picked up New N Tasty and found this other game from limited run at $54 instead of the typical $70-80 on the reseller market.

I think I will just send it in to be nice. Maybe like some have said they will toss in another game with it. It will make my trying to pick up these limited physical edition vita games easier.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Some super cheap pick ups. Rounding out that Wii library every little bit I can. I already picked up the new star fox but when I saw someone had already traded in the bonus first run copy of star fox guard and that used it was $8 I figured why not. I had thought it was not for resell but I might be wrong.

Got the PSP AV cable just because. Granted that would mean I dust off the PSP. Have been tempted to pick up a used PSP go for remote playing sort of like the PSVita TV. But since I now have a PS BITA TV not sure if there would be any plus side to that original idea.

Mathius

Is that a Klonoa game for Wii? I didn't realize the Wii had a game in that series available.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 05/20/2016, 10:46 PMIs that a Klonoa game for Wii? I didn't realize the Wii had a game in that series available.
Yes it is a remake of the first game.

What can I say Joe got me interested in the series on the game sack episode he did.

Have yet to get the OS1 game or the PS2 sequel. The GBA game is a maybe.

Mathius

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/20/2016, 10:50 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/20/2016, 10:46 PMIs that a Klonoa game for Wii? I didn't realize the Wii had a game in that series available.
Yes it is a remake of the first game.

What can I say Joe got me interested in the series on the game sack episode he did.

Have yet to get the OS1 game or the PS2 sequel. The GBA game is a maybe.
I have the PS2 version but haven't really played it yet. This year at MGC I picked up the Japanese PS1 version. It's way cheaper than the overpriced US release and easily playable despite the Japanese text. Go for that one instead.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/20/2016, 09:46 PMIMG

Some super cheap pick ups. Rounding out that Wii library every little bit I can. I already picked up the new star fox but when I saw someone had already traded in the bonus first run copy of star fox guard and that used it was $8 I figured why not. I had thought it was not for resell but I might be wrong.

Got the PSP AV cable just because. Granted that would mean I dust off the PSP. Have been tempted to pick up a used PSP go for remote playing sort of like the PSVita TV. But since I now have a PS BITA TV not sure if there would be any plus side to that original idea.
Just a heads up. That Batman Vita game is unplayable without a PS4 dualshock controller.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/21/2016, 01:14 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/20/2016, 09:46 PMIMG

Just a heads up. That Batman Vita game is unplayable without a PS4 dualshock controller.
Oddly I picked up a used PS4 controllor as wellol

HailingTheThings

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/21/2016, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/21/2016, 10:15 AMOddly I picked up a used PS4 controllor as wellol
Nice.
Although I remember asking the game stop employee if he knew the vita game I was buying worked for the ps tv.

His response was "they all work"

No. No they don't. It's actually a big issue with the mini system with most people. Granted there seems to be a hack now but that just made finding a system with firm ware below 3.55 a pain. Granted now that it is a legacy system and once Sony stops all support and patches for it someone is bound to come up with a way to hack it perminitly.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/21/2016, 06:25 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/21/2016, 10:15 AMOddly I picked up a used PS4 controllor as wellol
Nice.
Although I remember asking the game stop employee if he knew the vita game I was buying worked for the ps tv.

No. No they don't. It's actually a big issue with the mini system with most people. Granted there seems to be a hack now but that just made finding a system with firm ware below 3.55 a pain. Granted now that it is a legacy system and once Sony stops all support and patches for it someone is bound to come up with a way to hack it perminitly.
Wow, that employee sounds like an idiot... or he was trying to trick you into buying more shite.

That'd be awesome if there was a hack once the online support for it officially dies since there are quite a few games that would work without much issue. Its just that for whatever reason they "aren't allowed" to work because Sony said so.
IMG

xcrement5x

IMG

I had some great Sega Genesis & Sega Master System pickups recently! California Games, Zany Golf, Kawasaki Super Bike, Tinhead, and Warsong!  Local shop was running a promo so I got really good deal on them all. I'm especially happy to finally have Warsong as it is one of those game that I have wanted for a long time. 

TDIRunner

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/22/2016, 04:35 AM
Nice.

Wow, that employee sounds like an idiot... or he was trying to trick you into buying more shite.

That'd be awesome if there was a hack once the online support for it officially dies since there are quite a few games that would work without much issue. Its just that for whatever reason they "aren't allowed" to work because Sony said so.
The whole PS TV thing was so frustrating.  It was such a good idea when it first came out.  Being that I have little interest in portable gaming, I was supper excited to be able to play Vita games on my big screen.  But then the actual execution of the product was such a fail.  I'm just thankful that I wasn't an early adopter and I was able to pick one up for super cheap.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

HailingTheThings

Quote from: TDIRunner on 05/23/2016, 03:00 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/22/2016, 04:35 AM
Nice.

The whole PS TV thing was so frustrating.  It was such a good idea when it first came out.  Being that I have little interest in portable gaming, I was supper excited to be able to play Vita games on my big screen.  But then the actual execution of the product was such a fail.  I'm just thankful that I wasn't an early adopter and I was able to pick one up for super cheap.
Hmm yes, fail indeed. I too am glad I wasn't an early adopter, got one as a birthday gift. :3
IMG

EvilEvoIX

These pickups were from last weekend.  Simple Garage Sale I visited late at night as they were closing down.  Stuff is still out there to be found.  All this stuff was just piled in a box and I still can't believe it survived the day.  3 complete NES systems, Power supplies, 5 controllers, a ton of decent games, boxed Mike Tysons Punch Out, a complete SNES MINI with some good games (Love me some Super Punch-Out) and some other odds and ends, 1 lonely Sega Genesis Game, one shitty game gear game, and a N64 Game.  Got an extra Model 2 Sega Genesis/Sega Genesis Power supply, PS2 Power Supply, a MK Plug in thingy, a weird light gun I have no idea what it goes to but has a Genesis Controller input, random power supplies and cables.  I paid $200 for this stuff and will just sell the extra stuff to cover my game increase. 
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/25/2016, 10:45 AMThese pickups were from last weekend.  Simple Garage Sale I visited late at night as they were closing down.  Stuff is still out there to be found.  All this stuff was just piled in a box and I still can't believe it survived the day.  3 complete NES systems, Power supplies, 5 controllers, a ton of decent games, boxed Mike Tysons Punch Out, a complete SNES MINI

IMG
Wow nice punch out scores.

So does the boxed Tyson game some with the "letter from Tyson"?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/25/2016, 01:56 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/25/2016, 10:45 AMThese pickups were from last weekend.  Simple Garage Sale I visited late at night as they were closing down.  Stuff is still out there to be found.  All this stuff was just piled in a box and I still can't believe it survived the day.  3 complete NES systems, Power supplies, 5 controllers, a ton of decent games, boxed Mike Tysons Punch Out, a complete SNES MINI

IMG

Indeed it does, this one right?

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 05/25/2016, 02:33 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/25/2016, 01:56 PM

IMG

Indeed it does, this one right?

IMG
Indeed it does. Nice. Drool.

NightWolve

Oh wow, I never knew about that included letter... Certainly up there now as far as "collector items" all things considered given where Tyson is today. Ha!

Anyway, both are great games, the original NES and Super PunchOut for SNES. I played Super PunchOut again not that long ago when I was working on my SNES YPbPr/Component mod; it takes about ~3 days to master the boxers' patterns and then you're pretty much a champ. Still helluva fun game to play all the way to the end, but in comparison the NES game was much harder overall given aspects like the final battle with Tyson, his knock-out flash-punches for the first minute, and going back to the beginning if you lose unless you learned about the ole 007-373-5963 password cheat to instantly get matched up with him again (we learned those cheats much later BITD without Internet).

NES PunchOut I think is definitely one of the greatest 8-bit era games with so much replay value, everything about it was done so well! You can fire it up any time and it's still fun to play!

wildfruit

Hooked up a ps4 with overwatch, uncharted 4 and ratchet and clank for £289 new. Not bad deal.

xcrement5x

Quote from: wildfruit on 05/26/2016, 01:26 PMHooked up a ps4 with overwatch, uncharted 4 and ratchet and clank for £289 new. Not bad deal.
So I've heard that Overwatch is basically Team Fortress 2 with waifus.  Any comment on this? 
I don't even play the game and I think Tracer is pretty adorbs.

Anyway... I got new Laserdisc pickups from the thrift yesterday!

IMG

Ren & Stimpy Classics I & II, plus a Family Dog animation collection.  $2 each and they both looked neat enough so I threw down for them. 

It's rare enough that I find LDs at the thrift anymore, these were actually put out the day before so that makes sense why they were still there.  They had a lot of other stuff at the same price too.  Some Amazing Stories LDs, Bill & Opus, generic Disney movies, Beavis and Butthead Collection, plus all the Indiana Jones movies in widescreen/letterbox, Waynes World 1/2 and some more.  There were about 20-30 movies in total and it was an eclectic mix for sure.  They will be 50% off on Saturday so I might try and go back then to grab some more but I don't really need more LDs....

esadajr

such interesting memories playing Goonies II. Love/hate, the platforming was nicely done but the exploration part was poorly executed. It wasn't until I first visited gamefaqs that I was able to finish this epic.
Gaming since 1985

johnnykonami

Goonies II was a biggie for me growing up.  My cousins had it, and my friend and I rented it over one weekend.  I myself didn't own a NES until like the Playstation was out, so my brief encounters with it made it even more intriguing.  I think it was probably the beginnings of my love affair with Konami music especially from that era, and even though it's clunky as hell now, at the time I thought the 3D exploration segments were really cool.  It's one of the earliest "Metroidvanias" in that it has the persistant world, a map, items needed to progress and so forth.  And I just ate all that stuff up.  The other factor was the weirdness of it being a sequel.  I had the Datasoft Goonies game on my C64, but I don't think I thought it was a sequel to that at that time.  Now of course I know about the original Goonies game Konami released on the Famicom, but when we were kids, we thought it was like a sequel to the movie just made as a video game.  Which is a cool idea in itself, it's kind of how I consider Ghostbusters: The Video Game to be the true Ghostbusters III.  Coupled with the fact that it now has Annie the Mermaid in it, it just seemed like this weird supernatural/fantasy element out of place from the movie.

Anyway, I did eventually buy it on Ebay as a "dumb buyer" because I foolishly expected since they listed as "new" that it would be.  Instead they just assembled a separate box, game and manual and called it new.  Didn't even try to shrinkwrap it, the box was dented, and my game has tiny toothmarks or something on the label.  Honestly it's not that bad, and I would have opened it anyway, and I spent less than $10 on it (I think it was something like $8) so it's not the end of the world.  But I'd like a cleaner copy one day.

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 05/26/2016, 02:40 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 05/26/2016, 01:26 PMHooked up a ps4 with overwatch, uncharted 4 and ratchet and clank for £289 new. Not bad deal.
So I've heard that Overwatch is basically Team Fortress 2 with waifus.  Any comment on this? 
I don't even play the game and I think Tracer is pretty adorbs.
I haven't played myself but I watched my son for an hour or so. It seems quite like team fortress 2 but looks more fun. I'm not a massive fan of that sort of thing so I'll probably skip it.

TheClash603

Goonies 2 is a great NES game, but Goonies on Famicom is better.  It always was a super cheap game, so if you like part 2 there is no reason to pass up on part 1.

EvilEvoIX

I have goonies 1 on a famicom multicart. Will give it a try.
IMGIMGIMG

wildfruit

Picked this up as an extra controller. Love the colour. IMG

Digi.k

Valkyrie figurine and bomberman' 93 pencil case

Because I love these games.....
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/26/2016, 08:50 PMGoonies 2 is a great NES game, but Goonies on Famicom is better.  It always was a super cheap game, so if you like part 2 there is no reason to pass up on part 1.
Interesting story....I picked up Goonies 1 for my Twin Fami at MGC this year. I always kinda wanted the game but wasn't prepared for the unexpected memories that came flooding back. Having thought I had never played the game before previously (only Goonies 2) I started to remember playing Goonies 1 on a Playchoice 10 at a local grocery store in the mid 80s. We would go there every morning before school for donuts with my mom and I never failed to bug her for quarters so I could play Metroid and...this game apparently. For years I've known that Goonies 1 only saw release in the arcades but I never put 2 and 2 together. I just assumed that it was Goonies 2 I was remembering. ...Such a nice reunion. :)

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 05/28/2016, 12:20 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/26/2016, 08:50 PMGoonies 2 is a great NES game, but Goonies on Famicom is better.  It always was a super cheap game, so if you like part 2 there is no reason to pass up on part 1.
Interesting story....I picked up Goonies 1 for my Twin Fami at MGC this year. I always kinda wanted the game but wasn't prepared for the unexpected memories that came flooding back. Having thought I had never played the game before previously (only Goonies 2) I started to remember playing Goonies 1 on a Playchoice 10 at a local grocery store in the mid 80s. We would go there every morning before school for donuts with my mom and I never failed to bug her for quarters so I could play Metroid and...this game apparently. For years I've known that Goonies 1 only saw release in the arcades but I never put 2 and 2 together. I just assumed that it was Goonies 2 I was remembering. ...Such a nice reunion. :)
Goonies one was also on nintendo vs for arcades.I remember playing it at a chuck'e'cheese as a kid.I enjoyed the game allot to and disappointed the nes didn't get it.Even today it's still not known why it wasn't released in na for the nes maybe it was a license issue.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

schweaty

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/27/2016, 05:30 PMValkyrie figurine and bomberman' 93 pencil case

IMG
That Valkyrie fig is amaze-balls.  Details? ( new/old, where to buy, how much)

Digi.k

Quote from: schweaty on 05/29/2016, 09:49 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 05/27/2016, 05:30 PMValkyrie figurine and bomberman' 93 pencil case

it's all parts that need to be slotted together so there are bits that are a bit of a tight squeeze and because it's all plastic some bits almost broke so be a little careful when piecing it together!
It's part of the namco vs capcom games.  None moving parts!

Got it from here same site same seller and I think same price.  It comes in pieces tho and mine don't quite look the same as that as the ear feathers are angled differently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yujin-SR-Namco-x-Capcom-Figure-The-Legend-of-Valkyrie-/262450249916?hash=item3d1b4100bc:g:7G8AAOSwxYxUuO-t

I was looking at this one too which I think is more suited to the pce

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGEND-OF-VALKYRIE-Plastic-Model-Kit-WALKURE-13cm-NEU-OVP-Valkyrie-no-Densetsu-/391429860238?hash=item5b2309ab8e:g:Q5QAAOSwZ8ZXCBPD

vmorr

Small hall at a swap meet today:

IMG

Glad to pick up some Sega stuff. All everyone is after is anything Nintendo. The PCE game I grabbed is Psycho Chaser; every PCE game I buy is a shot in the dark as I still don't know enough about the library, but for $5 this title looks pretty cool  :)

Digi.k

Quote from: vmorr on 05/29/2016, 05:07 PMSmall hall at a swap meet today:

IMG
I had that last story limited edition box set for the wii but somehow I just didn't like the game.  The british voice acting just didn't suit the style of the characters or mannerisms so I was put off by it.. but then that's just me...

vmorr

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/29/2016, 05:25 PMI had that last story limited edition box set for the wii but somehow I just didn't like the game.  The british voice acting just didn't suit the style of the characters or mannerisms so I was put off by it.. but then that's just me...
IMO the Wii doesn't have much going for it in general haha. I've been looking for a copy just because I like the box art. I didn't think I'd pick up a LE but a guy had it decently cheap so I grabbed it. It looks like a really nice game at least lol

I've been getting enjoyment out of mediocre RPGs lately so hopefully this won't disappoint.

Digi.k

Quote from: vmorr on 05/29/2016, 05:52 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 05/29/2016, 05:25 PMI had that last story limited edition box set for the wii but somehow I just didn't like the game.  The british voice acting just didn't suit the style of the characters or mannerisms so I was put off by it.. but then that's just me...
IMO the Wii doesn't have much going for it in general haha. I've been looking for a copy just because I like the box art. I didn't think I'd pick up a LE but a guy had it decently cheap so I grabbed it. It looks like a really nice game at least lol

I've been getting enjoyment out of mediocre RPGs lately so hopefully this won't disappoint.
I am actually playing the wii right now and getting the hell into Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility.  I can't stop playing it now even though the game has been sitting in storage for years. Somehow I can't stop trying to find ways to make more cash but this is both a chore and stressful yet I cannot stop !

gheebee

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/27/2016, 05:30 PMValkyrie figurine
A while ago I was hoping that there was a Valkyrie action figure but the best I could find was this posable, mostly snap together model. I really like it even though I don't have the skill or supplies to make it look proper.

IMG

Comes with some alternate parts, including a blank face and different eye decals:

IMG

edit: I see now that this appears to be the same model you were also considering, if it is then it will not look like the picture in the auction after you put it together unless you paint it; the Amazon listing I bought mine from had a picture that looked the same as the one in your link.

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 05/28/2016, 12:20 AMInteresting story....I picked up Goonies 1 for my Twin Fami at MGC this year. I always kinda wanted the game but wasn't prepared for the unexpected memories that came flooding back. Having thought I had never played the game before previously (only Goonies 2) I started to remember playing Goonies 1 on a Playchoice 10 at a local grocery store in the mid 80s. We would go there every morning before school for donuts with my mom and I never failed to bug her for quarters so I could play Metroid and...this game apparently. For years I've known that Goonies 1 only saw release in the arcades but I never put 2 and 2 together. I just assumed that it was Goonies 2 I was remembering. ...Such a nice reunion. :)
This story warms my cockles.

It wasn't until I recently picked up a 150-in-1 NES cart that I realized a Goonies 1 game actually existed. I always thought the NES game was a spiritual sequel to the movie.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 05/30/2016, 01:20 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/28/2016, 12:20 AMInteresting story....I picked up Goonies 1 for my Twin Fami at MGC this year. I always kinda wanted the game but wasn't prepared for the unexpected memories that came flooding back. Having thought I had never played the game before previously (only Goonies 2) I started to remember playing Goonies 1 on a Playchoice 10 at a local grocery store in the mid 80s. We would go there every morning before school for donuts with my mom and I never failed to bug her for quarters so I could play Metroid and...this game apparently. For years I've known that Goonies 1 only saw release in the arcades but I never put 2 and 2 together. I just assumed that it was Goonies 2 I was remembering. ...Such a nice reunion. :)
This story warms my cockles.

It wasn't until I recently picked up a 150-in-1 NES cart that I realized a Goonies 1 game actually existed. I always thought the NES game was a spiritual sequel to the movie.
When I was a kid I also thought it was the spiritual sequel too.  In hindsight, it was stupid to put the 2 on there in the U.S.

roflmao

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/30/2016, 04:13 AMWhen I was a kid I also thought it was the spiritual sequel too.  In hindsight, it was stupid to put the 2 on there in the U.S.
Yep.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/29/2016, 03:06 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 05/29/2016, 09:49 AM

it's all parts that need to be slotted together so there are bits that are a bit of a tight squeeze and because it's all plastic some bits almost broke so be a little careful when piecing it together!
It's part of the namco vs capcom games.  None moving parts!

Got it from here same site same seller and I think same price.  It comes in pieces tho and mine don't quite look the same as that as the ear feathers are angled differently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yujin-SR-Namco-x-Capcom-Figure-The-Legend-of-Valkyrie-/262450249916?hash=item3d1b4100bc:g:7G8AAOSwxYxUuO-t

I was looking at this one too which I think is more suited to the pce

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGEND-OF-VALKYRIE-Plastic-Model-Kit-WALKURE-13cm-NEU-OVP-Valkyrie-no-Densetsu-/391429860238?hash=item5b2309ab8e:g:Q5QAAOSwZ8ZXCBPD
Very cool, thanks for sharing these!  I've got a Wonder Momo figure I picked up awhile back but the quality is rather poor.  That one you purchased looks quite nice, might have to look into nabbing it.

On the pickups front I found 2 GameCube controllers and a copy of Zelda 4 Swords for the GameCube at the thrift.  Nothing amazing but the controllers are in solid shape and seem to work fine.  Disc is a bit scratched on the game but everything is complete.

Medic_wheat

Birthday swag.

IMG

Because I have recently gotten into interesting if not practical charging stands for my junk.

IMG

Trying to keep up with even ONE comic series is such a PAIN. I am more or less up to date with Saga at the lest.

IMG

Human robot relations.

IMG

The DS and PS Vita game were from my wife. The rest I picked up during the weekend. Local retro store had a buy two get one free so picked up the Saturn game. And two others in the next pic. The GS games I had a similar coupon.

IMG

Like I said charging stations and stands. Granted I doubt the ps tv NEEDS a stand. The big box SNES I got because honestly I don't have the dang mouse. NEVER find it locally. Figured hey comes with the box and game. Sure it is missing the foam insert which will probably NEVER be found separately but what the hell.

IMG

Have been getting into something of a Anime kick recently. Sigh the VHS was only $2 but I had wish to have known it was sub and not dub. Granted it was a blind but off Amazon and its "new". So chat bitch all that much honestly.

IMG

Lastly since I got rid of my previous CRT for this HD one I  ow found my self in need of a VHS player  since the previous one was built into the TV I got rid of. Found this for only $30. I like that I can record to both VHS and DVD. It even had a HDMI output. I have yet tot try out the VHS recording but the DVD part works just fine. Honestly I planed to attempt to record off my Netflix account but was unaware that a error screen would pop up saying I can't do that. I wonder if it is only baring me from DVD recording and if the VHS would serve as a way to record. My original intent mind you is to play around and record on a few blank VHS tapes for fun. Namely the 008 vs Devilman dub stream of the OVA they have on Netflix. Call me crazy but I think it would be fun to watch it on a VHS tape.

If anyone knows if My crazy Netflix recording schem is impossible let me know. As I have yet to get a blank VHS tape to test out.

jtucci31

I miss reading Saga. It was good and I started buying from about issue 12-18or20ish. Great series

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2016, 02:46 PMI miss reading Saga. It was good and I started buying from about issue 12-18or20ish. Great series
I need to get back into reading Saga. I think i left off on issue 12. Such a good series indeed

Medic_wheat

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/06/2016, 04:43 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/01/2016, 02:46 PMI miss reading Saga. It was good and I started buying from about issue 12-18or20ish. Great series
I need to get back into reading Saga. I think i left off on issue 12. Such a good series indeed
It's up to 35?36? 

They just went on hiatus. There is a hardbound TPB with issues 1-18 that's decently priced and good big book quality.  Probably vol 2 will be out soon for the delux big book edition.