The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/22/2012, 05:21 PMHere's everything I've acquired recently. 

IMG

IMG

IMG
Oh shit! Bomber raid just took me back. Totally forgot about that one. Now I need to track it down!

Terminarcade

I few things I bought this summer. Cheap hueys, rare saturn games and other cool stuff.

IMG
IMG
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: galam on 08/23/2012, 08:06 AMOh shit! Bomber raid just took me back. Totally forgot about that one. Now I need to track it down!
Do it!  It's dirt cheap these days.  It's a pretty good game, even with its misleading cover art. :lol
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Mishran

King of Fighters '98, '99, and 2000 carts joined the ranks of my MVS collection today. Love me some KOF! :dance:

majors

Quote from: Terminarcade on 08/23/2012, 09:12 AMI few things I bought this summer.
The DP pinball games are too good. The Necronomicon intro is so WTF?, but still bad ass!
IMG
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Digi.k

Got my wii console today used.  36 quid or 57 usd

Can't seem to download the wii shop system update.. getting that 32017 error message which is annoying as hell.

Also can't wait for the component cables to arrive from amazon and a few wii RPGs

/MEMO0018-1.jpg

Terminarcade

Quote from: majors on 08/23/2012, 05:17 PM
Quote from: Terminarcade on 08/23/2012, 09:12 AMI few things I bought this summer.
The DP pinball games are too good. The Necronomicon intro is so WTF?, but still bad ass!
IMG
Yeah those games are addictive! Necronomicon is my favorite so far. Music is also very badass, all of them have great music. That intro is extra cheesy, but make me lol everytime. :P

bartre

just paid for a pce controller and a diving board converter, now it's the waiting game.
not a big deal if it takes a while though, got it for a steal, the converter was about the price of a mod :D

TR0N

IMG
/wiils.png
Yes i got the bonus soundtrack as well with the last story.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

JapanTokei

awesome.  Lunar, Shining Force 2, Snatcher are imo best Sega/Mega CD ever made.  Popful mail is better on the PCE :)

Quote from: TR0N on 08/24/2012, 01:20 AMIMG
/wiils.png

JapanTokei

Today, I FINALLY got a nice excellent-minty copy of Devil's CRASH (PCE version) CIB huey.  It took me forever to find out for sale at a reasonable price... too bad I already packed all my systems otherwise I would be busy pin-balling! :)

TR0N

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/24/2012, 05:30 AMawesome.  Lunar, Shining Force 2, Snatcher are imo best Sega/Mega CD ever made.  Popful mail is better on the PCE :)

Quote from: TR0N on 08/24/2012, 01:20 AMIMG
/wiils.png
Really i think Popful Mail on the Sega-CD is the definite version of the game. As for the other games you mention i agree,hmmm i don't know if i'll ever get snatcher again that one is so pricey these days.
IMG

bob

Nice find on the Lunars. I have those in my crosshairs right now, but I'm not paying eBay prices for them.

I just picked up skullkeep for sega cd and space harrier for SMS.

FiftyQuid

This arrived in the mail today.  I already have the game, but I needed the manual.  So instead of paying $20 for a manual I just bought the game again.  When it showed up I got what I consider a wonderful surprise.

/dscn7233w.jpg

Then I flipped it over...

/dscn7237g.jpg

I'm always worried about crap I buy online.  You never know what shape it's going to show up in.  Not only did the game work, and the manual look great, but I got a bonus case.  Now I just need a Super System 3.0 Card to fill it!  :)

I noticed this one is in French and English on the back.  Were all copies printed bilingual or is this a Canadian version?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PunkCryborg

looks like it's in a pc engine hu card case too

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/24/2012, 03:07 PMlooks like it's in a pc engine hu card case too
The entire case could be a US Super System Card case. I have a complete US SSC and my case is white inside with the little tabs to keep the HuSleeve in place.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mathius on 08/24/2012, 03:12 PMThe entire case could be a US Super System Card case. I have a complete US SSC and my case is white inside with the little tabs to keep the HuSleeve in place.
That's what I'm thinking.  This one has the little tabs inside too.  The hu sleeve has two holes in it as well.

Nando

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/24/2012, 03:04 PMThis arrived in the mail today.  I already have the game, but I needed the manual.  So instead of paying $20 for a manual I just bought the game again.  When it showed up I got what I consider a wonderful surprise.

/dscn7233w.jpg

Then I flipped it over...

/dscn7236.jpg
Whoah, was just thinking about that game back in the arcade days. Tons of "lost" quarters. How's the gameplay on this version?

Nice score on the rest of the jewel case

Joe Redifer

The US SSC3 sleeve has two holes in it and that is the actual case you have there (but without the front cover).  I could never get the holes to line up with the tabs.  The way my SSC3 came from the factory is with the long end of the sleeve (with the holes) tucked underneath the crevice to the left and the tabs just holding the right side in. So that's how I store all my HuCards that come in such cases.

VestCunt

Nice find, fifty. I'm pretty sure all NA 3.0 cards are bilingual.
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/24/2012, 05:28 PMThe US SSC3 sleeve has two holes in it and that is the actual case you have there (but without the front cover).  I could never get the holes to line up with the tabs.  The way my SSC3 came from the factory is with the long end of the sleeve (with the holes) tucked underneath the crevice to the left and the tabs just holding the right side in. So that's how I store all my HuCards that come in such cases.
Weird. Doing that really bunches the sleeve up. I've only bought two white-tray hucards new (ACD Duo and SF2) and they both came with the tabs in the holes, IIRC.
Topic Adjourned.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/24/2012, 05:28 PMThe US SSC3 sleeve has two holes in it and that is the actual case you have there (but without the front cover).  I could never get the holes to line up with the tabs.  The way my SSC3 came from the factory is with the long end of the sleeve (with the holes) tucked underneath the crevice to the left and the tabs just holding the right side in. So that's how I store all my HuCards that come in such cases.
That's strange. I've never had that problem.  :-k

Joe Redifer

It actually works out pretty well, I find.  Here's some pics of how I do it:

case1.jpg
I have the long part of the sleeve on top and to the left.  I have all my HuCard sleeves oriented this way.

case2.jpg
The card inserted into the special case.  Long part gets tucked under in the left side.  It doesn't bunch up.  The right side goes under the tabs.

case3.jpg
One of the reasons I like this method is that it's really easy to insert and remove the card like shown with one or two fingers (if the thumb counts as a finger).  There's nothing forced either when it goes in or comes out (this is starting to sound sexay).  There's no holes to worry about lining up.  And the card is definitely not going to fall out of the case even if you shake it while it's open.  Though I imagine if you shook it hard enough it might come out.

EDIT:  I accidentally a word.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2012, 06:07 PMNice find, fifty. I'm pretty sure all NA 3.0 cards are bilingual.
It sort of found me.  I've never seen a NA 3.0 card so I wasn't sure.  What do you guys in the USA say when you see french on the back?  I'm guessing something like, "What the hell is that doing on there?"  :D

[EDIT] @ Joe Redifer - That actually looks easier.  I would definitely use this method.

turboswimbz

QuoteIt sort of found me.  I've never seen a NA 3.0 card so I wasn't sure.  What do you guys in the USA say when you see french on the back?  I'm guessing something like, "What the hell is that doing on there?"  :D
Idk about everyone else here in the US, But say 10 - 15 - 20 years ago, most items like electronics, other consumer goods, My family would buy would have english/french, now-a-days it's english/spanish, so when I see the french now I say WOW, this is old or WOW, look at this it's like the way NA stuff use to be.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

I *believe* the Turbo items that contain French are Canadian releases.

BigusSchmuck

I think I got a pretty good complete minus the cardboard box parasol stars:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300767721958?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
At least its better than what I have been seeing them go... Might have to either raffle my loosey or sell it cheap.

Mishran

Got me a Metal Slug 4 MVS kit in the mail today. I know people have talked down on the game, but I personally enjoy playing it. Can't beat the first 4(1,2,3,X) gameplay wise, but it has some good qualities. I have no complaints.

TR0N

Quote from: galam on 08/24/2012, 08:33 AMNice find on the Lunars. I have those in my crosshairs right now, but I'm not paying eBay prices for them.

I just picked up skullkeep for sega cd and space harrier for SMS.
Sadly i got both lunars from evilbay  :roll:  :wink: Not like i had a choice i couldn't find them both locally any ways.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: majors on 08/23/2012, 05:17 PM
IMG
I just watched this. Simply brilliant. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

turboswimbz

Shopping spree had $250

so since thursday I've snaged these.  Sidearms IC $10 / Legendary Axe IC $20 had to buy this at 20 to get the splatterhouse / Splatterhouse IC $20 / Ninja Spirit CIB for $24 / PC Duo for $120 / Ys book 1/2 IC for $37 + shipping.

$250 budget gone .  .  .
Not all great deals but decent.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Digi.k

some wii games

/kwoksta/MEMO0019-1.jpg

bob

Picked up NES contra, Castlevania 3, and kid Icarus for $2 a pop at a thrift store.

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 08/25/2012, 10:18 PMPicked up NES contra, Castlevania 3, and kid Icarus for $2 a pop at a thrift store.
Castlevania III and Contra are going for far more in the brick and mortar shops. You got a good deal.

PikachuWarrior

Rayman (sega saturn) free in a trade. Traded Kirby's Air Ride (game cube).
Mario/Luigi zipper lunchbox: free.

Zelda Four Swords Adventure Black Label/Complete: $15
Criticom PS1 Longbox: $3.00

Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies (Vol 2): $3.00
Sony Trinitron (Flat Panel) TV at Goodwill: $3.50

Also got the 2012 Square Enix Ultimate Rewards. Decent stuff:

Lanyard, License Plate cover, Mousepad, FF4 Art Plate.
IMG

SuperDeadite

A few nice gets.  Murder Club and and Alone in the Dark are for Townsy, the other 3 are X68k:

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/26/2012, 09:38 PMA few nice gets.  Murder Club and and Alone in the Dark are for Townsy, the other 3 are X68k:

IMG
I was very impressed by the packaging and collateral on the x68k games that I've seen. Namely Gradius. How do these compare.?

esadajr

Just liberated a GOT from "feebay"
Gaming since 1985

Ji-L87

Quote from: esadajr on 08/26/2012, 11:09 PMJust liberated a GOT from "feebay"
I like the way you talk :P

I liberated a few things from the bay myself, and possibly more will be freed by the end of the week if things goes my way.
Got last second-outbid on GunHed though : <
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

PunkCryborg

Loom is brand new sealed (not for long though  :twisted:) from tggodfrey
Ernest Evans and Anette Futatabi are from Geise

img0141800x533.jpg

SMF

Just purchased a Nightmare On Elm Street Pinball Machine for what I feel was a steal. Working order no work needs done and come Sept 5th I will be picking it up. HUGE Elm Street fan and I've wanted one since 1994 when I got the flyer in the mail.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

PunkCryborg

Quote from: SMF on 08/27/2012, 06:02 PMJust purchased a Nightmare On Elm Street Pinball Machine for what I feel was a steal. Working order no work needs done and come Sept 5th I will be picking it up. HUGE Elm Street fan and I've wanted one since 1994 when I got the flyer in the mail.
Whoa man sweeeet score, I've been into pinball lately and want one. You gotta post lots of pics when you get it in!

SMF

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/27/2012, 06:26 PM
Quote from: SMF on 08/27/2012, 06:02 PMJust purchased a Nightmare On Elm Street Pinball Machine for what I feel was a steal. Working order no work needs done and come Sept 5th I will be picking it up. HUGE Elm Street fan and I've wanted one since 1994 when I got the flyer in the mail.
Whoa man sweeeet score, I've been into pinball lately and want one. You gotta post lots of pics when you get it in!
Thanks O deff picks will be posted, I knew I would own one someday when the price was right. I got my signed Translight ready to replace the one that's in there now lol. So now I got some rearanging to do in the gameroom lol. Sept 5th is drag lol.

SMF

Already planning on picking up a Freddy Glove cause them made them cheap in the machine and the blades break off easily. Figured I would buy one and get it reworked with metal blades so they won crack or break off.

DragonmasterDan

I always wanted one of these, and I got one today.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Colossus1574

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/27/2012, 07:11 PMI always wanted one of these, and I got one today.

IMG
WHOA! what the heck box is that? Is that like a last gen TG16 box? Euro release?

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

BlueBMW

he can probably use a US TG16 power adapter....  the 220v transformer in the power supply with that unit probably outputs the same 9v DC as the US adapter.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Digi.k

more wii games arrived. RPG ones :P

/MEMO0020-1.jpg