The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffhlewis

Wildfruit - it's the "Asia" release which I assume is Korea, Thailand, Singapore, et al. Chris threw it in with the Mega Drive as a freebie because he's cool like that. Go buy his stuff! http://www.windygaming.com/

Mati - the magic number is 600 pixels wide. I always try to process images before I upload 'em here because I hate the scrollies

Opethian

ah I remember a time when you didn't have to worry about pixel width on embedded images...
IMG

InfraMan

Quote from: galam on 04/17/2014, 11:28 PM
Quote from: InfraMan on 04/17/2014, 11:12 PMTiny Blanka is teh cool!  :mrgreen:
Yeah, one of those deals where you don't know which one you are going to get.  It was a $5 crap shoot.
Neat, I love those... tiny Vega is especially cool!

HailingTheThings

IMG

PunkCryborg

My wife got me this. It's the Japanese version, not sure if there's any differences. I haven't played this since I was a kid on my super game boy late at night with the lights off. This game freaked me out when the Metroids pop out of nowhere with their creepy music. Great game, can't wait to play it again!
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/20/2014, 10:10 AMMy wife got me this. It's the Japanese version, not sure if there's any differences. I haven't played this since I was a kid on my super game boy late at night with the lights off. This game freaked me out when the Metroids pop out of nowhere with their creepy music. Great game, can't wait to play it again!
IMG
Nice, it's a classic.
--DragonmasterDan

MrFlutterPie

Man I love Metriod 2.  I had 1 and 2 as a kid and I always preferred 2 for the Gameboy.

DragonmasterDan

Here's some recent pick-ups.

Mostly modern stuff but some older stuff in there as well.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

^^ GnG on the SMS. Nice! I've been looking for that one for a while.

D-Dan, what Famicom games are those?

Opethian

one looks like a dragon quest game
not sure on the left tho
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 04/20/2014, 09:32 PMone looks like a dragon quest game
not sure on the left tho
That's what I was thinking too. It looked real Dragon Quest-y

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 04/20/2014, 09:33 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 04/20/2014, 09:32 PMone looks like a dragon quest game
not sure on the left tho
That's what I was thinking too. It looked real Dragon Quest-y
To the left it's fire emblem.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

Correct, Dragon Quest 1 and Fire Emblem.
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

Some stuffs.... Xbox stuff is really sinking in price now that xbone  is here:

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

snagged a couple cheapie loose Hueys from MGC!
IMG

NES loose carts:
IMG

Easily the pick up/score of the year for me!  Never will this gem leave my side (*Checks coat pockets....*  Ahhh, still there!  ;)    )  Thank you BlueBMW!!
IMG

Got a Jaguar, kind of need this one:
IMG

This was waiting for me in the mail when I returned home:
IMG

Sweet little thrift store find for $10 this past weekend.  GB works pretty well too!  (Missing the faceplate... :(  )
IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

munchiaz

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/20/2014, 09:10 PMHere's some recent pick-ups.

IMG
have you tried White Knight chronicles yet. Ive always been on the fence about that game

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/22/2014, 12:20 PM

IMG
have you tried White Knight chronicles yet. Ive always been on the fence about that game
Played a little ways into it. Hasn't captured my attention much. I'm generally a fan of Level 5s other stuff though.
--DragonmasterDan

munchiaz

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/22/2014, 04:31 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 04/22/2014, 12:20 PM

IMG
Played a little ways into it. Hasn't captured my attention much. I'm generally a fan of Level 5s other stuff though.
yeah, im a big level 5 fan. i really hope Yo-kai watch gets brought over stateside

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nulltard on 04/22/2014, 11:02 AMNice Tempest2k, josh!!!  Beyond shadowgate < T2K

I scored some PS2 goodies as well as the best OBEY artwork of all time ever from one of our very own forum members.  Thanks xcrement5x!!!
xelelol_s.jpg
In my defense, this piece of artwork was specifically requested :P

Quotetell you what... throw in a dime bag of your finest cheeba and your best drawing of Richard Simmons and I'll just PayPal you ... ok, forget the dime. ... I still want the Richards Simmons drawing though.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 11:02 AMNice Tempest2k, josh!!!  Beyond shadowgate < T2K

I scored some PS2 goodies as well as the best OBEY artwork of all time ever from one of our very own forum members.  Thanks xcrement5x!!!

xelelol_s.jpg
That picture looks funny.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2014, 11:02 AMI scored some PS2 goodies as well as the best OBEY artwork of all time ever from one of our very own forum members.  Thanks xcrement5x!!!
xelelol_s.jpg
Richard Simmons. Trü storie.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SmaMan

Speaking of Bonk, after being a TG16/PCE gamer for a year, I finally got it!
IMG
I also got Gaiares for the Mega Drive, as seen on top of the TV. Cool thing is it's one of those carts that will play in English if you put it in a US console. (Thank you Game Genie.)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

xcrement5x

Nice Bonk!

I grabbed some random stuff this week, no pictures though since I've been a bit busy:

5 GBA Manuals off CL: Zone of Enders, Zelda LttP, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and Mario Advance 2

My local Toys R Us is having a spring clearance sale so I dug around and got:
5x Wii U Hori Screen Protectors
Wii U Cradle
PSP Vita Cradle
Wipeout 2048 [VITA]
3x Kinectimals bundle with a FAO Schwarz Bear
2x PS3 Sharp Shooter Accessory gun things for the Move
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: SmaMan on 04/23/2014, 10:30 AMSpeaking of Bonk, after being a TG16/PCE gamer for a year, I finally got it!

I also got Gaiares for the Mega Drive, as seen on top of the TV. Cool thing is it's one of those carts that will play in English if you put it in a US console. (Thank you Game Genie.)
Two awesome games SmaMan! I wish I had the JP Gaiares instead of the US version with the stupid artwork
IMG

Nando

NessFreaK

My copy of Nightmare Busters finally came today :D

20140423_163513.jpg

jeffhlewis

Quote from: NessFreaK on 04/23/2014, 03:39 PMMy copy of Nightmare Busters finally came today :D
20140423_163513.jpg
Finally got to play that at MGC this year...holy balls is that game hard. The art is badass though.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NessFreaK on 04/23/2014, 03:39 PMMy copy of Nightmare Busters finally came today :D
20140423_163513.jpg
Nice!  Were you in the first 1200 batch of preorders or later?  I just emailed Brandon last week about them having my money for almost 6 months with nothing yet, when the confirmation email said "a couple months".

NessFreaK

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2014, 03:52 PM
Nice!  Were you in the first 1200 batch of preorders or later?  I just emailed Brandon last week about them having my money for almost 6 months with nothing yet, when the confirmation email said "a couple months".
I was a pre-order, I was either late in the first batch or early in second... I can't really remember -.-

Hope you get it soon! :D

Mathius

^^ Like Jeff said. It's stupid hard. And quite beautiful as well. I wouldn't mind having a copy.

SmaMan

Quote from: Nando on 04/23/2014, 12:59 PMIMG
Yep, nothin' like naked chicks and spaceships to get you ready to shoot your probe into things.  8)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 04/23/2014, 08:59 PM^^ Like Jeff said. It's stupid hard. And quite beautiful as well. I wouldn't mind having a copy.
Your wish is my command:
http://www.nightmarebusters.com/

Just be prepared to wait awhile for shipment, like I said it's been 6 months since I paid and I'm still waiting.  SuperFighterTeam has delays on the scale of Working Designs, but they have always seemed to get their product out the door.

bob

NessFreaK

This has been a great week for pick-ups. My Neo XYZ and Gunlord came today :D

/neo.jpg

xcrement5x

Swung by the local game shop today and I traded one of my Kinectimals bundles for some store credit and picked up some stuff from their cheapos bin. 
I got:
4x SNES sports games which can be used for repros/translation hacks
Buster Douglas Boxing
Dark Sector

Plus at the media store I grabbed Wario Land 3 and Kirby Tilty Tumble

MrFlutterPie

IMG

I got my childhood game gear back from Kieth a little while ago recapped and working great! 

As a teen I tired to trade it in but because the caps were bad it had no audio so the store wouldn't take it.  It was because of this defeat that it was saved.  For some reason I hung on to it all these years.  I finally got off my butt and got it all fixed up.  I'm so happy to have saved a small piece of my childhood :)

sirhcman

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/24/2014, 11:21 PMI got my childhood game gear back from Kieth a little while ago recapped and working great! 
Awesome! I still have mine as well.. needs new caps for audio and video unfortunately. Its a shame the game gear had such a shitty screen, basically the only thing holding it back from being a great portable system in my mind. It has a very good library of games of which are still affordable!

MrFlutterPie

Yeah the screen is very poor.  I find it better if you play in low light.  I used to stay up as a kid after my mom put me to bed playing my Game Gear because it had a back light so I could see in the dark.  I was so impressed with the back light as a kid lol.

VestCunt

I had a GG with Master Gear Converter for some years and sadly let it go because the screen sucks so bad. Recently picked up the At Games SMS/GG 30-in-1 and was presently surprised. Controls are flimsy, but if you're looking for portable SMS goodness with decent screen, it's well worth the $20-30 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsega+master+portable&_nkw=sega+master+portable&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Topic Adjourned.

xcrement5x

Quote from: VestCunt on 04/25/2014, 03:39 AMI had a GG with Master Gear Converter for some years and sadly let it go because the screen sucks so bad. Recently picked up the At Games SMS/GG 30-in-1 and was presently surprised. Controls are flimsy, but if you're looking for portable SMS goodness with decent screen, it's well worth the $20-30 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsega+master+portable&_nkw=sega+master+portable&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Does that have a cartridge slot?

VestCunt

Unfortunately, no. But it has an AV output and the game selection isn't bad. Puzzles, shooters, Alex Kidd, Fantasy Zone, run and guns, and most of the Sonic games that didn't make it to the SMS. My only gripe is no Shinobi, no Outrun, and, obviously, no third-party games. The lack of a battery backup prevented them from adding any real RPGs, but Dragon Crystal and Hi-Tech World kind of fill the void.
Topic Adjourned.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2014, 05:04 PMUnfortunately, no. But it has an AV output and the game selection isn't bad. Puzzles, shooters, Alex Kidd, Fantasy Zone, run and guns, and most of the Sonic games that didn't make it to the SMS. My only gripe is no Shinobi, no Outrun, and, obviously, no third-party games. The lack of a battery backup prevented them from adding any real RPGs, but Dragon Crystal and Hi-Tech World kind of fill the void.
The only void Hi-Tech World should be filling is a landfill. :lol:
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

bob

I have never seen or heard of either of these PS1 games, so for $5 each, I grabbed them.

/spider.jpg

Also picked up Lords of Thunder and Bravoman on the bays.

InfraMan

Blazing Dragons is short and easy, but it's a fun playthrough.

TheClash603

Quote from: InfraMan on 04/27/2014, 01:09 PMBlazing Dragons is short and easy, but it's a fun playthrough.
I will agree with that, you should give the game a play.  I have it on Saturn and I do remember some sound clips loading obnoxiously slow, otherwise it was quite enjoyable.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/27/2014, 02:10 PM
Quote from: InfraMan on 04/27/2014, 01:09 PMBlazing Dragons is short and easy, but it's a fun playthrough.
I will agree with that, you should give the game a play.  I have it on Saturn and I do remember some sound clips loading obnoxiously slow, otherwise it was quite enjoyable.
I think that game was voiced by some of the Monty Pythons.

InfraMan

Quote from: Mathius on 04/27/2014, 03:21 PMI think that game was voiced by some of the Monty Pythons.
Indeed it was. Well, one anyway...

IMG

BlueBMW

I enjoyed blazing dragons.  Definitely worth a playthrough.  Some of the humor is a little iffy but hey whatever :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

Come across the DiscWorld games for PS1, grab em.  :)

SuperDeadite

Finally managed to get a complete copy of Cameltry.  Besides being an amazing port of the arcade game with some extra features, every copy included an unusual contraption which turns the mouse into an analog spinner.  Simple but works very well for this game, as well as other analog 2 axis games like Arkanoid 2 and Metal Orange EX.

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite