@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

IMG

munchiaz

Opethian

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/21/2012, 01:06 AMXmas gift from my Mom

IMG
I also got this as a stocking stuffer! lol
IMG

turbokon

IMG
You mom still buy you games for Christmas present? Nice:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

munchiaz

Quote from: turbokon on 12/21/2012, 02:02 PM

IMG
You mom still buy you games for Christmas present? Nice:)
Indeed. i live out of state. She knows im a big gamer, so i usually just give her a list of things, or she just ask my brother or girlfriend if there is a game i want.

Opethian

IMG

SuperDeadite

Gonna convert that into a keytar and make another vid finally?
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

I just ordered Under Defeat myself.  Never played the original, it better live up to the hype!

munchiaz

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/21/2012, 08:58 PMI just ordered Under Defeat myself.  Never played the original, it better live up to the hype!
I just got done playing it a few hours ago. I really enjoy it so far. The mechanics make it very unique. I havent played a shmup like it before. You really depend on your option in this game, and there are many frantic moments where you want to shoot but you know you shouldn't because u have to charge up your option.

Also finding an option that you like is a lot of fun. On some stages i like the canon, and on other stages i like the rocket. So that makes the game play varied. Then there is the whole aiming mechanic that really makes you pay attention to how you are moving and shooting

JoshTurboTrollX

Strange Thrift shop score from today.

/img20121222170607.jpg

I don't currently have PSO for GC (Have the Xbox and DC versions) but wonder if this is useful for anything.  anybody looking for one of these?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 12/22/2012, 06:20 PMStrange Thrift shop score from today.

/img20121222170607.jpg

I don't currently have PSO for GC (Have the Xbox and DC versions) but wonder if this is useful for anything.  anybody looking for one of these?
I would film a few videos of you nonchalantly using that keyboard/surfboard with standard games. Don't crack a joke, play it straight.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Ha ha yeah that's what I would do.

Mishran

Found a Mysterious Song and bonus disc in the mailbox this morning! Just in time for Christmas. Thanks guys for this great game. =D>

Also picked me up a copy of Oblivion GOTY for 360 last night since my current Netbook isn't powerful enough to play my PC copy. I've missed that damn game.

Happy holidays everyone!

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 12/24/2012, 03:32 PMFound a Mysterious Song and bonus disc in the mailbox this morning! Just in time for Christmas. Thanks guys for this great game. =D>

Also picked me up a copy of Oblivion GOTY for 360 last night since my current Netbook isn't powerful enough to play my PC copy. I've missed that damn game.

Happy holidays everyone!
It's an XMAS miracle! IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mishran on 12/24/2012, 03:32 PMFound a Mysterious Song and bonus disc in the mailbox this morning! Just in time for Christmas. Thanks guys for this great game. =D>

Happy holidays everyone!
Damn!  Er... Congrats!  I had just asked NecroPhile who had won.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mishran

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 12/25/2012, 10:31 AM

Happy holidays everyone!
Damn!  Er... Congrats!  I had just asked NecroPhile who had won. 
This isn't the one NecroPhile is raffling off. I paid for this one. :P

chany60126

Not gaming related, but I picked up some goodies at a Japanese mart in my area:
IMG
Pictured below are the turbo games I received for Secret Santa and 2 NES games I bought at a local retro shop that I really wanted. :D
IMG

Opethian

sapporo fuck yea! didnt they have an Asahi!
IMG

PukeSter

I got these two fine SG-1000 games for Christmas today. :)

Star Jacker and Chackn'Pop

Plus 10 Virtual Boy games, Inlcluding Jack Bros!(Japanese version)

And a Donkey Kong II G&W.

Digi.k

ToiletKid

I went all PC-Engine this xmas...well not all but got 5 games that I ordered myself as a gift from my mom.

Hana Taka Daka (holy expensive)
Lost Sunheart
Toy Shop Boys
Die Hard
Iga Ningden etc (whatever it's called).

blueraven

macbook laptop screen. arrived. from china. installed in 20 minutes.

back online.

Opethian

IMG

Bernie

bob

Christmas Goodness...

/turbo/caddy.jpg

nectarsis

Secret Santa goodness (thanks again Ark) :)  Plus some odds and ends from early Christmas (family Christmas isn't until this weekend).

/DSCN3341_zps754c883a.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

Unseal the shit out of that Sonic Spike.   I was pretty excited to find that.   I almost ripped it open myself to smell the 1990s smell.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

I must have Cadillacs & Dinosaurs (Sega CD)...but I just looked for it. I guess it's still packed away somewhere.

I always thought that was a kool cover (like old sci fi mags).

chany60126

Nice haul nect! Now you can practice your skills for the next Sonic Spike World Championship. ;)

BlueBMW

First off, my secret santa goodies from JoshTurboTrollX-16/TurboStar....
/SS_Haul_zps6bd8626b.jpg

Then a big haul of X68000 stuffs....
/ZOMG4_zpsba344823.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bust3dstr8

Is that a Derp Blue coin purse?  :-k

/SS_Haul_zps6bd8626b.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2012, 12:27 PMJust got back from my trip to California. Visited Disney Land, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios. Had a Blast with the girlfriend. I also went to a few game shops in Anaheim and San Diego. Very disappointed in the turbo selection at these stores. Each Store had about 6 games. All common, and most loose, and over priced. But Here is what i managed to pick up during my vacation
Quote from: guest on 12/15/2012, 03:07 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2012, 12:27 PMI also went to a few game shops in Anaheim and San Diego. Very disappointed in the turbo selection at these stores. Each Store had about 6 games. All common, and most loose, and over priced.
I understand your disappointment, but this is the way it's always been on the TG secondary market.
It's too bad that you didn't know about these two stores that I just discovered earlier today in the Los Angeles/San Diego area.

tggodfrey

Few mags I picked up cheap on ebay (20.00 for all).  Secret santa gifts, and a DH I managed to get my hands on.

/155884_4289889567886_2040816564_n.jpg
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Opethian

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/26/2012, 11:20 PMFirst off, my secret santa goodies from JoshuaTurbo/TurboStar....
/SS_Haul_zps6bd8626b.jpg

Then a big haul of X68000 stuffs....
/ZOMG4_zpsba344823.jpg
Ultra mega hauly shore combo!!!!!!!!
IMG

SuperDeadite

Now get a trackball and 24khz monitor and play Marble Madness in style!
Oh and little known secret about Marchen Maze, it has two soundtracks, FM, and pure PCM.
If you boot the game the normal way you get the FM, if you swap the disks (A in 1 B in 0) it will boot up with the slightly experimental PCM soundtrack (there's a text file explaining this on disk, the music guy was just fucking around lol)

VenomMacbeth

Oh man I want an X68000 so bad...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 12/27/2012, 01:24 AMIs that a Derp Blue coin purse?  :-k
It's actually a Derp Blue 2 HuCookie!  OMG Rarez, worth big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ make an offer.  ;)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

Beamer is the man, that lot is awesome.

Going down the list I was going to say "game X and Y and Z are awesome," but by the time I got to the bottom of the pictures there were so many great games I forgot the list.

NecroPhile

Got a stack of goodies in the mail yesterday for $323 shipped:

2 in 1 PC-GAME (booty huey)
5 in 1 PC-GAME (booty huey)
Ane-San
Asuka 120%
Bomberman '93
Bomberman '94
Bravoman
Cadash
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Daisenpu Custom
Doraemon - Meikyu Daisakusen
Doukyusei
Downtown Nekketsu Soreyuke Daiundoukai
Flash Hiders
Gain Ground SX
Genji Tsushin Agedama
Genocide
God Panic
Horror Story
Kiki Kaikai
Kabuki Itouryodan
Mad Stalker
Mashin Eiyuden Wataru
Megami Paradise
PC Genjin 2
Rabio Lepus Special
Ranma 1/2 - Toraware no Hanayome
Sailor Moon
Space Adventure Cobra
Space Invaders - The Original Game
Super Real Mahjong P II & III
Tatsunoko Fighter
Tenchi O Kurau
Wonder Momo!
World Beach Volleyball
World Jockey
Youkai Dochuki

Not too shabby at an average shipped price of $8.73 each, and not too many dupes for me either.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

Ane-San can be kind of tough at first, but its easily worth a play through or two.

VestCunt

I love Space Invaders and the ACD exclusives are always nice.
Topic Adjourned.

TheClash603

Gain Ground is a lot of fun too.  Good lot for sure.

chany60126

That's quite a haul BMW. That XPD controller looks pretty cool with the 2 D-pads. It kind of reminds me of the Virtual Boy. Can you play games left handed with that pad?

BlueBMW

Quote from: chany60126 on 12/29/2012, 03:05 PMThat's quite a haul BMW. That XPD controller looks pretty cool with the 2 D-pads. It kind of reminds me of the Virtual Boy. Can you play games left handed with that pad?
I'm really not sure... apparently some games are set up to use it as a double d pad controller.  I'll have to check it out.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

The dual D-pad controller came with Little Rabble which requires it.  It is also supported by Crazy Climber I and II.  That's it AFAIK.

Ninja Spirit

Pickups from the infamous "Video Games New York" in New York City
/736289_4970457821258_1439054420_o.jpg

chany60126

Nice AES! Nam is one of my top 5 AES games. :mrgreen:

munchiaz