RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

Hey NecroPhile, I'm not quite sure what kind of tape is on there, but it's on there very tight. I've never come across a game box like this. The previous owner for some reason or another decided to remove all of tabs and sides of the box. So all that's left is front and back banded together. It's pointless to remove the tape anyway. It sucks that he tampered with one of the best looking box arts in the US library. But the seller included the box as a freebie so I am not complaining. NAI is such a fun game.  :)

RR1980

Quote from: chany60126 on 02/25/2011, 04:09 PMI also got a CIBler New Adventure Island and a Neo Geo Pocket Shock N Rock. It's a neat accesory that gives the NGPC a rumble feature, and it also acts as a portable battery and has external speakers.

IMG
the NGPC Shock N Rock sounds really neat I had no idea they made add on for this since it's seems so obscure even back in the day. Can't think of that many games that can take advantage of it too since most NGPC games are slots/Pachinko games hehe

chany60126

The shock n rock actually works on all games, actually. It vibrates to any bass beats or sounds. The accesory feels especially cool when playing Dark Arms since you feel the recoil of the gun shots. In the US, not many of these units made it to the market since it was released very late during the system's lifespan and many of them were recalled.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: chany60126 on 02/28/2011, 12:01 AMHey NecroPhile, I'm not quite sure what kind of tape is on there, but it's on there very tight. I've never come across a game box like this. The previous owner for some reason or another decided to remove all of tabs and sides of the box. So all that's left is front and back banded together. It's pointless to remove the tape anyway. It sucks that he tampered with one of the best looking box arts in the US library. But the seller included the box as a freebie so I am not complaining. NAI is such a fun game.  :)
congrats man!!  Love me some NEW adventure Island.  So much better than the old and Super varieties.  :P
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

Quote from: chany60126 on 02/28/2011, 12:01 AMHey NecroPhile, I'm not quite sure what kind of tape is on there, but it's on there very tight. I've never come across a game box like this. The previous owner for some reason or another decided to remove all of tabs and sides of the box. So all that's left is front and back banded together. It's pointless to remove the tape anyway. It sucks that he tampered with one of the best looking box arts in the US library. But the seller included the box as a freebie so I am not complaining. NAI is such a fun game.  :)
One possibility: the game might have been a rental at a mom-n-pop video store—they did some lame DIY lamination on the box so it would survive the dozens of times people picked it up and considered renting New Adventure Island. :)
Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/01/2011, 01:12 PMThe end is NAI!
Indeed it is!

HahhahhaahahahahahahHhaha.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Ys: I & II Chronicles for the PSP arrived yesterday.  I'm a bit disappointed that the soundtrack cd lacks a proper case liner ('premium', eh?), but at least it's in a jewel case and not a paper sleeve.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2011, 12:27 PMYs: I & II Chronicles for the PSP arrived yesterday.  I'm a bit disappointed that the soundtrack cd lacks a proper case liner ('premium', eh?), but at least it's in a jewel case and not a paper sleeve.
I got it Monday. I haven't opened it yet but the box seemed smaller than the Oath of Felgana and Ys Seven box sets that came out recently, so I kind of got the impression they may have put a bit less effort into this box set.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

IMG

This is one of my strangest "In the wild" finds ever. A Neo Geo Pocket Color with Shock N Rock, Flash cart, and Bung Pocket linker.

I haven't been able to get the Pocket Linker working yet, but it lights up and "seems to work".
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Nice Dragonmaster, did you get a good deal on it?

hoobs88

Nice haul Dragonmaster Dan! I like your avatar too.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

chany60126

Flash cart looks very nice indeed. Does it connect to the computer via parallel port or USB? If you get it to work, you should upload some Cotton onto it.  :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/03/2011, 11:01 PMNice Dragonmaster, did you get a good deal on it?
40.00. Sonic Adventure was also in the cart slot of the NGPC. I now have THREE COPIES. Ugh

Quote from: chany60126 on 03/03/2011, 11:59 PMFlash cart looks very nice indeed. Does it connect to the computer via parallel port or USB? If you get it to work, you should upload some Cotton onto it.  :)
Parallel port.
--DragonmasterDan

grahf

Parallel port.... ugg. I'm glad those days are long past us. You might have to play around with the parallel port (EPP/ECP/etc.) settings in your bios to get it working.

Anyway, I picked up Shubibbinman 3 (it was cheap), 3x3 eyes in ok condition for 50yen, and Son Son II yesterday.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: grahf on 03/04/2011, 06:21 AMParallel port.... ugg. I'm glad those days are long past us. You might have to play around with the parallel port (EPP/ECP/etc.) settings in your bios to get it working.
I did, the damn thing actually lights up after POST once windows boots. (I tried seeing if Linux could detect it as well and the pocket linker didn't light up, even when running Kudzu). I may try it on another (older) PC.
--DragonmasterDan

grahf

I think maybe the parallel port driver modules aren't loaded by default under some distros anymore. At least you got it going though.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: grahf on 03/04/2011, 07:07 AMI think maybe the parallel port driver modules aren't loaded by default under some distros anymore. At least you got it going though.
I didn't get it going. The application I found for loading roms to the pocket linker doesn't detect that the pocket linker is connected.
--DragonmasterDan

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

grahf

Another thing to try is a different parallel port cable. Some of them might not have all the wires, as most devices don't need them I guess. Flash stuff is picky. I have an eprom burner that only works with my laptop if I plug it directly into the back without a cable.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: grahf on 03/04/2011, 08:29 AMAnother thing to try is a different parallel port cable. Some of them might not have all the wires, as most devices don't need them I guess. Flash stuff is picky. I have an eprom burner that only works with my laptop if I plug it directly into the back without a cable.
Yeah, I have to dig one out from beneath piles of old cables and such.

Added in edit: I got it working. The cable was the culprit.
--DragonmasterDan

SNKNostalgia

Good to see your back grahf. My US Duo you modded is still going strong. I did have to replace the lens once after all those CD-Rs I fooled with back then. I have quit messing with those for a while now.

Anywho, I bought the Back to The Future: The Game bundle for PS3 from Telltale Games. It is pretty good actually and the actor they hired for Marty sounds just like Michael J Fox. I highly recommend this download. Right now there is only episode 1 out 5 to play, but they release after a month (I hope). The PS3 versions are a little behind on the releases compared to the PC.

Also, Dead Space 2 is really great. It blows the first one away and is the closest thing to playing the movie Event Horizon, lol. Thinking if I should get Heavy Rain or Uncharted 1 and 2 next.

Mathius

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 03/05/2011, 05:51 PMGood to see your back grahf. My US Duo you modded is still going strong. I did have to replace the lens once after all those CD-Rs I fooled with back then. I have quit messing with those for a while now.

Anywho, I bought the Back to The Future: The Game bundle for PS3 from Telltale Games. It is pretty good actually and the actor they hired for Marty sounds just like Michael J Fox. I highly recommend this download. Right now there is only episode 1 out 5 to play, but they release after a month (I hope). The PS3 versions are a little behind on the releases compared to the PC.

Also, Dead Space 2 is really great. It blows the first one away and is the closest thing to playing the movie Event Horizon, lol. Thinking if I should get Heavy Rain or Uncharted 1 and 2 next.
Are they planning on a XBOX 360 download as well???

Sparky

well....... never any turbo stuff in the wild but some good cheap finds today :)... the boxed NES system is up for trade

IMG

blueraven

I will give you a 12-Pack of Molson Ice.

Not sure how much actually that you would take in teh gallons of Maplar Syrup or Beaver Hides. lol.

TR0N

/yschron.png
/ys7.png
/famifm.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 03/06/2011, 12:20 AM/famifm.png
TRON, when you're done with Final Mission, I'll take it off your hands. I played SCAT on NES and I am curious about the changes that were made. Thanks :)

turbokon

Look what I got in the mail the other day..
IMG_2850.JPG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

BlueBMW

Nice lil' core grafx there :D  Neat little system it is!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbogrfxfan

I got alzadick summer carnival and a sgx controller from blue beemer, and I also go aldynes. which I may do a video on
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 03/06/2011, 06:10 PMI got alzadick summer carnival and a sgx controller from blue beemer, and I also go aldynes. which I may do a video on
What else did you get :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

RR1980

Quote from: turbokon on 03/06/2011, 04:02 PMLook what I got in the mail the other day..
so pretty it even has the baggie still! )

turbokon

Quote from: RR1980 on 03/06/2011, 08:25 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 03/06/2011, 04:02 PMLook what I got in the mail the other day..
so pretty it even has the baggie still! )
Yes she is.  My first pc-engine console ever.  I am amaze at how small it is compare to the TG16.  A region mod is in order.  This one is going in my home office:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/06/2011, 07:39 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 03/06/2011, 06:10 PMI got alzadick summer carnival and a sgx controller from blue beemer, and I also go aldynes. which I may do a video on
What else did you get :lol:
errrrrr!!  beemer also sent me of all frikkin people, a noun game!!!!   what am I going to do with that?!?!  I think Ill make a video of it! stay tuned!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 03/06/2011, 09:38 PMerrrrrr!!  beemer also sent me of all frikkin people, a noun game!!!!   what am I going to do with that?!?!  I think Ill make a video of it! stay tuned!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mathius

Here is my latest haul. Notice the Turbo magnet from Ceti. Thanks Ceti :)

/103_0104.jpg

TheClash603

Mathius, Outrun is a top 10 game all-time.  Sega Ages is awesome!

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/06/2011, 11:10 PMMathius, Outrun is a top 10 game all-time.  Sega Ages is awesome!
That is the only reason I wanted that one! Afterburner II just isn't as good without a flight stick, and I have never been the biggest fan of Space Harrier. I would have gladly traded both for an arcade perfect port of Thunderblade. That's my favorite "Super-Scaler" game. :) Outrun is a close second. :wink:

Joe Redifer

Nice!  Some good games there, though Final Fight 2 would probably fall below the others.  I didn't know they made TG magnets.  I have a few stickers like that which I think came with my TG-16 and TG-CD-ROM, but no magnets.

As for Sega Ages, you can put in a code to play Out Run at 60fps which is twice as fast as the arcade version ran.  Also, get a Saturn Mission Stick.  Those things ROCK.  It will make playing After Burner absolutely perfect.  It also works with Space Harrier and makes it just like the arcade as well.  Agreed that the arcade version of Thunder Blade just doesn't get enough love.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/07/2011, 12:38 AMNice!  Some good games there, though Final Fight 2 would probably fall below the others.  I didn't know they made TG magnets.  I have a few stickers like that which I think came with my TG-16 and TG-CD-ROM, but no magnets.
Yeah, I want to get one of those TG-16 magnets! I could make a homemade one, but I want to know about the one from ceti.

Ceti Alpha, give us the scoop. :)

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/07/2011, 12:38 AMNice!  Some good games there, though Final Fight 2 would probably fall below the others.  I didn't know they made TG magnets.  I have a few stickers like that which I think came with my TG-16 and TG-CD-ROM, but no magnets.

As for Sega Ages, you can put in a code to play Out Run at 60fps which is twice as fast as the arcade version ran.  Also, get a Saturn Mission Stick.  Those things ROCK.  It will make playing After Burner absolutely perfect.  It also works with Space Harrier and makes it just like the arcade as well.  Agreed that the arcade version of Thunder Blade just doesn't get enough love.
You know Joe I noticed during the end game sequence for Outrun where the car is zooming through the first few levels that the framerate shoots up dramatically. I didn't know about the code before, but that makes sense now.

Also, are those Mission Sticks easy to find and not uber expensive? Were they released in the U.S. officially?

Quote from: esteban on 03/07/2011, 12:42 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/07/2011, 12:38 AMNice!  Some good games there, though Final Fight 2 would probably fall below the others.  I didn't know they made TG magnets.  I have a few stickers like that which I think came with my TG-16 and TG-CD-ROM, but no magnets.
Yeah, I want to get one of those TG-16 magnets! I could make a homemade one, but I want to know about the one from ceti.

Ceti Alpha, give us the scoop. :)
I am assuming it's a magnet. I haven't stuck it on anything metal yet (let alone taken it out of its wrapper), but it sure looks and feels like one.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 03/07/2011, 12:47 AMI am assuming it's a magnet. I haven't stuck it on anything metal yet (let alone taken it out of its wrapper), but it sure looks and feels like one.
Wrapper? Goddamn, it's in a wrapper?

Send that item to me ASAP and I'll test to see if it is, indeed, a magnet.

:)

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 03/07/2011, 01:19 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/07/2011, 12:47 AMI am assuming it's a magnet. I haven't stuck it on anything metal yet (let alone taken it out of its wrapper), but it sure looks and feels like one.
Wrapper? Goddamn, it's in a wrapper?

Send that item to me ASAP and I'll test to see if it is, indeed, a magnet.

Damn Ceti! What in the hell did you send me??? The whole site's in an uproar over a magnet! :lol:

I'll take a closer picture of it and post it :)

Here ya go:

/103_0108.jpg
/103_0107.jpg

esteban

Oh, that's not a magnet, it's a mouse pad.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 03/07/2011, 02:42 AMOh, that's not a magnet, it's a mouse pad.
Can't be. Way too small to be a mouse pad.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 03/07/2011, 02:55 AM
Quote from: esteban on 03/07/2011, 02:42 AMOh, that's not a magnet, it's a mouse pad.

A resting pad, then, for when the mouse is not being used.

Joe Redifer

If it is a magnet, it will stick to something even still wrapped up.

Quote from: MattAlso, are those Mission Sticks easy to find and not uber expensive? Were they released in the U.S. officially?
They aren't super common and they aren't dirt cheap, but they certainly shouldn't break the bank.  They were indeed released in the US officially.

First Google result  You can switch the joystick around so it is on either the left or right side of  the buttons.

grahf

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 03/05/2011, 05:51 PMGood to see your back grahf. My US Duo you modded is still going strong. I did have to replace the lens once after all those CD-Rs I fooled with back then. I have quit messing with those for a while now.
I'm glad to hear it's still working. I just came back. The lure of the PCE was too strong to resist :D

Well I went ahead and bought Linda3. I found it for a little cheaper than it usually goes for, so I decided to grab it. Also, I saw that the Saturn version is just as pricey. It's easy to justify buying a game when you know it can't be had elsewhere for cheaper. I also picked up the first Xanadu, Nadia - Secret of Blue Water, and Gotzendiener. That one sucks, but I'm kinda like it for some reason.

IMG IMG

Opethian

fuck yea rocket knight adventures!
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 03/07/2011, 03:14 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/07/2011, 02:55 AM

A resting pad, then, for when the mouse is not being used.
Maybe. More likely a landing pad for helicopter mice. :)

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/07/2011, 05:30 AMIf it is a magnet, it will stick to something even still wrapped up.
Duh Mathius! Just checked. Definitely a magnet!

Ceti Alpha

Phew! You finally got than damned magnet. haha I got scared when I saw the PM from you, but I'm happy you finally received it. :)

For you guys that want to know about it, I got it from a store in Toronto. Just beware that I had a hell of a time getting these magnets and they got my order wrong. I originally ordered one TG magnet for Mathius, one Splatterhouse magnet for me and one Logan's Run magnet for my brother. When my stuff finally arrived, I received two TG magnets and the Logan's Run magnet, but no Splatterhouse magnet. I'm honestly happier with the TG magnet, so their screw up actually worked out in the end.

I had to contact them because the items never arrived after four weeks and the store is in Toronto, so there's absolutely no excuse for that. They responded by saying that the shipment must have gotten lost in the mail. Who knows - probably BS. My items did show up, however, shortly after I contacted them.

Here's their eBay store - Freaks 'n Geeks

It doesn't look like they're selling anything right now.  :-k
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"