OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Picked up a few goodies this week.

/MS5_FZ.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

BlueBMW

A repro cart of what I guess was a japan only fzero 2 for sfc.  I absolutely love fzero and never knew til a few years ago that a sequel existed on the sfc.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/15/2012, 04:11 PMA repro cart of what I guess was a japan only fzero 2 for sfc.  I absolutely love fzero and never knew til a few years ago that a sequel existed on the sfc.
Very cool.  The Gamecube F-Zero is about as good as it gets.  Is there a site that sells these, or did you find it on a forum:

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/15/2012, 04:11 PMA repro cart of what I guess was a japan only fzero 2 for sfc.
I've played F-Zero: Grand Prix 2. It came out on the Satellaview and is almost exactly like the original F-Zero, to the point where it could pass as a ROM hack.
IMG
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Mishran

Nice pickup on the MS5 cart, Beamer. Only Slug game I am missing. Hope you snatched it at a good price.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mishran on 09/15/2012, 08:33 PMNice pickup on the MS5 cart, Beamer. Only Slug game I am missing. Hope you snatched it at a good price.
I got the Fzero2 cart from bust3dstr8 and the slug 5 from kidpanda on neo for $75 shipped.  Dont know if its a good price or not.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/15/2012, 08:36 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 09/15/2012, 08:33 PMNice pickup on the MS5 cart, Beamer. Only Slug game I am missing. Hope you snatched it at a good price.
I got the Fzero2 cart from bust3dstr8 and the slug 5 from kidpanda on neo for $75 shipped.  Dont know if its a good price or not.
The Neo Geo MVS Price Guide lists Metal Slug 5 with a low of $60 and a high of $100.

RegalSin

1. That is not a repro, that is a homemade cart. somebody put together. A true repro, is a duplicate of the original.

2. I did encounter F-zero 2 on the net for the Super Famicom, It has a box and everything.

3. F-zero two just has slicker looking everything. One of the reasons why it was never released, in the west. The soundtrack is the biggest difference, and track sizes, I think.
Of course I can't think because I am Mameless. I am thinking about that, now........you know terms.

I love the N64 F-zero, it is just right, for a 3d game. The GCN got the shaft because they took out a feature, in the west version. I would play F-zero on Kal.
IMGIMG

Mathius

Quote from: RegalSin on 09/15/2012, 10:00 PM1. That is not a repro, that is a homemade cart. somebody put together. A true repro, is a duplicate of the original.
Huh? I was going to say your are comparing apples to oranges, but I just don't know now.  :?

FiftyQuid

Those Neo Geo carts always blow me away.  I have luggage that isn't that big.  :wink:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

DejahThoris

Quote from: RegalSin on 09/15/2012, 10:00 PMI love the N64 F-zero, it is just right, for a 3d game. The GCN got the shaft because they took out a feature, in the west version.
What feature was removed?

turboswimbz

I would say yesterday was an interestring day for recieving some items.
didn't buy anything yesterday technially, but got this all for free:
t-shirt
pizza
gatorade
chicken fingers
fries
coke

And got this in the mail:
Region mod and caps replaced PCE duo back from turboken.

Oh and I helped break a world record.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PikachuWarrior

Thrift Store:

Daytona USA Longbox (Sega Saturn) Complete: $3.00
Chase H.Q. (Gameboy) Cart only: $3.00
Radar Mission (Gameboy) Cart only: $3.00

Half Price Books:

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Gamecube) Complete: $2.00
SSX 3 (Gamecube) Complete: $2.00
SSX Tricky (Gamecube) Complete: $2.00

Goodwill:

GBA Link Cable: $1.50
Looks like this one: http://tinyurl.com/8crqv8l
IMG

Colossus1574

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 09/16/2012, 10:07 PMHalf Price Books:

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Gamecube) Complete: $2.00
SSX 3 (Gamecube) Complete: $2.00
SSX Tricky (Gamecube) Complete: $2.00

Goodwill:

GBA Link Cable: $1.50
Looks like this one: http://tinyurl.com/8crqv8l
Nice! i just got into the SSX games this last boarding season, borrowed SSX3 for ps2 off my cousin. Fun game, and very impressive graphics for it's time...it actually simulated the vertigo/high heights feeling very very well.

Mishran

Only SSX game I've ever played was on the N-Gage. :-"

It's actually a really good game for what it came out on. Very similar to the PSX Coolboarders games. I enjoyed whooping the game's ass too. :lol:

bartre

bought me a 2003 Ford Taurus yesterday, feeling all adulty.

Mishran

Just today came home with a '99 Toyota Celica GT Convertible

My first car with a speedometer that goes over 120mph. :lol:

turboswimbz

Quote from: Mishran on 09/17/2012, 08:04 PMJust today came home with a '99 Toyota Celica GT Convertible

Awesome, always wanted a Celica.  They are pretty damn neat.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

hoobs88

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/17/2012, 08:05 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 09/17/2012, 08:04 PMJust today came home with a '99 Toyota Celica GT Convertible

Awesome, always wanted a Celica.  They are pretty damn neat. 
I have a 2000 Celica GT-S. It's my favorite car that I have owned (with Chevy Cavalier Z24 as a close second).
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mishran

If I had done my research, I likely would have stayed away from a convertible. Celica 'verts are known for the rear side windows popping off the track, Found that out first hand. Doesn't appear to be the first time it has happened either as one of the guide rollers are broke. Can just imagine the cost to have that replaced. ](*,)

thesteve

my celi is a vert.
never had a window track issue, but the hydrolic cylinder on the right for the roof failed

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Alisia Dragoon (Genesis) Cart only: .30 cents
Fatal Labyrinth (Genesis) Cart only: .30 cents
Dungeons & Dragons (Genesis) Cart only: .30 cents

Alisia Dragoon is a surprisingly good game! 2D platformer with nice music. Made by Game Arts (Grandia series, etc).
IMG

Flare65

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 09/18/2012, 09:36 AMGoodwill:

Alisia Dragoon (Genesis) Cart only: .30 cents
Fatal Labyrinth (Genesis) Cart only: .30 cents
Dungeons & Dragons (Genesis) Cart only: .30 cents

Alisia Dragoon is a surprisingly good game! 2D platformer with nice music. Made by Game Arts (Grandia series, etc).
I've always liked that game too!  Can't beat the price you paid for it!

Mishran

/img0551cfp.jpg

Bought a reasonably priced copy of 2020 Super Baseball MVS cart off eBay. The copy on my multi-cart resets too often and I enjoy playing it so I figured I'd get the real thing. Well it came today and saw the above when I released it from it's shipping prison. It was wrapped in bubble wrap and inside a bubble mailer, so it must have gone through hell getting here. I was SO looking forward to actually finishing a game of futuristic ball on it too. :(

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mishran on 09/19/2012, 10:20 AM/img0551cfp.jpg

Bought a reasonably priced copy of 2020 Super Baseball MVS cart off eBay. The copy on my multi-cart resets too often and I enjoy playing it so I figured I'd get the real thing. Well it came today and saw the above when I released it from it's shipping prison. It was wrapped in bubble wrap and inside a bubble mailer, so it must have gone through hell getting here. I was SO looking forward to actually finishing a game of futuristic ball on it too. :(
Man, it looks like someone took a baseball bat to it.  I feel for ya... it's so disheartening when you open a package to find it damaged.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

BlueBMW

Other than the label, any reason why you cant swap it into another carts shell?  Did the boards sustain any damage?

PCEngineHell

Unless he got it for a few bucks, shouldn't matter. If the seller insured it he can file a claim and get the cash including shipping amount back. Usually as long as you submit good pics showing said damage on the claim online, itll get granted without USPS needing the item turned in. Otherwise, if you paid any kind of decent amount, and seller didn't insure and wont refund outright, I'd open a ebay dispute. Don't do a paypal one. If you do it through ebay instead of paypal, they will refund you if he doesn't have the funds in his account. They will probably want you to send it back to him though. If so, just do it via first class if the weight will allow. Slap it in the same shity mailer and send it back with del confirm only and submit the tracking info on the dispute.

Mishran

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/19/2012, 11:36 AMOther than the label, any reason why you cant swap it into another carts shell?  Did the boards sustain any damage?
I haven't messed with it any more than necessary. I contacted the seller and waiting for a response. I also haven't any spare cases to drop the boards in if they do work. I'm leaving it like I found it until I get word from the seller. The label also doesn't mean diddly to me after it's in my hands. I won't buy a game with a messed up label, but if I have to replace the label while in my posession, a piece of masking tape and marker writing will suffice.

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 09/19/2012, 11:55 AMUnless he got it for a few bucks, shouldn't matter. If the seller insured it he can file a claim and get the cash including shipping amount back. Usually as long as you submit good pics showing said damage on the claim online, itll get granted without USPS needing the item turned in. Otherwise, if you paid any kind of decent amount, and seller didn't insure and wont refund outright, I'd open a ebay dispute. Don't do a paypal one. If you do it through ebay instead of paypal, they will refund you if he doesn't have the funds in his account. They will probably want you to send it back to him though. If so, just do it via first class if the weight will allow. Slap it in the same shity mailer and send it back with del confirm only and submit the tracking info on the dispute.
I've never met a seller that insured their shit on eBay unless it is worth real money. Now they just paste the words AS IS, NO WARRANTY, NO REFUND, and NO RETURNS on their listings. Dicks. Though, this appears to be a different situation of its own. If I don't hear back from the seller, I'll file a claim. I'm hoping this guy is willing to work something out, as it appears he packed it up to survive the trip, but the trip was more dangerous than he expected. Never had something get damaged like this in the mail before.

Arkhan Asylum

Found boxed bible adventures DOS for 2 monies at goodwill.   They wrapped tape around the box to keep the contents from being stolen, so the box is jacked, but hey, 2$ for Jesusjive Adventures.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

I used to offer return on items i sold on ebay until a buyer basically screwed me with the return policy.  After he had said item for 12 days he asked for a refund.  When I talked to him on the phone, his reasoning was that he couldnt sell the item for more money so he wanted to return it.  I had no recourse as ebay 99.999% of the time favors the buyer.

You should have no problem winning out as the buyer.

Digi.k

just picked these up..

Muramasa still in shrink wrap and mario kart also brand new and going cheap !!

/P1010666_zps00ef4c4d.jpg

PikachuWarrior

Mario Kart Wii was good, but I didn't like how it gimped on modes from the GC version (my favorite), and the online was at a lower FPS which was strange.
IMG

CPU64

Hagane, Demon's Blazon and R-Type III, for SuperFamicom.
My birthday present to myself this year.
Hard to find any Turbo stuff around here... :(

tggodfrey

Not exactly Gaming but this is what i bought today.  In three weeks when it heals I can get it finished.

3899794535754.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3899794535754
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Bernie

I like!!!  Never seen anything like that.  Very nice looking ink Terry.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VenomMacbeth

I should probably quit mentioning my acquisitions in other threads before posting in here...

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

tggodfrey

The maltese crosses are Biker logo's.  CFL.......Choppers for life

Although most people associate the Iron cross with Germans its actually originated during 1219 and was approved by the kingdom of Jeruselam.
Games currently in play:

NecroPhile

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/20/2012, 06:04 PMThe maltese crosses are Biker logo's.  CFL.......Choppers for life
I know that, Terry.  'Twas just being a tool.  :mrgreen:

What's the ink on your right shoulder?  It almost looks like the Atomic Robo Kid's trying to make a bloody escape.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tggodfrey

Both are crosses.  One ison ethe surface and the other is under shredded skin.  Both of those are 10 years old so they are needing some fresh ink as well.
Games currently in play:

Flare65

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/20/2012, 05:09 PMNot exactly Gaming but this is what i bought today.  In three weeks when it heals I can get it finished.
3899794535754.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3899794535754
Crankshaft?

PikachuWarrior

the "spine" part looks a little too big for your body frame, imo
IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Bernie

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 09/20/2012, 11:36 PMthe "spine" part looks a little too big for your body frame, imo
Its not a spine...  Its a crankshaft.

Also, managed to snag Bomberman 93 off ebay for 59 bucks.

sirhcman

Quote from: Bernie on 09/21/2012, 09:29 AM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 09/20/2012, 11:36 PMthe "spine" part looks a little too big for your body frame, imo
Its not a spine...  Its a crankshaft.

Also, managed to snag Bomberman 93 off ebay for 59 bucks.
Bernie I was eyeing that copy on ebay.. Glad it didn't go to a reseller!

Mishran

Received some MVS carts in the mail!

Bought these in a lot off eBay...
     3 Count Bout
     Baseball Stars Professional (JP version)
     Fatal Fury - Can't get working, dead cart?
     King of the Monsters 2
     Mutation Nation
     Rage of the Dragons (Near Complete Kit!) - Constantly resets for some reason???
     Samurai Shodown
     World Heroes
Also received a set of Ninja Commando paperwork with the lot in the Rage of Dragons box.

Also received these in the mail today.
     King of Fighters 95
     King of Fighters 2002 w/ mini marquee

Joe Redifer

QuoteRage of the Dragons (Near Complete Kit!) - Constantly resets for some reason???
Possibly a bootleg.

Mishran

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/22/2012, 12:02 AM
QuoteRage of the Dragons (Near Complete Kit!) - Constantly resets for some reason???
Possibly a bootleg.
No, it contains authentic internals. Did some research and apparently...

"the only problem with the MV1 is that some of the newer games such as Rage of the Dragons have a bug which will cause them to constantly reset on the MV1 motherboard."

Quoted from here...

My cab contains an MV-1F board. Who really knows for sure though. Just wish I had a multi-slot board to test it on. Guess it's time to go shopping. :P

PCEngineHell

Yeah the first two 1-slot boards, the MV-1 and MV-1F, have issues with the later games like Rage of the Dragons. The 2 and 4 slots don't though, and the smaller newer 1-slot boards work fine. I have also come across some bootlegs that wont work on the first two 1-slots also.