10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: majors on 04/24/2012, 10:13 AMThe Gamers of Lost Ark.
Short student docu about a local, independent arcade and game store. It was shown at the River Run Film Fest last weekend.
That was nice. I hope those two stay in business...I wonder how they can make rent + living expenses on the shop every month. I love what they are doing, but I fear for the long-term
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

Nostalgia Critic-Star Chaser Legend of Orin
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

majors

Quote from: esteban on 04/25/2012, 01:08 AMThat was nice. I hope those two stay in business...I wonder how they can make rent + living expenses on the shop every month. I love what they are doing, but I fear for the long-term
Dan and Asa both have women with money, so the store can break even for a spell. Location is prime, right near a university. The strip mall landlord gave them 6 months of free rent when they opened, that helped. They do not do any on-line sales, no eBay or web store front. It's all hipster foot traffic and the occasional poor person that is looking for a PS2 or oXbox.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esteban

Quote from: majors on 04/25/2012, 09:52 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/25/2012, 01:08 AMThat was nice. I hope those two stay in business...I wonder how they can make rent + living expenses on the shop every month. I love what they are doing, but I fear for the long-term
Dan and Asa both have women with money, so the store can break even for a spell. Location is prime, right near a university. The strip mall landlord gave them 6 months of free rent when they opened, that helped. They do not do any on-line sales, no eBay or web store front. It's all hipster foot traffic and the occasional poor person that is looking for a PS2 or oXbox.
I need someone to open up a similar arcade near me  :pcgs:.

TR0N

Metal Jesus Rocks-Full Throttle PC Game review
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 04/28/2012, 01:23 AMMetal Jesus Rocks-Full Throttle PC Game review
I never played this game, but I've been curious about it.

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 04/28/2012, 02:53 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/28/2012, 01:23 AMMetal Jesus Rocks-Full Throttle PC Game review
I never played this game, but I've been curious about it.
Same i never had a pc in the 90's so i never got to play point&click adventures.
IMG

Digi.k

Sega's strange arcade game... it works in the men's urinals..and depends on the pressure of your pee...

IMG

geise

I miss Mad TV.  Will Sasso was always one of my favorites.  No matter how old I am I think I will always find this skit funny.  I loved his Kenny Rogers skits.

Opethian

IMG

kamiboy

NEC TurboDuo VS Sega Genesis at the 1992 Summer CES. You can really tell that SEGA had more marketing money to throw around.

I am reminded of the ending of Metal Gear Solid with Ocelot reporting: "The inferior one won after all"

TR0N

TMNT Tourment Fighters (NES,Genesis,SNES) Review
Kwing is back to doing turtles months.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

Now that is a ironman costume  :shock: :shock:
IMG

roflmao

roflmao

OMG, I want this game. (And some nerdy friends to play it with. :D)

NecroPhile

Quote from: TR0N on 05/08/2012, 08:28 AMNow that is a ironman costume  :shock: :shock:
Fancy suit, but was anyone else thinking of Triumph and his "so which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?" line?  I can't help but think of that every time I see something like this.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2012, 10:15 AMFancy suit, but was anyone else thinking of Triumph and his "so which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?" line?  I can't help but think of that every time I see something like this.
Ha!  I had completely forgotten about that!
Sooooo funny. :D

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2012, 10:15 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/08/2012, 08:28 AMNow that is a ironman costume  :shock: :shock:
LOL some where in that costume the person probably has a app for that.For calling his parents any ways.

Btw my comment on what NecroPhile said towards that video.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: kamiboy on 05/01/2012, 11:38 AM
NEC TurboDuo VS Sega Genesis at the 1992 Summer CES. You can really tell that SEGA had more marketing money to throw around.

I am reminded of the ending of Metal Gear Solid with Ocelot reporting: "The inferior one won after all"
I started watching this the day you posted it (I used to have the brochure that you see in the video), but then life got busy and I haven't had a chance to finish watching it.

TR0N

Lukemorse1 Gunlord Neo Geo MVS (NG DEV Team)
Yes this homebrew run'n'gun from ng dev is out now it's also on the dreamcast as well.
IMG

roflmao

geise

Quote from: TR0N on 05/10/2012, 12:20 AMLukemorse1 Gunlord Neo Geo MVS (NG DEV Team)
Yes this homebrew run'n'gun from ng dev is out now it's also on the dreamcast as well.
It's really sad what they want for the MVS version.  Also, it's seems to be a decent Turrican rip off.  I remember seeing this on neo-geo.com quite a while ago.  Is there anything Luke doesn't buy?  I wonder how much debt he has?

Well I've been watching old school japanese computer/game commercials from late 70's through 80's.  Haha some ummm...unique things.

NightWolve

This was fun!! A gamer who reveals he *still* can't defeat Mike Tyson in the old NES game is given an "intervention", if you will. Its got some history on the real Mike Tyson thrown in to boot.
Quote from: guest on 05/08/2012, 10:15 AMFancy suit, but was anyone else thinking of Triumph and his "so which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?" line?  I can't help but think of that every time I see something like this.
Ah, the Star Wars Nerds episode! That was Triumph's best work by far and I haven't seen anything else that comes as close. I actually bought a Triumph "Best Of" DVD.

TR0N

Quote from: geise on 05/11/2012, 07:56 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/10/2012, 12:20 AMLukemorse1 Gunlord Neo Geo MVS (NG DEV Team)
It's really sad what they want for the MVS version.  Also, it's seems to be a decent Turrican rip off.  I remember seeing this on neo-geo.com quite a while ago.  Is there anything Luke doesn't buy?  I wonder how much debt he has?

Well I've been watching old school japanese computer/game commercials from late 70's through 80's.  Haha some ummm...unique things.
For the mvs version yeah to expensive for my taste.I'll get the dreamcast version since it is the cheaper option.By the way i don't know how lukemorse1 does it,but he seems to all ways have the money to buy the games that he wants.
IMG

SamIAm

If Quake was done today...
Also, Mario.

Mathius

SMW Overworld Theme 1 - Squirrelized! :)
SMW Castle Theme... Squirrelized! :)
...Which one of you Frozen Utopia guys are responsible for this goodness??? :)

TR0N

Let's Compare Bubble Bobble
Part 1
Part 2
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: Mathius on 05/12/2012, 07:37 PM...Which one of you Frozen Utopia guys are responsible for this goodness??? :)
..guilty as charged. :) (I did two additional pieces too btw)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Quote from: OldRover on 05/13/2012, 03:02 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/12/2012, 07:37 PM...Which one of you Frozen Utopia guys are responsible for this goodness??? :)
..guilty as charged. :) (I did two additional pieces too btw)
I see Zelda got the Squirrel treatment. :)

Mathius

Let's Compare ( Castlevania )
I had no idea there were so many versions of the original Castlevania (save the MSX and X68k version)

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 05/13/2012, 10:09 PMLet's Compare ( Castlevania )
I had no idea there were so many versions of the original Castlevania (save the MSX and X68k version)
Wow, it looks like the X68000 or Playstation Chonicles versions are the way to go!  The NES version holds up pretty well compared to its competitors.  That DOS version is pretty pathetic...

TR0N

Purple Heart~Rush'n'Attack (OC Remix)
IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 05/13/2012, 10:52 PM
Wow, it looks like the X68000 or Playstation Chonicles versions are the way to go!  The NES version holds up pretty well compared to its competitors.  That DOS version is pretty pathetic...
While the X68k is a remake of the first game, it's pretty much a totally different game after the first level, kinda silly to put it in this kind of comparison.  I mean SCIV on SNES is also a remake...  Not to mention the arcade game came out after the NES/FDS/MSX versions, so why it's shown first here makes no sense really....

Edit: Just finished watching the whole vid.  For the PS1 section he uses the GS MIDI Music option.  Which is a really retarded way to do a comparison, as it looks like that music is unique to the PS1 version, when it's a standard option in the original X68k release.  The PS1 port's arranged mode does have a totally new redbook cd soundtrack, why the hell isn't he using that?  Or at the very least the FM track so a viewer can compare the PS1's FM emulation...  This video hurts my brain.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/14/2012, 07:23 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/13/2012, 10:52 PM
Wow, it looks like the X68000 or Playstation Chonicles versions are the way to go!  The NES version holds up pretty well compared to its competitors.  That DOS version is pretty pathetic...
While the X68k is a remake of the first game, it's pretty much a totally different game after the first level, kinda silly to put it in this kind of comparison.  I mean SCIV on SNES is also a remake...  Not to mention the arcade game came out after the NES/FDS/MSX versions, so why it's shown first here makes no sense really....

Edit: Just finished watching the whole vid.  For the PS1 section he uses the GS MIDI Music option.  Which is a really retarded way to do a comparison, as it looks like that music is unique to the PS1 version, when it's a standard option in the original X68k release.  The PS1 port's arranged mode does have a totally new redbook cd soundtrack, why the hell isn't he using that?  Or at the very least the FM track so a viewer can compare the PS1's FM emulation...  This video hurts my brain.
That didn't make much sense to me either. It was still cool to see versions like the DOS, C64, and Amiga even if they did suck.

NightWolve

http://toofu.tv/video/255/embed

An unsuspecting female thinks that nobody is watching while, shall we say, "adjusting" herself.

Mathius

This is an, IMO, awesome little fictional web series about Brent Spiner. If you don't know who Brent Spiner is than you may not get as much out of it. For those that do start watching immediately!

https://www.youtube.com/user/freshhellseries?feature=watch

Digi.k

RIP Robin Gibb

Grease intro
You should be dancing

TR0N

CGR-Fatal Fury 2 Sega Genesis Review
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Digi.k

did this get posted yet ? its Super street fighter with portal gun

Sadler

Okay, it's vimeo, but HERE'S a pretty cool take on zombies.

roflmao

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/24/2012, 07:38 PMdid this get posted yet ? its Super street fighter with portal gun
That made me lol numerous times.  I was afraid I was going to wake the kiddo. :D

Quote from: Sadler on 05/24/2012, 09:45 PMOkay, it's vimeo, but HERE'S a pretty cool take on zombies.
I've never had a problem watching videos on vimeo before, but that one just showed a black screen and had no audio for me.  Bummer, cause I love me some zombie movie!

JoshTurboTrollX

I went for a walk and saw a GIANT TURTLE!!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

cinemassacre.com top ten obscure nes gems
Well what avgn friend mike thinks any ways.
IMG

Joe Redifer

I guess he's never played Forgotten Worlds.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/28/2012, 02:38 AMI guess he's never played Forgotten Worlds.
Yeah any time i'd played s.c.a.t/final mission that's what it remined me of  :P
IMG

mrjiggs

Just watched a video on a decent band Dead Letter Circus.

SamIAm

I could watch this girl move all day.

Nando

From the site:
Once upon a time, Star Wars: A New Hope was done as a radio play starring Mark Hamill. It was pretty good. It wasn't as good as this, as a video of famed voice actors Billy West, Tara Strong, Maurice LaMarche, John DiMaggio, Kevin Conroy, Jess Harnell and Rob Paulsen redoing the goddamn movie as their most famous characters. You're going to think that Kevin fucking Conroy narrating the movie will be the best, but then Bubbles starts in as Darth Vader and then Jake from Adventure Time is Princess Leia, and OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST DAMN THING EVER INFINITE THINGS TO THE CHU FOR THE TIP

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/05/star_wars_starring_batman_bender_ren_and_stimpy_pi.php