The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/25/2012, 08:09 PMAhh... its car season again isnt it.. :P
LOL! That was knee slappingly silly!

tggodfrey

lol Yes Beemer it is.  The Z28 is getting a full tube suspension.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

BlueBMW

Quote from: tggodfrey on 04/26/2012, 12:37 AMlol Yes Beemer it is.  The Z28 is getting a full tube suspension.
As I search for all the parts necessary to finally finish up my motor / trans swap :wink:

Lol mathius
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

Got the second one in yesterday.  Now they are complete...
/465628_3078267392021_1123836233_32252783_2019264740_o.jpg

SMF

Quote from: Bernie on 04/26/2012, 11:24 AMGot the second one in yesterday.  Now they are complete...
/465628_3078267392021_1123836233_32252783_2019264740_o.jpg
Ahhhh yes the Ying to the Yang. As 1 being a cash in and the other being really good game.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

PunkCryborg

I've been to lazy to post the SMS I got from Ope because I've been too busy playing it and DracX for PCE. It came with a converter to playUS games on it so I get that glorious FM.
/img0100800x533.jpg

And this Sharp Twin with turbo came in the mail today  :D The disk drive works great and it's in excellent condition. I also have a converter for it so I can play NES games on it.
/img0098800x5332.jpg

ApolloBoy

Very nice, those are the exact same setups I use for the SMS and Famicom!
IMG

Mathius

Lucky butt! I would trade my Twin Fami for one of those Twin Turbos in a heartbeat. Nice! :D

roflmao

Those systems look sweet Punkic!

Joe Redifer

SMS FM is the best sound any game system has made EVER.  Genesis FM sucks, though, because it's the Genesis.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/27/2012, 06:43 PMSMS FM is the best sound any game system has made EVER.  Genesis FM sucks, though, because it's the Genesis.
Only downside is a some of the games are in Japanes when you rin them through the converter. So that wonder boy I have there becomes the Japanese version. But yeah it sounds awesome, especially the bios playing the Space Harrier theme over and over.

Tatsujin

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/27/2012, 06:52 PM, especially the bios playing the Space Harrier theme over and over.
this isn't original :)

QuoteI just had to do this given the fact this music piece is legendary and makes best use of both the Master System's PSG and YM2413 chips. For this variant, I used samples from the Megadrive's YM2612 chip (including percussion) and its PSG chip (for authenticity, as the SMS and MD's PSG chip is identical) alongside the NES' sound processing chip. It may not be the best version of the theme out there, but I enjoyed recreating this piece in an experimental style I enjoy, so I hope that you all enjoy it too. ^_^
but this is:
even not in the best qualy..lol.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperPlay

SuperDeadite

Picked up an old XVGA-1v scan converter for cheap, works quite well despite it's age.  Even works with the annoying 24khz modes, yay!

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

JapanTokei

Hey folks.. i haven't been on for a while.. trying to move back to Japan currently!  wish me luck...

Deadite - I am really in need of getting a nice JP SCART TV.. will PM you for sure and ask you where to look if I decide to move back.  I'm going insane trying to figure out how to play in RGB without one!  Look at the pictures I took from my TV screen comparing my current options. 

It seems my current option (upscaling via HDMI convertor) not only is losing some black color brightness (pic is too dark), but also is distorting the picture to make Ken look fatter than he is.  Not to mention the barely-toleratable screenlag..  :cry: :cry:

/RGB%20vs%20RCA.jpg

I need to learn how to be a electrician magician badass like BlueBeams .... or just get a real JP SCART TV :)

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/14/2012, 09:14 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/14/2012, 12:05 AMNice boxed pickups!

I honestly didn't know the Mega Drive had SCART output without requiring mod! As a long time Mega Drive fan that's big news to me. Kind of a moot point for me personally, because I don't have a SCART capable TV at the moment, but I'd be interested in seeing a comparison between the Wondermega S-Video and the Model 1 RGB output. I'm sure the RGB would be a bit sharper, but practically speaking I don't see how it could that much better than the S-Video I'm getting now, which is just so bright and crisp. But the real deal breaker is the better audio and built in Mega-CD functions, plus the look of the system. Best looking console ever made in my opinion!
You're in Japan right?  Getting an RGB TV here is extremely easy.  PM me if you want details.

SuperDeadite

SCART to HDMI converters suck, the only one that works well is the Framemeister, which is expenisve but a wonderful option for people who insist on ugly LCD displays with HDMI input.

A cheaper option is to use an RGB -> VGA upscan converter.  Which is basically the rest of the XRGB/DISPL line.  The one you want will vary on what you really want to play with it.

The cheapest option is an RGB CRT.  A Sony PVM in the USA can usually be gotten for $50 or so depending on size.  Here in Japan there are tons of old TVs witch take RGB, you just have to know what to look for.

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/29/2012, 05:38 AMSCART to HDMI converters suck...
That seems to be true. I bought one earlier and not only had I problem displaying some content (including my Duo), it also made the image 16:9 at all times and for some reason I was unable to select 4:3 as a display mode on both TVs I tested it on.

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/29/2012, 05:38 AM...the only one that works well is the Framemeister, which is expenisve but a wonderful option for people who insist on ugly LCD displays with HDMI input.
Well, there are other scalers as well, besides the XRGB-ones. Since I have a bunch of PAL consoles as well, I heard the Framemeister had problems witht PAL and I'm not sure a VGA solution would work for me. That's why I'm on the hunt for a DVDO VP20 or VP30 with the ABT102 deinterlacing card, which also can output in HDMI.

This site is a good read on the subject:
http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

VenomMacbeth

Boxed Tetrastar and Super Aleste...I'm drooling. :3  Anyway, here are my latest acquisitions:

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

'Scuse the pic-heavy post, I've been taking these over the last couple weeks...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/29/2012, 09:00 PMIMG
Master of Darkness is such an awesome, underrated game. Castlevania on the Master System, almost to the point of copyright infringement

JapanTokei

I never heard of this.  Was this an European release?  If so does these work on us and systems?  I had kenseiden as a kid.  Good game though I got stuck and couldn't beat it..  Also the guy kind of gloats in the air when jumping which was annoying..  My fav ninja action game on sms was...  Well whatelse.  Shinobi.   

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/29/2012, 09:29 PM
Master of Darkness is such an awesome, underrated game. Castlevania on the Master System, almost to the point of copyright infringement

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: JapanTokei on 04/29/2012, 09:50 PMI never heard of this.  Was this an European release?  If so does these work on us and systems?  I had kenseiden as a kid.  Good game though I got stuck and couldn't beat it..  Also the guy kind of gloats in the air when jumping which was annoying..  My fav ninja action game on sms was...  Well whatelse.  Shinobi.   

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/29/2012, 09:29 PM
Yes, it's UK only, but it does work on an NTSC system and it is definitely awesome.  I actually like this better than Castlevania. :) *dodges brick*
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

thesteve

that brick was a samsung galaxy

Samurai Ghost

Nice Master System pick ups! Master of Darkness is a title I want to pick up for sure as both a Castlevania and Master System fan.

Here's my haul from Akihabara. Won't be back in Japan for at least a year so I made sure to pick up some titles I've been wanting before I left. Ninja Princess in particular, and it's in great shape for a MyCard game. Got all of these at Retro Friends and Traders, two great shops in Akihabara if you are ever there. Great selection and prices.

IMG

JapanTokei

Samurai is that BattleMania the ultra rare-azz one or the normal one..
so you're leaving JP huh?  you're gonna miss it.  I'm trying to get back there myself.  my fav place in Asia aside from Taiwan to live/play/work. 

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/29/2012, 11:55 PMNice Master System pick ups! Master of Darkness is a title I want to pick up for sure as both a Castlevania and Master System fan.

Here's my haul from Akihabara. Won't be back in Japan for at least a year so I made sure to pick up some titles I've been wanting before I left. Ninja Princess in particular, and it's in great shape for a MyCard game. Got all of these at Retro Friends and Traders, two great shops in Akihabara if you are ever there. Great selection and prices.

IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: JapanTokei on 04/29/2012, 09:50 PMI never heard of this.  Was this an European release?  If so does these work on us and systems?  I had kenseiden as a kid.  Good game though I got stuck and couldn't beat it..  Also the guy kind of gloats in the air when jumping which was annoying..  My fav ninja action game on sms was...  Well whatelse.  Shinobi.   
I think there was a version released on the Game Gear in the US -

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: JapanTokei on 04/30/2012, 12:04 AMSamurai is that BattleMania the ultra rare-azz one or the normal one..
so you're leaving JP huh?  you're gonna miss it.  I'm trying to get back there myself.  my fav place in Asia aside from Taiwan to live/play/work. 
It's just the first Battle Mania one so it's not too rare or expensive. Battle Mania II usually fetches at least 12,000 yen or so...

Yep, just moved back to LA after about eight years in Japan. Can't say I won't miss it but looking forward to do some new things regarding my career.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/29/2012, 11:55 PMNice Master System pick ups! Master of Darkness is a title I want to pick up for sure as both a Castlevania and Master System fan.

IMG
Hey, nice boxed Kenseiden!  I like the game, but it's extremely difficult...I can't make it past the first boss! ><  I wonder why they changed Hayato's hair black for western releases?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Samurai Ghost

Yeah a lot of Master System games are brutally difficult, which is part of the reason I like them so much. Happy I could pick up a nice copy of this for a good price. I always saw it loose or in bad shape, or for like $20, but I got this copy in great shape for 750 yen which I thought was a good deal. My Master System is still being freighted to me so I won't be able to play it for a while though...

kakutolives

Man I am jealous of that battlemania!!!
too bad ebay charges a lot even for the first game and I kind of like how it looks compared to the U.S. version (trouble shooter)
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

JapanTokei

Damn the game looks great!  Gfx is tops for GG.  Was the sms version better or worse compared to GG?  Watching tye youtube video is funny cuz the game reminds me of another castlevania ripofff ie Renny Blaster

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/30/2012, 12:07 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 04/29/2012, 09:50 PMI never heard of this.  Was this an European release?  If so does these work on us and systems?  I had kenseiden as a kid.  Good game though I got stuck and couldn't beat it..  Also the guy kind of gloats in the air when jumping which was annoying..  My fav ninja action game on sms was...  Well whatelse.  Shinobi.  
I think there was a version released on the Game Gear in the US -

kakutolives

/dqlsmr.jpg

picked the genesis 3 for about 25 bucks (with shipping included) and a controller not in the picture. needed one to play bartre's repro  :dance:
sorry about the pic quality. I am using my ps3 eyetoy to take the pic since my main camera died :(
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

Samurai Ghost

The genny 3 is so small!
I also ordered a repro of Battle Mania 2 from Bartre. Can't wait to play it! Heard it's a great game!

SamIAm

I'm in Japan and am thinking about getting a different TV. I've actually got a Keene RGB-to-Component converter that I'm pretty happy with, but a straight RGB TV would work just fine. Either way, I'd like a 32 or 36 inch 4:3 CRT set.

Can you guys tell me about that a little? Maybe I should make a new thread.

SuperDeadite

Pretty much evey Sony Wega CRT takes RGB via the AV Multi plug.  Such as this one:
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e126156587
Then you just need an adapter like this one.
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f115447857

There are other options, but mostly smaller sized.  You can usually get a nice 21 inch Wega in Hardoff for like 1,000yen these days.  Larger sizes like 32 inchers do exist, but be aware they are very heavy.  I have a 29'' Trinitron and it weighs about 150lbs.

JapanTokei

I'm heading back to Tokyo for a wedding this summer so started picking up a game here and there from online stores.

finally got me a complete mib copy of Download 2 at reasonable price:
/muu_x_muu-img600x450-13344738898sxyp274835.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/30/2012, 06:07 AMYou can usually get a nice 21 inch Wega in Hardoff for like 1,000yen these days.  Larger sizes like 32 inchers do exist, but be aware they are very heavy.  I have a 29'' Trinitron and it weighs about 150lbs.
This is the truth.  I used to have a 36" wega and it weighed about 220lbs, which is why I finally got rid of it. :(

SamIAm

Thanks for the links!

Weight doesn't bother me too much. I had a heavy JVC 32 inch set back in the States, and once I got the thing set up, it was perfect.

Now I have a 27 inch Toshiba set that has component inputs (which, again, is fine) but also has a little gash on the screen and a couple other little quirks. Ideally, I'd get a quality 32 inch set as my main and turn this sucker on its side as a permanent tate screen. :)

Hard-Off has cheap sets, you say? It's funny, most of the used shops around me sell decent CRTs at like 15,000 yen. I know people are trashing CRTs like crazy, so I ought to be able to get one for far less than that.

jeffhlewis

IMG

My last bulk order from Yamatoku on eBay + some other random stuff. All completes - only missing manuals for the Mark III and the Twin Fami. Also my last purchase for a long time with the gargantuan tax bill I got this year  ](*,)

futureman2000

Nice! Mark III is one of the better looking consoles.

Opethian

IMG

I robbed Deadite and this is all I could get away with :(
IMG

Mathius

Boxed Twin Fami  =P~

Blazing Star AES!  =P~ =P~

Tatsujin

lol, ope.

but where did you get that from? conversion? haw much? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: Opethian on 04/30/2012, 11:34 PMIMG

I robbed Deadite and this is all I could get away with :(
Nice, still i like to know why the space baby from 2010 a space odyssey is the end boss in blazing star :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SuperDeadite

ROLF you fell for the boobie trap!   Seriously though why buy a boot?  Why not just stick to the MVS cart for now ?

Made a trip to Tokyo and bought a pile of crap.

IMG
https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/SuperDeadite/PICT1198.jpg

TheClash603

Dr. Paolo is the first thing to genuinely make me jealous on here in ages.

Drooooool.

Ji-L87

The middle one seems to be an...interesting movie : >

Edit: So that's what it's called. I was doing too many things at once before posting this.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

kamiboy

Finally, after years of biding my time.

IMG

Got my minty Duo!

Bernie

roflmao