10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retroguy

https://www.youtube.com/user/SlimKirby/videos?view=1&flow=grid

I watch a lot of Let's Plays and Slimkirby is one of the only people I come back to repeatedly. I like his breezy, conversational style and the fact that he completes games 100 percent so you can see everything. If you like LPs, you should give him a look. Brickroadbrickroad is another good LPer, though he focuses more on being funny (and he is).
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Otaking

GAME CHASERS!!!!!! IMO best thing on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

bartre

Top 50 Worst Video Game Voices - Face Acting 1

SuperPlay

mac

Saturn week on Classic Game Room :)

SuperDeadite

Y2, fantastic doujin shooter for the X68000.  Sadly this is one of the games where the copy protection has never been broken, hence only original floppies work, making it quite rare game.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/09/2013, 08:28 PMY2, fantastic doujin shooter for the X68000.  Sadly this is one of the games where the copy protection has never been broken, hence only original floppies work, making it quite rare game.
HELL YES.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 04/09/2013, 10:15 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/09/2013, 08:28 PMY2, fantastic doujin shooter for the X68000.  Sadly this is one of the games where the copy protection has never been broken, hence only original floppies work, making it quite rare game.
HELL YES.
It's like a cross between R-Type and Image Fight. The music and "visuals" (  :-" ) are very nice. :)

TR0N

Space Invaders:Fukkatsu no Hi Review-Bullet Heaven,Episode 68
IMG

Bardoly

So, when is this game going to be ported to the PC Engine?   :-"

TR0N

Magical Chase REVIEW-Bullet Heaven,Episode 69
IMG

TR0N

Talkboy Exended Commercial
wtf  :shock: :shock: :shock:
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 04/20/2013, 07:22 AMTalkboy Exended Commercial
wtf  :shock: :shock: :shock:
That was fantastic. I took the entire ride, if you know what I mean. Awesome.

bartre

munchiaz

TR0N

LGR-Mario Teaches Typing DOS PC Game review
IMG

soop

Possibly the best thing ever?
A cat dressed as a shark, chasing a duckling on a robotic vacuum cleaner
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Mathius

A Load of Amiga Arcade Ports (inc. Super Street Fighter II, Castlevania, and more!) -
An excellent vid of Amiga arcade ports.

Joe Redifer

Well the big man hasn't posted this anywhere on the site yet so here y'all go!

Aaron Nanto's Retro Gaming Minute Episode 1

NecroPhile

Heh, those are too cute.  Do they make little Turbobs, PCEs, and PC-FXs too?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2013, 03:47 PMHeh, those are too cute.  Do they make little Turbobs, PCEs, and PC-FXs too?
I've looked but no luck.

But here are some links

http://ghostynet.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/japanese-console-history-in-tiny-plastic-capsules/
http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/5614/article/miniature-game-consoles-for-miniature-hands/

We need to get a hold of a 3D printer and start making OBey stuff!! YAY Collecting!!!

TR0N

IMG

munchiaz

not really watching but.

that pause and then crescendo at 1:33 is just so amazing

SuperDeadite

Eternal World for X68000.  A 4-player split-screen Dragon Quest clone on a 16-bit computer.  Yes, seriously, nifty stuff.

TR0N

My Life With Sega-Star Trek Genesis
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/07/2013, 08:16 AMEternal World for X68000.  A 4-player split-screen Dragon Quest clone on a 16-bit computer.  Yes, seriously, nifty stuff.
IMG "WTFUDGE? That's intriguing."

JoshTurboTrollX

Captain EO-
For those wondering, yes- Disneyland does have this back again.  We took the kids this past December and we all got to erm- experience this Michael Jackson short film.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

David Bowie's Space Oddity, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station:

SuperDeadite

Gikadiver, very obscure, and totally awesome caravan shootie.

jeffhlewis

Sega SST band rocking your shit:
Space Harrier:
Galaxy Force (dat BASS):
And not to be outdone - Zuntata rocking your shit:
Ninja Warriors:
Darius:

roflmao

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/13/2013, 10:18 PMSega SST band rocking your shit:
Space Harrier:
Galaxy Force (dat BASS):
And not to be outdone - Zuntata rocking your shit:
Ninja Warriors:
Darius:
All of these videos are awesome.

'nuff said.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 05/13/2013, 09:25 AMDavid Bowie's Space Oddity, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station:
I seen that one on the news i wonder if david bowie himself has seen it.
IMG

TR0N

Game Center CX-124 Metal Storm  =D>
IMG

SuperDeadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/13/2013, 10:15 AMGikadiver, very obscure, and totally awesome caravan shootie.
I'm just repeating my comment on YouTube: "I am quite pleased with this! This is the perfect soundtrack for a rainy day in New Jersey. Also, it pains my heart to know that there are so many shoot-em-ups that I have yet to play! Perhaps this is a good thing: something to look forward to. Ha!"

FURTHER THOUGHTS: This music is really BEGGING to be an .mp3! I don't want you to avoid me because I nag you so much, but instead of sleeping tonight...I'm only 85% joking! DON'T SLEEP. MAKE ME .mp3's instead. OK, I was 95% joking with that one. :pcgs:

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/19/2013, 12:11 AMAngel Dive for X68000
I'll have to watch these before I can comment anything substantial, but THANKS for posting. :pcgs:

Angel Dive = :pcgs:

UPDATE: My kids are listening to all of these tunes, pumped through a stereo. THEY HAVE NO CHOICE, until my wife wakes up and forces me to turn it off. Ha! :pcgs:

SuperDeadite

Yeah I'll do it at some point.  FM tunes I need to switch to my analog recording setup, MIDI mp3s I stick to pure digital.  And I'm quite lazy.  I tend to go through phases if you haven't figured it out yet :P

JoshTurboTrollX

Opening scene of a film that I've helped with.  Also link to a *gulp* kickstarter campaign.  ;)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/28/2013, 02:23 PM
Opening scene of a film that I've helped with.  Also link to a *gulp* kickstarter campaign.  ;)
Ha! I was in the mood for Gymkata and this film had a moment (the chase scene in the narrow alley) that briefly reminded me of Gymkata.

I liked the backpack/handcuff horseplay.  :pcgs:

TR0N

Game Over Man Video Games in Movies
IMG

SuperPlay

Microsoft Surface promotion / Ghost in the Shell anime short

SuperDeadite

CD-Audio patch for X68000 Space Harrier.  It's programed for the Sega Game Music Vol.1 CD.  Giving you the real arcade soundtrack in high quality CD audio.  Of course you can make your own custom mix too.  This was a fan made patch, quite nifty considering Sharp never supported CD-ROM drives for this computer.

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/08/2013, 11:46 AMCD-Audio patch for X68000 Space Harrier.  It's programed for the Sega Game Music Vol.1 CD.  Giving you the real arcade soundtrack in high quality CD audio.  Of course you can make your own custom mix too.  This was a fan made patch, quite nifty considering Sharp never supported CD-ROM drives for this computer.
CD track access time was swift and impressive.

I ate lunch whilst watching the video: I have the same question here that I asked on YouTube...did the arcade version have awesome SFX (like the PCE port) accompanying the waves of "Dodecahedron" (metallic spheres)? I love the SFX in Space Harrier (they add so much to the overall soundscape of the SH universe) and I miss the dodecahedron sound in stages 4,9, etc when the "ceiling closes in" and things get HECTIC.   :pcgs:

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 06/03/2013, 07:27 AMGame Over Man Video Games in Movies
I was surprised I recognized as many movies as I did.

"You're a real Video Freak!"

Joe Redifer

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/08/2013, 11:46 AMCD-Audio patch for X68000 Space Harrier.
Looks like NEC Avenue looked at this version instead of the arcade when they ported it over. It's hard to tell because the guy's TV is like 5 inches big and 20 feet away but the floor looks similar.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/08/2013, 03:40 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/08/2013, 11:46 AMCD-Audio patch for X68000 Space Harrier.
Looks like NEC Avenue looked at this version instead of the arcade when they ported it over. It's hard to tell because the guy's TV is like 5 inches big and 20 feet away but the floor looks similar.
Yes, I noticed that, too. Definitely no checkerboard. IMG

TR0N

Kingdom Grand Prix Review-Bullet Heaven,Episode 73
IMG

roflmao

Pat the NES Punk – Flintstones: The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak
http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=10919

I don't normally watch stuff like this, but this episode was really good.

EDIT:  I just wanted to mention that it's worth watching to the end.  I don't really know where he's going (had kind of a dramatic/cliffhanger ending) but I empathize with his message.  Retro collecting has become the next Beanie Babies/Pokemon/gotta get 'em all obsession for a ton of people and the spirit is being lost.

TR0N

My Life With Sega-Ghostbusters SMS
IMG

TR0N

IMG