The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_fjs

Ooh, what's the joystick like?

I've seen them around the place but didn't know if they were worth picking up or not.

TR0N

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 11/17/2010, 11:46 PMOoh, what's the joystick like?

I've seen them around the place but didn't know if they were worth picking up or not.
It's pretty solid joystick for the pce ask nect he has one to.Now it's not what you get from (madcatz or hori) given they use sanwa or even happs.Still the xe-1 pro he has those mirco switches for that,clicky stick sound but it works beside it having extra controller ports as well.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Here is my latest grabs. Viewpoint and teh Obey! :dance:

/Mathius78/101_0101.jpg

Opethian

nice viewpoint!I need that and Last Resort on MVS to complete my neo shmups collection
IMG

Mathius

I got a great deal on it over at NG.com. It sat in JMKurtz's thread for what seemed like forever and no one jumped on it.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 11/18/2010, 11:54 AMHere is my latest grabs. Viewpoint and teh Obey! :dance:
Nice grabs, Mathius!!  =D>

I know, I know, it's for teh shame, but I've been playing Viewpoint on the Neo Geo emu. Great game. Updated Zaxxon ftw. heh  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 11/19/2010, 08:29 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/18/2010, 11:54 AMHere is my latest grabs. Viewpoint and teh Obey! :dance:
Nice grabs, Mathius!!  =D>

I know, I know, it's for teh shame, but I've been playing Viewpoint on the Neo Geo emu. Great game. Updated Zaxxon ftw. heh  :mrgreen:
Don't forget about the kickin' music! :D

blueraven

Grats on the Blood Gear!!, have fun with the Oversized SMS game too :lol:

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 11/20/2010, 12:36 AMGrats on the Blood Gear!!, have fun with the Oversized SMS game too :lol:

Opethian

IMG
In before EMS sanctions!!! Probably my last YJA haul.
IMG

turbogrfxfan

cool ope.  ya gotta let me know what u think of that cho aniki
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

blueraven

Duo_R

Ope: what is the YS IV trump? Is that the latest season of the Apprentice featuring our favorite red headed hero?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Opethian

its a playing card set featuring the characters from the game.
IMG

Colossus1574

I don't have a "physical" picture but I purchased SOLDNER-X 2 off the PSN!

IMG

GODDDAAAAMMNNN this is a sweetass shooter  =D>
It's been awhile since i've been floored by such a total package, and all for $13 cdn.
(In overall presentation i'm as impressed as when i 1st layed my eyes on Gates and ThunderForce V)
Solid music, up to 2 players, great weapons, the chatter between the pilot and mission dispatch is a nice touch and of course the KILLER graphics! (the backgrounds are TO DIE FOR!) The game has a unique point multiplier/grading system, so i see some major replay value for you high score freaks!
Huuuuge props to the development team on this gem (what's even more impressive is that we all know Japan is the king of making shooters but the opening credits show mainly a European development team)

Joe Redifer

That looks and sounds light years ahead of the first game.  Is there any way to shut off the radio chatter?  There is no need for it and it is very annoying.  Nearly all new games these days seem to use radio chatter... it's the new Mode 7!

hoobs88

I like having a variety of different controllers to choose from when playing games and I had never seen this one before so I picked it up.

IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

CGQuarterly

That's a neat looking controller.  Where did you pick it up?  Looks similar to a NES Max.

Chris

Joe Redifer

That controller doesn't make much sense.  The connector looks like it is for the PC Engine, but it has A, B and C button labels.  The problem with that is that there really aren't any ABC button groups.  There is a pair of Turbo buttons which are labeled A, then there are the regular buttons which are labeled B (which actually look more like turbo buttons) and then a lone C button which doubles as A+B.  What the hell?

blueraven

Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/22/2010, 10:48 PMI like having a variety of different controllers to choose from when playing games and I had never seen this one before so I picked it up.
IMG
Which is the "Run" Button?

Smashed Brother

Received my copy of Parasol Stars (PCE) in the mail today!  Love this game!
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

Frank_fjs

Re the joystick, that is a weird little sucker.

I take it the two buttons under the A heading are your normal I & II buttons.

The next two buttons under the B heading are turbo buttons for buttons I & II.

The last button under the C heading presses buttons I & II simultaneously?

hoobs88

Quote from: blueraven on 11/23/2010, 02:33 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/22/2010, 10:48 PMI like having a variety of different controllers to choose from when playing games and I had never seen this one before so I picked it up.
IMG
Which is the "Run" Button?
3rd party controller makers can't get anything right!

hoobs88

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 11/23/2010, 09:46 AMRe the joystick, that is a weird little sucker.

I take it the two buttons under the A heading are your normal I & II buttons.

The next two buttons under the B heading are turbo buttons for buttons I & II.

The last button under the C heading presses buttons I & II simultaneously?
I haven't tried it yet but that appears to be the button configuration. I can't think of any instance that you would need to simultaneously press the I & II buttons in a turbo fashion but nevertheless that option is available here.

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/23/2010, 10:12 AMI can't think of any instance that you would need to simultaneously press the I & II buttons in a turbo fashion but nevertheless that option is available here.
It'd be nice for shooters where you use one button for air-to-air and the other for air-to-ground, though some of 'em won't let you fire both weapons at once.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/23/2010, 10:31 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/23/2010, 10:12 AMI can't think of any instance that you would need to simultaneously press the I & II buttons in a turbo fashion but nevertheless that option is available here.
It'd be nice for shooters where you use one button for air-to-air and the other for air-to-ground, though some of 'em won't let you fire both weapons at once.
Something like that would work great in M.U.S.H.A. My fingers start to hurt after holding buttons for both primary and secondary fire simultaneously for long stretches.

Duo_R

Be nice for dragon spirit. A little off topic but Is Dragon Saber worth checking out?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

SuperDeadite

You can never have enough cables  :D
Unboxed cable is for MegaDrive.  Also got in an MSX RGB cable, but it's
currently hooked to the TV.
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SNKNostalgia

I have been putting off buying the RGB to YUV convertor due to having to buy all those cables in the box you have. I need SNES, Genesis 1, Saturn, PS1, NeoGeo CD (My AES is component modded), and Dreamcast.

How much do the cables run you up in $ for each system?

SuperDeadite

If your going to use a transcoder, you can stick to Euro SCARTs, which are usually quite cheap and easy to get.
My TV takes pure RGB input but needs Japanese 21pin cables, which are typically harder to get and more
expensive. 

Being in Japan, I've slowly been building these up over time.  The Saturn cables, can go for over a $100
online, but I found mine for $20 in a shop.  The PS1 cable is cheap, but kinda redundant, as the PS2 can output
RGB through component cables anyways.  SFC cables are very cheap, but most of them have leaky capacitors
which must be replaced or they won't work properly.

blueraven

Opethian

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/24/2010, 11:26 AMYou can never have enough cables  :D

IMG
dammit I have been looking for those saturn RGB cables forever! I had buy a euro one and rewire it. lucky haul man
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Opethian on 11/24/2010, 08:58 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/24/2010, 11:26 AMYou can never have enough cables  :D

IMG
dammit I have been looking for those saturn RGB cables forever! I had buy a euro one and rewire it. lucky haul man
cool ope.  is that the dreamcast cable u hook up to a ngpc?
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

SuperDeadite

Most of these I've just been buying off of Amazon slowly.  The Saturn cable is certainly the hardest to get, but
I got lucky in an Osaka shop.

No, the white box is the official Sega DC VGA Box.  The smaller plastic box below is a DC RGB cable.  Sadly Sega
never made a Japanese RGB cable for DC.  So I had to buy a 3rd party cable.  But I'm quite pleased with the quality,
picture looks beautiful.  Though such a cable is really only for the perfectionists like myself that want to play 240p
native DC games in true 240p.  Most users should stick to the VGA box. ;)

JapanTokei

Finally had sometime to return to my nirvana.  Picked these up at a HardOff in northern Japan (Sapporo).  They had pretty steep prices but lots of nice stuff.  A complete minty sexy condition PCE FX was 7600 yen for e.g. 
I bought these rare Famicom system goodies.  The BASIC set + the Cassette Data recorder.  The original booklets are all present and in nice condition.  The Basic keyboard programming set indicated it was not for sale on the instruction booklet..
also picked up the first FF complete in box.  total haul was 5000 yen, not too shabby for something you dont see everyday.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Opethian

cool Tokei! Hard off Fuck yea!
IMG

JapanTokei

Ope I like those Ys playing cards!  sweet haul.

what EMS sanction are you referring to?  I'm shipping something to BlackTiger via EMS.. anything I should be worried about?? 

Quote from: Opethian on 11/20/2010, 01:44 PMIMG

In before EMS sanctions!!! Probably my last YJA haul.

JapanTokei

Bonanza Brothers is one of my favorites.  the 2 player action is awesome and hilarious.

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/06/2010, 12:05 PM/a7bff2ec-1.jpg

Opethian

oh damn I need a Snatcher Pilot disc.

"Americans in Japan who were thinking of mailing holiday presents to their family members in the States are going to have some trouble this year. Japan Post has enacted new restrictions that ban the mailing of packages that weigh over 453 grams (16 ounces / one pound)"
IMG

TR0N

This yeah it's a download but i all ways wanted to play it since the,original was xbla only  :P http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-pac-man-championship/706944
I'm glad namco had the common sense to release (pac-man championship dx) on the psn  :dance:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Frank_fjs

IMG

- 2nd gun for the Saturn
- Dynamite Deka
- House of the Dead
- 60-in-1 arcade jamma pcb

Sparky

very nice Frank_fjs... sure beats the bright orange 1 have....

Ceti Alpha

Damn, neccler! You have some good watchin' there! :D
IMG

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Nice! The Passion of the Christ was pretty crazy. I wouldn't mind watching that one again, actually.
IMG

Colossus1574

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/26/2010, 09:26 AM/a6e56383.jpg
HAHAHAAH, dude, you think you picked up enough "shoot'em up" movies for one day!?!  Woody is awesome in Zombieland.

Was it you who i recommended KILLZONE aka SPL to a few months ago? can't remember....still my favourite DonnieYen flick, he's just so damn Mr.Coool in that one!

Karate Kid: !#$@ Jaden Smith took all the props for his acting on this one, when in fact i thought Jackie did a GREAT job and deserved much praise  =D>

SuperDeadite

hoobs88

TheClash603

Hoobs, the stores around me only had crap for Black Friday...  you live near Alien Storm Mart?