@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/07/2011, 11:45 AMPhew! You finally got than damned magnet. haha I got scared when I saw the PM from you, but I'm happy you finally received it. :)

For you guys that want to know about it, I got it from a store in Toronto. Just beware that I had a hell of a time getting these magnets and they got my order wrong. I originally ordered one TG magnet for Mathius, one Splatterhouse magnet for me and one Logan's Run magnet for my brother. When my stuff finally arrived, I received two TG magnets and the Logan's Run magnet, but no Splatterhouse magnet. I'm honestly happier with the TG magnet, so their screw up actually worked out in the end.

I had to contact them because the items never arrived after four weeks and the store is in Toronto, so there's absolutely no excuse for that. They responded by saying that the shipment must have gotten lost in the mail. Who knows - probably BS. My items did show up, however, shortly after I contacted them.

Here's their eBay store - Freaks 'n Geeks

It doesn't look like they're selling anything right now.  :-k
I got the same TG16 magnet from an ebay seller located in Canada and mine took 4-5 weeks to arrive.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ceti Alpha

BTW, the Splatterhouse magnet was based off the TG artwork and had a TG logo.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

blueraven

A white turbo tap, finally so I can do some 5 player bomberman!

Opethian

IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: blueraven on 03/07/2011, 02:18 PMA white turbo tap, finally so I can do some 5 player bomberman!
awesome! yeah nothing more fun than that! I got about 6 ppl on Saturn Bomberman on a huge tv, it was a blast!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: hoobs88 on 03/07/2011, 12:13 PMI got the same TG16 magnet from an ebay seller located in Canada and mine took 4-5 weeks to arrive.
Probably kept getting stuck to things during shipment.  ;)

blueraven

Quote from: elabit on 03/07/2011, 08:29 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 03/07/2011, 02:18 PMA white turbo tap, finally so I can do some 5 player bomberman!
awesome! yeah nothing more fun than that! I got about 6 ppl on Saturn Bomberman on a huge tv, it was a blast!
It's incredibly kick@$$, I'm starting to miss my Saturn.

STARTING.

Mathius

Well Joe R. it came!

/103_0109.jpg

Reproduction cart obviously. It's fantastic but...NO BATTERY BACKUP WAS INCLUDED! Good thing I am not bitter. :mrgreen:

Joe Redifer

Glad it came.  Did he ever say it would come with battery backup?  I forget if the game supports password or not.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/08/2011, 01:07 AMGlad it came.  Did he ever say it would come with battery backup?  I forget if the game supports password or not.
Na he didn't say one way or another. It doesn't include password, and if I ever want to make it to the Wily Tower I am going to have to have a marathon gaming session. Or, just leave my Genesis on for a day or two. You should check out my feedback also on Sega-16.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?p=359845#post359845

TheClash603

I paid $80 for Rockman Mega World.  How much was that repro?

I am going to guess $50, so why not just spring for the real thing?  I use a $3 Game Genie to play it on my Genesis.

Opethian

there was a guy on sega-age selling Wiley Wars with battery backup for about $50 shipped
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 03/06/2011, 02:54 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 03/06/2011, 12:20 AM/famifm.png
TRON, when you're done with Final Mission, I'll take it off your hands. I played SCAT on NES and I am curious about the changes that were made. Thanks :)
No way i give up s.c.a.t/final mission it took me a while to find it boxed.Though,the most difference i've heard is the jpn version of (s.c.a.t) is it's more diffcult then the u.s version.

No doubt a gem by natsume though it's weird how they only 'make harvest moon games these days.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 03/06/2011, 11:15 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/06/2011, 11:10 PMMathius, Outrun is a top 10 game all-time.  Sega Ages is awesome!
That is the only reason I wanted that one! Afterburner II just isn't as good without a flight stick, and I have never been the biggest fan of Space Harrier. I would have gladly traded both for an arcade perfect port of Thunderblade. That's my favorite "Super-Scaler" game. :) Outrun is a close second. :wink:
does it also have the UBERJAMAZINGJAWESOME 60fps mode like the j version?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/08/2011, 07:08 AMI paid $80 for Rockman Mega World.  How much was that repro?

I am going to guess $50, so why not just spring for the real thing?  I use a $3 Game Genie to play it on my Genesis.
Quote from: Opethian on 03/08/2011, 07:15 AMthere was a guy on sega-age selling Wiley Wars with battery backup for about $50 shipped
I paid $35 shipped for mine. Sega-Age huh?
Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/08/2011, 08:07 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/06/2011, 11:15 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/06/2011, 11:10 PMMathius, Outrun is a top 10 game all-time.  Sega Ages is awesome!
That is the only reason I wanted that one! Afterburner II just isn't as good without a flight stick, and I have never been the biggest fan of Space Harrier. I would have gladly traded both for an arcade perfect port of Thunderblade. That's my favorite "Super-Scaler" game. :) Outrun is a close second. :wink:
does it also have the UBERJAMAZINGJAWESOME 60fps mode like the j version?
According to Redifer there is. :)

Joe Redifer

I think your feedback was good, Mathius.  The price wasn't too horrible.  Usually those repros go for around $50 like previously mentioned so at least you didn't pay THAT much.  I have the real deal, but never really take advantage of the battery since I rarely play Mega Man games for a few stages, especially the Genesis/MD version where there is a slight delay between when you touch the d-pad and when he starts moving.  I think they did that to make it easier to creep towards the edge without falling.  But leaving your Genesis on for days won't hurt it.  Just be sure to turn the TV and mega-stereo sound system off.

As for the Outrun 60fps mode, you have to go to the options screen, highlight Game Mode, then hold A and C and press Left or Right.  You can now choose from Overseas, Japan, Overseas [smooth] and Japan [smooth].  Always choose overseas because the Japan track layout is far inferior.  Unfortunately the Genesis version of Out Run is stuck with the shitty Japan layout.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/08/2011, 05:32 PMI think your feedback was good, Mathius.  The price wasn't too horrible.  Usually those repros go for around $50 like previously mentioned so at least you didn't pay THAT much.  I have the real deal, but never really take advantage of the battery since I rarely play Mega Man games for a few stages, especially the Genesis/MD version where there is a slight delay between when you touch the d-pad and when he starts moving.  I think they did that to make it easier to creep towards the edge without falling.  But leaving your Genesis on for days won't hurt it.  Just be sure to turn the TV and mega-stereo sound system off.

As for the Outrun 60fps mode, you have to go to the options screen, highlight Game Mode, then hold A and C and press Left or Right.  You can now choose from Overseas, Japan, Overseas [smooth] and Japan [smooth].  Always choose overseas because the Japan track layout is far inferior.  Unfortunately the Genesis version of Out Run is stuck with the shitty Japan layout.
Who made your repro??? I may want to upgrade one day. :) I agree with the controls. They just aren't as tight in Wily Wars.

Thanks for the Outrun code. Me being the lazy guy I am probably wouldn't have looked it up for days. :mrgreen:

blueraven

Broken gameboy at a garage sale for $2. 3 Commodores records. A free Copy of Cosmic Fantasy 2. 5 cups of coffee.

TheClash603

I am going to have to give that Outrun code a try too.  Thanks!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: <atiusWho made your repro???
Nobody.  I have the real Japanese version.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/08/2011, 10:26 PM
Quote from: <atiusWho made your repro???
Nobody.  I have the real Japanese version.
You know I realized what you meant after I posted, shut my laptop, and was on my way to town. D'oh!  #-o

Tatsujin

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/08/2011, 07:12 PMI am going to have to give that Outrun code a try too.  Thanks!
It's probably the best code ever made in history of all video games :!:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

dingsbums

Border Down FINALLY  :P
/borderdown901x676.jpg

Thousand Thanks to Moosmann - he did the Extern Controller Port Mod on my PSP.
I highly recommend his site (in German - sorry).

http://playoffline.wordpress.com/

Port (for some reason I couldn't get a better picture  :cry: )
/psp3901x676.jpg

Connected (notice the right connector)
/psp2901x676.jpg

Result (finally I can play Darius Burst properly - with the Astro City Control Panel)
/psp901x676.jpg

Vinyl
/vinyl901x676.jpg

BlueBMW

I seem to be on a hardware kick these days!  Got some more broken stuff in to fix..

A Duo-R in need of LOTS of TLC
A Turbo Express in need of a little TLC

And a couple of games :D

/buytoday1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

wow was that DUO door bleached? hahah
IMG

BlueBMW

I have no idea what happened to that door lol.   If I get this system fixed up, I'll probably have the shell professionally repainted.  The system has a region mod, RGB mod, and svideo / a/v jacks on the back.  So its worth trying to repair :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

cornacchia

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/09/2011, 10:15 PMI have no idea what happened to that door lol.   If I get this system fixed up, I'll probably have the shell professionally repainted.  The system has a region mod, RGB mod, and svideo / a/v jacks on the back.  So its worth trying to repair :D
You could always Retr0bright it :)

turbokon

I picked myself up another Turbo Express and in addition Final Soldier and something Tiger (heli shooting game) the other day.  The TE is in excellent cosmetic condition with one stuck pixel and no sound.  After replacing some caps, there is sound now.  This will be my backup TE :dance:.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ParanoiaDragon

Just ordered Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker for 16 bucks, & Nier for PS3 for 20 new.  I've heard some good things about Nier, that it feels more like a Castlevania, compared to the recent CV Lords of Shadow, which I think is terrible.
IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

Aleste deuce!!!! damn man I want an MSX!
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: dingsbums on 03/09/2011, 03:20 PMBorder Down FINALLY  :P
/borderdown901x676.jpg

Thousand Thanks to Moosmann - he did the Extern Controller Port Mod on my PSP.
I highly recommend his site (in German - sorry).

http://playoffline.wordpress.com/

Port (for some reason I couldn't get a better picture  :cry: )
/psp3901x676.jpg

Connected (notice the right connector)
/psp2901x676.jpg

Result (finally I can play Darius Burst properly - with the Astro City Control Panel)
/psp901x676.jpg

Vinyl
/vinyl901x676.jpg
wow u mut be happy as a clam.  very cool mod!!! me likey!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

_Paul

Ys Canvas

/yscanvas.jpg

I had to test some sample canvas at work so thought I might as well find a decent picture.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/11/2011, 01:10 PMHeh, nice one sunteam.
Of course, people at work took the piss, but stuff 'em, it's Ys!

NecroPhile

What machine was that printed on?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Canon W8400 wide format, on a 50/50 poly canvas.

I might do the front cover painting to Ys 1&2 next.

BlueBMW

Big haul today!

/sgxsupercd.jpg

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/11/2011, 01:10 PMHeh, nice one sunteam.
sunteam.----> very nice, sexy i would even say
Beamer-----> fuk ya

Mathius

Nice Beemer! I want a SGX so bad!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 03/11/2011, 10:41 PMNice Beemer! I want a SGX so bad!
You may be in luck.  I have two SGXs now.  The first one isn't as nice as this second one though.  Its missing the expansion covers and doesn't have an original power supply.  Works fine though.  M0N0PH0NIC mentioned he was interested in it, but if he decides against it, I'll be trading / selling it here on the cheap!  (ie less than $100 for sure)

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/11/2011, 10:45 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/11/2011, 10:41 PMNice Beemer! I want a SGX so bad!
You may be in luck.  I have two SGXs now.  The first one isn't as nice as this second one though.  Its missing the expansion covers and doesn't have an original power supply.  Works fine though.  M0N0PH0NIC mentioned he was interested in it, but if he decides against it, I'll be trading / selling it here on the cheap!  (ie less than $100 for sure)
PM me pics if he pulls out. I may have to wait until after MGC before I lay down the doe. No telling how much of a rabid spending spree I go on there, so I am saving up big time (trying to at least).

Yous has controller and such with it???

Mathius

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 03/11/2011, 10:52 PMPM me pics if he pulls out. I may have to wait until after MGC before I lay down the doe. No telling how much of a rabid spending spree I go on there, so I am saving up big time (trying to at least).

Yep, I have a matching controller for it.

Banjo Kazooie!  Probably one of my most favorite games on N64 if not all systems.  Absolutely LOVE that game!  The music from Treasure Trove Cove is my ringtone and the sound effect for picking up a jiggy is my text notification :P

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/11/2011, 11:07 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/11/2011, 10:52 PMPM me pics if he pulls out. I may have to wait until after MGC before I lay down the doe. No telling how much of a rabid spending spree I go on there, so I am saving up big time (trying to at least).

Yep, I have a matching controller for it.

Banjo Kazooie!  Probably one of my most favorite games on N64 if not all systems.  Absolutely LOVE that game!  The music from Treasure Trove Cove is my ringtone and the sound effect for picking up a jiggy is my text notification :P
Sweet! :D

My girlfriend bought Banjo-Kazooie. She loves that one! I never played it bitd though.

Opethian

IMG

Dragon Slayer for FM Towns finally showed up thanks seamail!
IMG

Mathius

I never knew Falcom made any FM Towns games.

turbokon

Nice, Beemer!!! Let me know if you ever get tired of the super cd-rom, I have a coregrafx just begging to plug into it :D
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbokon on 03/12/2011, 08:19 PMNice, Beemer!!! Let me know if you ever get tired of the super cd-rom, I have a coregrafx just begging to plug into it :D
Will do man :P  Have you got a system capable of running CDs though?  I'd feel really bad if you didnt :(

Another little goody showed up today from Japan!  Finally a proper use of the behemoth that is the Laseractive...

/PAC_N1.jpg

tsuran

I found Ar Tonelico 2 premium pak at my local gamestop today. Pretty excited
Posting is overrated.