OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

Finally after many years I finally have this piece of shit.  :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Psycho Punch

A video of it is in the works?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SuperDeadite

Possibly, it's basically the SegaCD version, though in 32bit color, has a lot more background detail as well.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/20/2014, 08:04 AMFinally after many years I finally have this piece of shit.  :)

IMG
That cover art is kool, but I fear that's the most enjoyment you'll derive from it.

I want more videos/tunes from you, though.  :pcgs: Sorry to be so frank.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 07/16/2014, 10:37 PMSplurged on a speaker upgrade for obeystation_null.

http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.php?brand=1&type=1&spkrID=124

IMG

w00t
I finally caved and upgraded from my TV's speakers, to some surround sound.  I am hardly an audiophile, so spending what I spent was already tough for me...  All of the forums basically claim you need to spend $5k just to have something that isn't junk, but I can't do that!

Anyway, this is what I picked up:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DN1040-7-2-Channel-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00CAAJDP6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405919614&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+receiver

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Home-Theater-Systems/Speaker-Packages/SP-PK52FS

MrFulci

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/21/2014, 01:17 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/16/2014, 10:37 PMSplurged on a speaker upgrade for obeystation_null.

http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.php?brand=1&type=1&spkrID=124

IMG

w00t
I finally caved and upgraded from my TV's speakers, to some surround sound.  I am hardly an audiophile, so spending what I spent was already tough for me...  All of the forums basically claim you need to spend $5k just to have something that isn't junk, but I can't do that!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DN1040-7-2-Channel-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00CAAJDP6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405919614&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+receiver

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Home-Theater-Systems/Speaker-Packages/SP-PK52FS
Those speakers (The Pioneers), at least the towers, were reviewed very well, even back in January of 2013.

Here is an article where the tower speakers were listed as part of a, "Best of 2013" list. Just scroll down a bit. - http://hometheaterreview.com/home-theater-reviews-best-of-2013-awards/
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

NecroPhile

Even though I don't even own a Vita yet, I snagged a copy of Ys: Memories of Celceta - Silver Anniversary Edition. 

P.S. - Sorry NW, but I can't resist Falcom and at least it was a used copy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SmaMan

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/20/2014, 12:15 AM
Quote from: SmaMan on 07/19/2014, 11:25 PMMusic CDs
Soul Coughing - El Oso
That takes me back.
Me too! That's why I bought it for $2. Except I grew up with the Flintstones version of the music video.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

VestCunt

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/21/2014, 01:17 AMI finally caved and upgraded from my TV's speakers, to some surround sound.  I am hardly an audiophile, so spending what I spent was already tough for me...  All of the forums basically claim you need to spend $5k just to have something that isn't junk, but I can't do that!

Nice, Clash. That system will be great. Home-theater enthusiasts on the internet don't know what they're talking about. They love to talk about "fidelity" on one hand while filling their dens with wireless blue-tooth garbage, overpowering subwoofers, and hyped, tinny sound bars on the other; all while EQ'ing the shit out of their receiver.

Surround sound systems don't need fidelity, they need to sound dramatic and immersive. As long as there's a clean, digital feed for the audio, non-blown tweeters, and room that can accommodate proper speaker placement, anything will do. I run L-R Fisher boxes from the Eighties, a $200 Aiwa receiver from 2001, and a three-piece rear/center kit I bought from Radio Shack for $50. No sub, but the mains have 8' woofers. Sounds just tits.
Topic Adjourned.

munchiaz

Quote from: SmaMan on 07/21/2014, 12:14 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/20/2014, 12:15 AM
Quote from: SmaMan on 07/19/2014, 11:25 PMMusic CDs
Soul Coughing - El Oso
That takes me back.
Me too! That's why I bought it for $2. Except I grew up with the Flintstones version of the music video.
These videos were great back in the day.

Heres another one

Mathius

Damn! lost my bookmark on this thread again. Can everyone please send me their recent pickups just so I don't feel so out of the loop?

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2014, 07:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/21/2014, 05:40 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/21/2014, 01:17 AMI finally caved and upgraded from my TV's speakers, to some surround sound.  I am hardly an audiophile, so spending what I spent was already tough for me...  All of the forums basically claim you need to spend $5k just to have something that isn't junk, but I can't do that!

Nice, Clash. That system will be great. Home-theater enthusiasts on the internet don't know what they're talking about. They love to talk about "fidelity" on one hand while filling their dens with wireless blue-tooth garbage, overpowering subwoofers, and hyped, tinny sound bars on the other; all while EQ'ing the shit out of their receiver.

Surround sound systems don't need fidelity, they need to sound dramatic and immersive. As long as there's a clean, digital feed for the audio, non-blown tweeters, and room that can accommodate proper speaker placement, anything will do. I run L-R Fisher boxes from the Eighties, a $200 Aiwa receiver from 2001, and a three-piece rear/center kit I bought from Radio Shack for $50. No sub, but the mains have 8' woofers. Sounds just tits.
vestcunt is right. It doesn't take a fortune to make a nice sounding system.

I will however tender the headroom argument in favor of having lots of power and big speakers.  It is nice when watching a movie to have the dynamic range where dialog is loud enough to be heard without being fatiguing,  but explosions to kick in with authority. A properly calibrated system (spl meter, test tones, and parametric eq) won't be overpowered by subwoofers, but when called upon they will be able to bark with authority. It takes a lot to reproduce the 20-30 Hz range without muddying, distorting, or making other butt-like noises.
Throw sherlock holmes in there and tell me how it sounds.  :lol:

TheClash603

Quote from: galam on 07/21/2014, 07:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/21/2014, 07:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/21/2014, 05:40 PM

vestcunt is right. It doesn't take a fortune to make a nice sounding system.

I will however tender the headroom argument in favor of having lots of power and big speakers.  It is nice when watching a movie to have the dynamic range where dialog is loud enough to be heard without being fatiguing,  but explosions to kick in with authority. A properly calibrated system (spl meter, test tones, and parametric eq) won't be overpowered by subwoofers, but when called upon they will be able to bark with authority. It takes a lot to reproduce the 20-30 Hz range without muddying, distorting, or making other butt-like noises.
Throw sherlock holmes in there and tell me how it sounds.  :lol:
I finally set up everything and watched the new Evil Dead to see how it sounded.  I definitely am very happy with the speakers, but as a guy that has always just used TV sound, I honestly am not an expert!  I am excited to play some XB1/PS4 with it set up, as I am sure I will see a huge difference there.  I read online that speaks need to be "broken in" before they sound as intended, which can take some time.  Is this true?

One thing I noticed when looking at my Blu-rays is that very few movies are in 7.1 sound, almost all of them just have the 5.1 track.  Dredd was the only movie I had with 7.1 advertised out of the stack I was looking at.  The other thing I noticed is that I can only turn the sound up to about 20, out of what I assume is 50, because I live in an apartment building with shitty neighbors.  The real victim is the sub-woofer, which I literally have set to 1 out of 10 (it has its own power/volume), because my downstairs neighbor will come up to my place with his Nam flashbacks (already happened when I tried playing Rock Band drums in the living room).

I was at my gf's uncle's house and he has these giant speakers from the 1950s-1970s that he pulls out of the garbage and they sound really good.  The one he showed me he said he paid $3 at a garage sale and it is a $1k speaker.  He claims anything made after the 70s is crap, which further made me believe that most sound guys just are opinionated and don't actually know anything.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2014, 11:15 AMEven though I don't even own a Vita yet, I snagged a copy of Ys: Memories of Celceta - Silver Anniversary Edition. 

P.S. - Sorry NW, but I can't resist Falcom and at least it was a used copy.
Heh, I might've missed this comment, hadn't looked in here in a while. ;)

Well, I understand, it's a conflicted rock and a hard place for me as well, still being a big Ys fan, but yet willing to totally pass up new releases on anything because of knowing the guy that works at XSEED who translated these new Ys games, and how the fan translations were "acquired" from the "other guy" that I mistakenly used to work with for the older Ys games... I don't quite know how to get justice in this situation exactly and so it goes on, remaining unresolved... Ya know, it's a no brainer, but it really pays to be wealthy in life to take care of shit like this right when it happens so you can get immediate closure of some kind on it.

Anyway, Falcom already got their license fees paid from these X.X.XSEED a$$holes even if only one US copy sold of whatever licensed game, so... I don't and will never have the influence that I would really love to have to wage an effective PR war to get them to reverse their decision, but I will do what I can (Ken Berry almost cooperated with me on the 2nd phone call when I presented my case, but then totally flipped on the last call and decided after more consultation with B.J.DeuceBag and Lipschultz/Wyrdwad that I could simply be ignored, and basically gave me the old "tough, too bad, get lost!," approach etc. Tried bullshitting me with "spin," selective logic, and denial, etc.!)...

Nec.Game.head

lately I've been hunting down Sony PVM monitors. These are the ones I've obtained over the past 2 months. Three 2950Q's three 20M4U's and and last but not least a BVM D20F1U .. These have all came in very handy lately for the retro gaming meet ups that I host at my place.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

HailingTheThings

IMG

Nec.Game.head

Unbelievable scanlines !! Lol just getting the hang of taking pics of CRT's correctly !!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Joe Redifer

Wow. I hope you're not entered in the PVM giveaway raffle! If you are you should be disqualified you have plenty of awesomeness!

PunkCryborg

Nice PVM collection, I too am a PVM hoarder. I can't help it I see one on CL and next thing I know I am knocking on the back door of a endoscopy clinic to buy their old monitors

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/23/2014, 06:20 PMNice PVM collection, I too am a PVM hoarder. I can't help it I see one on CL and next thing I know I am knocking on the back door of a endoscopy clinic to buy their old monitors
So that's what they used these things for.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Mathius on 07/23/2014, 08:14 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/23/2014, 06:20 PMNice PVM collection, I too am a PVM hoarder. I can't help it I see one on CL and next thing I know I am knocking on the back door of a endoscopy clinic to buy their old monitors
So that's what they used these things for.
I think this PVM has some colon burn in on it

Medic_wheat

At one point that was my original idea. To have a bank of PVMs made to look like a security monitor room. Since they are very stackable (not sure how the heat and venting would be affected). That may have to be put on hold until I have a house lol....

Yes from my understanding these are used primarily for medical imaging. I don't know if PVMs or bums are still being produced mind you.

VenomMacbeth

In the past couple weeks, I've bought:

Silent Debuggers loosie (thanks again hoobs!)
Splatterhouse PCE CIB
Midnight Resistance CIB
and Thunder Force V, Saturn version!  My local game store got a bunch of import saturn titles including Battle Garrega, Stellar Assault SS, and Blast Wind, but TFV was all I could afford.  I was gonna get a copy of Assault Suit Leynos 2 but they sold it before I got there. :(

Also, I bought an INL Retro-programmer & made myself a copy of Metal Warriors. 8) I'm thinking of doing Ninja Warriors & Hagane next.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 07/23/2014, 05:13 PMlately I've been hunting down Sony PVM monitors. These are the ones I've obtained over the past 2 months. Three 2950Q's three 20M4U's and and last but not least a BVM D20F1U .. These have all came in very handy lately for the retro gaming meet ups that I host at my place.
Are you finding these locally or getting them shipped? I'm having a heck of a time finding decent ones (bigger than around 14 inch and having RGB) near me and I'm in a big metro area.
--DragonmasterDan

syphic

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/25/2014, 07:14 AM
Quote from: Nec.Game.head on 07/23/2014, 05:13 PMlately I've been hunting down Sony PVM monitors. These are the ones I've obtained over the past 2 months. Three 2950Q's three 20M4U's and and last but not least a BVM D20F1U .. These have all came in very handy lately for the retro gaming meet ups that I host at my place.
Are you finding these locally or getting them shipped? I'm having a heck of a time finding decent ones (bigger than around 14 inch and having RGB) near me and I'm in a big metro area.
They are pretty pletiful out here in LA.(having Tv and Movie Production Companies out here helps) Cant wait till this weekend to check these out in person.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

BeefJerky

A few days ago I received a few NeoGeo AES games. Baseballs Stars 2, Magician Lord and Super Sidekicks 2. Some of the best non-fighting games for the NG. :D

psychobear

Quote from: BeefJerky on 07/25/2014, 05:20 PMA few days ago I received a few NeoGeo AES games. Baseballs Stars 2, Magician Lord and Super Sidekicks 2. Some of the best non-fighting games for the NG. :D
Good pull, magician lord is bad ass.

munchiaz

Its been a very very long time since ive gotten a good deal at a thrift store. I've kind of falling out of the habit of hitting up thrift stores. It just seems like over the past few years that there are so many people doing it, and i just dont see the point. But i went to good will today to try and find some computer speakers, and got an awesome deal, on something ive wanted for awhile but havent been able to find for a good price.

IMG

The psone screen is something i've wanted for awhile, just havent found a good deal. I got the whole playstation bundle with controller, memory card, game and screen for $24

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

What is that game on the right?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 07/26/2014, 10:31 PMWhat is that game on the right?
The one on the right.  Heck I am trying to figure out either or the system lol.

Mathius

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/26/2014, 10:33 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/26/2014, 10:31 PMWhat is that game on the right?
The one on the right.  Heck I am trying to figure out either or the system lol. 
The one on the left looks to be Undeadline on the Sharp X68000. The game on the right is for the MSX.

Ninja Spirit

This box art....I really can't stop looking at it.

Brainlord-SFC.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10204039997382256

Opethian

its Famicle Parodic think Parodius meets Twin Bee heh
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 07/27/2014, 11:26 AMThis box art....I really can't stop looking at it.
Brainlord-SFC.webp
Kind of an average-ish RPG from Enix, that one. Not all that memorable. Any particular reason you wanted the Japanese one ? To compare to the US version or wait, you're just really commenting on the artwork ? The artwork is certainly better, but I prefer the whole game in English, so I'll accept the bad artwork if I can play/understand the game at least. ;)

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/26/2014, 12:01 AMIts been a very very long time since ive gotten a good deal at a thrift store. I've kind of falling out of the habit of hitting up thrift stores. It just seems like over the past few years that there are so many people doing it, and i just dont see the point. But i went to good will today to try and find some computer speakers, and got an awesome deal, on something ive wanted for awhile but havent been able to find for a good price.

IMG

The psone screen is something i've wanted for awhile, just havent found a good deal. I got the whole playstation bundle with controller, memory card, game and screen for $24
amazing find!!! never seen a screen like that before.

bob

^^ its the first version of the PSP.  ^^

munchiaz

Found some games at my local record store. The TMNT had 2 price stickers on it. one for $15 and one for $30. There was a crack in the back of the game case, and something rattling on the inside. I told the clerk that i would gamble on the game for $15 but not $30, and they sold it to me for $15. Took it home, replaced the back  case, good as new.

IMG

Found these great albums at a thrift store

IMG

xcrement5x

I hit the thrift store on Friday and picked up all this stuff for about $20.  Some questionable titles in there, but there was a lot more even crappier stuff I passed on. 

IMG

Xbox:
Enter the Matrix
Enter the Matrix: Path of Neo
The Thing
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
True Crime
Hitman 2

PS2:
Max Payne 2
Shamu's Deep Sea Adventure

PS1:
Pac-Man World
Army Men 3D
Gran Turismo 2

PSP:
Exit

Stealth update!

IMG

I also got Fantasy Zone: The Maze for the SMS
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

I've kind of been meaning to get "Enter the Matrix: Path of Neo" some day. I beat the PS2 first entry of "Enter the Matrix" and I liked how they used the games to expand the story and show movie production level footage exclusive just for the game. "Path of Neo" finishes the story off, and I've still not gotten to see it.

BeefJerky

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 07/27/2014, 11:26 AMThis box art....I really can't stop looking at it.
Brainlord-SFC.webp
What a coincidence, I actually recently won an auction for this exact same game, it just shipped today though.  =D>

TR0N

IMG

IMG

The famicom game is panic restaurant and in price it's cheaper then the,nes version.Also i bought gunlord for the dc finally since i heard no more reprints.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2014, 07:22 AMIMG

IMG

The famicom game is panic restaurant and in price it's cheaper then the,nes version.Also i bought gunlord for the dc finally since i heard no more reprints.
Super punchout and muke Tyson's punch out are two common games I still need to pick up some day.

That famicom game along with little samson for the famicom are also games I wish to get but man ebay prices for them have REALLY jumped. Like stuip crazy.

True about NG DEV no longer doing reprints. I'll need to double check which dc ones I have as I think I have them all. I think.

liquitek

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/26/2014, 12:01 AMIts been a very very long time since ive gotten a good deal at a thrift store. I've kind of falling out of the habit of hitting up thrift stores. It just seems like over the past few years that there are so many people doing it, and i just dont see the point. But i went to good will today to try and find some computer speakers, and got an awesome deal, on something ive wanted for awhile but havent been able to find for a good price.

IMG

Solid find man!  I got mine last year for $50 incl Tekken 1 & 2 +  Sony mem card and original Sony controller.

reson8er

I received today "The Adventures of Lomax" for PS1 and The Last of Us Remastered for PS4.

/14799600883_edefd7defd_z.jpg

HailingTheThings

Quote from: reson8er on 07/29/2014, 04:36 PMI received today "The Adventures of Lomax" for PS1 and The Last of Us Remastered for PS4.

/14799600883_edefd7defd_z.jpg
Lomax is very pretty.
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: xcrement5x on 07/28/2014, 01:19 PMIMG
I also got Fantasy Zone: The Maze for the SMS
That copy of Fantasy Zone looks brand new xcrement5x.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Nando

Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2014, 07:22 AMThe famicom game is panic restaurant and in price it's cheaper then the,nes version.
Is the main character sprite different on the JP version? Asking cause of the cover. How much did you find it for?