10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/20/2014, 04:51 AMBefore I had the System Card 1.0 and 2.0 - as far as I know these two never had an original boxed release.
Didn't someone on here (probably a frenchy) show one of those (maybe even both) as a cased, retail version?

Yesterday's mail brought me a sealed copy of Manhattan Requiem.  :mrgreen:

IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Yeah!  LaserActive goodies!

Free that thang from its poly prison.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

VenomMacbeth

Today I ponied up & bought a loose copy of Skeleton Krew, as well as Mario Kart 64, as compensation for the broken laserdisc player I received in the mail. -_-
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

tggodfrey

/10584032_10202578490365903_4001406176523863926_n.jpg
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

HailingTheThings

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/20/2014, 05:15 PMToday I ponied up & bought a loose copy of Skeleton Krew, as well as Mario Kart 64, as compensation for the broken laserdisc player I received in the mail. -_-
Isometric ftw! That game is pretty fun.

Quote from: tggodfrey on 08/20/2014, 08:13 PM/10584032_10202578490365903_4001406176523863926_n.jpg
What, no loose IMG ?
IMG

Opethian

IMG

xcrement5x

You bastards with Atlantean!  I'm still waiting for mine. 
In other news, I just got these the other day:

IMG

From the Thrift:
Lotus II [Genesis]
Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 [PS1]

From GameStop:
Tales of Xillia 2 Collectors Edition [PS3]
PS2 Network Adapters x2
Link's Crossbow Training x2

I picked up my preorder of Xillia 2 from GameStop and this box is ridiculously huge.  Bigger than the first one.  I'm not exactly sure where I will put it, probably next to the other ones and hope nothing falls over!  PS2 stuff still seems to be on uber clearance so I got the network adapters for 44c each, and the Crossbow Training for the same price. 

I also swung my my local thrift last night and picked up the copy of Lotus II for the Genesis and the non-crap PS1 game for a couple bucks.  I already have Arcade Collection on Saturn so I may just get rid of the PS1 copy since I can't imagine there is much of a difference between the two.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

InfraMan

I definitely want Tales of Xillia 2, but I'm waiting to see what the Collector's Edition does. It seems like they may have over-estimated demand this time, so I'm hoping there will be a price drop eventually.

munchiaz

No games for me for awhile. just bought this new couch

IMG

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/21/2014, 12:51 PMNo games for me for awhile. just bought this new couch

IMG
Awesome. I don't think anyone has listed a couch before. Necro?

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

I've not bought a couch ever.  The one I have is likely older than half the guys here.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jeffhlewis

munchiaz

esteban

Since we are sharing couch stories...

I bought this couch 8 years ago and the cats/kids still love it.

IMG

FOREGROUND: Mr. Missy
BACKGROUND: Loungenie

Mathius

ToyMachine78

I've seen that cat before.... Look at my balls meme?  lol

xcrement5x

Quote from: InfraMan on 08/21/2014, 12:25 PM^^ Cool... I definitely want Tales of Xillia 2, but I'm waiting to see what the Collector's Edition does. It seems like they may have over-estimated demand this time, so I'm hoping there will be a price drop eventually.
It really was stupidly priced at $130.  Luckily, they did a sale with 15% off all items on the NamcoBandai store so that took some of the price off, but I am wondering if it's going to drop in price even more over time as well.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 08/21/2014, 09:42 PM
Quote from: InfraMan on 08/21/2014, 12:25 PM^^ Cool... I definitely want Tales of Xillia 2, but I'm waiting to see what the Collector's Edition does. It seems like they may have over-estimated demand this time, so I'm hoping there will be a price drop eventually.
It really was stupidly priced at $130.  Luckily, they did a sale with 15% off all items on the NamcoBandai store so that took some of the price off, but I am wondering if it's going to drop in price even more over time as well.
Collector's editions are really a pain in the ass.  I only buy the collector's editions if there is something I like inside the box, but I often feel strong-armed into pre-ordering these editions to ensure I get my copy.

Sometimes this is good, for example the WWE 2K15 Hulkamania Edition sold out right after I pre-ordered it.  Hogan has always been my favorite wrestler, so to me a special Hogan edition with his autograph, a piece of the ring from his return, and some other crap was well worth the $40 additional price.  Had I not preordered, then I would've been bummed I missed out.

Then there is other stuff like South Park Stick of Truth.  I liked the Cartman figure so I pre-ordered even though it was a bit pricey.  Shortly after the game was released, I saw the collector's edition for about $30 less than I paid.

I think what I might start doing is pre-ordering all collector's editions I am even on the fence for.  The only good thing about Gamestop is they are pretty good at letting you move your pre-order money from one item to another.  So if they end up having 50 extra copies on the shelf, you can just get a gift card instead and wait until it is on sale.  If the collector's edition sells out, then you have one pre-ordered.

That was a rant no one wanted to read...  except maybe the goverrats.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/22/2014, 01:39 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/21/2014, 09:42 PM
Collector's editions are really a pain in the ass.  I only buy the collector's editions if there is something I like inside the box, but I often feel strong-armed into pre-ordering these editions to ensure I get my copy.

Sometimes this is good, for example the WWE 2K15 Hulkamania Edition sold out right after I pre-ordered it.  Hogan has always been my favorite wrestler, so to me a special Hogan edition with his autograph, a piece of the ring from his return, and some other crap was well worth the $40 additional price.  Had I not preordered, then I would've been bummed I missed out.

Then there is other stuff like South Park Stick of Truth.  I liked the Cartman figure so I pre-ordered even though it was a bit pricey.  Shortly after the game was released, I saw the collector's edition for about $30 less than I paid.

I think what I might start doing is pre-ordering all collector's editions I am even on the fence for.  The only good thing about Gamestop is they are pretty good at letting you move your pre-order money from one item to another.  So if they end up having 50 extra copies on the shelf, you can just get a gift card instead and wait until it is on sale.  If the collector's edition sells out, then you have one pre-ordered.

That was a rant no one wanted to read...  except maybe the goverrats.
Heh, I already kind of do that sometimes.  I've got Persona Q, Ultimax P4 Arena, and Tales of Hearts on preorder at GS and I'm not sure I will actually buy them.

SmaMan

A tad bit late, but I got a sweet Fix It Felix repro a while back. Vid of it in action:
https://vine.co/v/MQ3tJZtzI22
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

bob

dotsandloops .com/games/thena.jpg

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: galam on 08/23/2014, 02:36 PM/thena.jpg
Damn, is that a repro cart?  I didn't think that game made it stateside
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/23/2014, 06:24 PMDamn, is that a repro cart?  I didn't think that game made it stateside
It's real, I picked it up ages ago, it sucks hard. Better off playing the arcade ver. on an emulator or buying it on PSN.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/23/2014, 06:32 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/23/2014, 06:24 PMDamn, is that a repro cart?  I didn't think that game made it stateside
It's real, I picked it up ages ago, it sucks hard. Better off playing the arcade ver. on an emulator or buying it on PSN.
Athena is so tough. I actually had it back in the day and could make it pretty far (never beat it, doubt I ever could).

Anyway, the game had so much potential, it's so sad that it was flawed beyond reproach.

bob

I think we all have a list of random commons that we look out for. Granted this cart can be had on the bay for like $5, that was still too much. I got it for $1.50.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: galam on 08/23/2014, 07:38 PMI think we all have a list of random commons that we look out for. Granted this cart can be had on the bay for like $5, that was still too much. I got it for $1.50.
Got me beat, friend buttface, I paid $2. G'jobbes!
IMG

Flare65

Ahh.... Athena.  I'm still waiting for the AVGN to review this one.  This was the very first NES game that I bought since I couldn't afford Kid Icarus or Metroid at the time as they were 10 dollars more than what Athena was going for. 

I was impatient and sick to death of Mario and Duck Hunt so rather than wait another week and cut a few more lawns, I broke down and bought Athena.  :(   Boy did I feel robbed!  It took me cutting another six lawns before I could afford to buy a decent game back then......and I hated pushing that damn lawn mower.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Flare65 on 08/24/2014, 10:41 PMAhh.... Athena.  I'm still waiting for the AVGN to review this one.  This was the very first NES game that I bought since I couldn't afford Kid Icarus or Metroid at the time as they were 10 dollars more than what Athena was going for. 

I was impatient and sick to death of Mario and Duck Hunt so rather than wait another week and cut a few more lawns, I broke down and bought Athena.  :(   Boy did I feel robbed!  It took me cutting another six lawns before I could afford to buy a decent game back then......and I hated pushing that damn lawn mower.
Ha Ha... I know the feeling. Same thing happened to me with City Connection. It really was hard to choose good games back then. Especially if the game wasnt picked for review by one of the big game mags. Kids don't know how spoiled they are with the internet.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2014, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 08/24/2014, 10:41 PMAhh.... Athena.  I'm still waiting for the AVGN to review this one.  This was the very first NES game that I bought since I couldn't afford Kid Icarus or Metroid at the time as they were 10 dollars more than what Athena was going for. 

Ha Ha... I know the feeling. Same thing happened to me with City Connection. It really was hard to choose good games back then. Especially if the game wasnt picked for review by one of the big game mags. Kids don't know how spoiled they are with the internet.
I liked City Connection a lot more than Athena!!!!

MrFulci

Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 12:04 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/24/2014, 11:30 PM

I liked City Connection a lot more than Athena!!!!
I never played Athena.

However, my story with City Connection. Someone gave me the game, during NES days. Either that or I paid something non-memorable for it, like $5. I traded it for Shadowgate. Shadowgate I enjoyed more.

However, City Connection I later reacquired. It's a good arcade type game. Though, years ago, Shadowgate, without a guide, I put more hours into!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

SuperDeadite

Back when I was a kid my rich friend just got the shiny new Genesis and didn't care about his old NES anymore, I traded him a set of magnetic marbles for his Castlevania III. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/25/2014, 12:32 AMBack when I was a kid my rich friend just got the shiny new Genesis and didn't care about his old NES anymore, I traded him a set of magnetic marbles for his Castlevania III. :)
Castlevania III provided more depth and hours of enjoyment than most Genny/TG-16 titles.

Trü storie.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 05:48 AM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/25/2014, 12:32 AMBack when I was a kid my rich friend just got the shiny new Genesis and didn't care about his old NES anymore, I traded him a set of magnetic marbles for his Castlevania III. :)
Castlevania III provided more depth and hours of enjoyment than most Genny/TG-16 titles.

Trü storie.
Grant ftw
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 05:48 AMCastlevania III provided more depth and hours of enjoyment than many titles for the NES or any other system.
Fixed.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 05:48 AMCastlevania III provided more depth and hours of frustration than many titles for any system ever.
fixed again

DeshDildo

I was pretty lucky to nab this Genesis title today.

IMG
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

bob

Quote from: Desh on 08/25/2014, 08:55 PMI was pretty lucky to nab this Genesis title today.

IMG
never heard of this. pic of the back of the box? whats the gameplay?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 08/25/2014, 09:05 PM
Quote from: Desh on 08/25/2014, 08:55 PMI was pretty lucky to nab this Genesis title today.

IMG
Ohhh I have heard of this one...I want to say it was in a gamesack video or maybe a retro video.....

But it is kinda pricy. Sighh

esteban

Quote from: galam on 08/25/2014, 09:05 PM

IMG
Dude! Trust me, you will like Crusader of Centy. It is a good game.  :pcgs:

HailingTheThings

I hate you/eat poop/be dead. jaykayellohelle

Good score, unless you paid out the bootox.

Did you flip, beej do things a bunch to affords it? hehe
IMG

DeshDildo

Quote from: galam on 06/19/1974, 03:18 PMnever heard of this. pic of the back of the box? whats the gameplay?
Your wish is my command

IMG

It plays like Zelda... sort of the "Link to the Past" of the Genesis.  So far I really like it but, was surprised at some of the difficulty so early in the game (I actually like that).

Quote from: Medic_wheatOhhh I have heard of this one...I want to say it was in a gamesack video or maybe a retro video.....

But it is kinda pricy. Sighh
I know Game sack had it in an ep.  I knew of the game before but, that footage lead me to really want it.  I never actually pursued it because of the price of admission.

Quote from: HailingTheThingsI hate you/eat poop/be dead. jaykayellohelle

I used my scumbag, detriment to the gaming community powers to strike a deal.  A local game shop I frequent just got the most amazing trade in I've ever seen.  Picture every single high dollar/rare SNES, Genesis and N64 title CIB.  Even doubles in some cases.  The quality of the games in this trade-in, are like new.  Words can't even describe.

Anyways, I am kind of buddy buddy with the shop owner so he let's me know when stuff like this happens before it makes it to his display case.  He wanted close to the current price charting average for it.  He also usually hooks me up with 20% off (I buy a lot from him) and I traded in a few better SNES and N64 titles I no longer cared about.  I also traded in some extra hardware and every extra game/ double I had.  I ended up only having pay $50.00 out of pocket plus about 10 minutes worth of time on my knees.  I also traded my average condition boxed Sunset Riders and cash (Genesis) for a mint example and purchased a Minty CIB copy of Mega Turrican on Genesis.

My cartridge crusading friends scored CIB Mega man X2, Castlevania 4 and Sparkster (SNES).  One of them is trying to work out a deal for Wild Guns CIB (I believe the asking price on that one was like $500.00)
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Desh on 08/26/2014, 12:30 AMI used my scumbag, detriment to the gaming community powers to strike a deal.  A local game shop I frequent just got the most amazing trade in I've ever seen.  Picture every single high dollar/rare SNES, Genesis and N64 title CIB.  Even doubles in some cases.  The quality of the games in this trade-in, are like new.  Words can't even describe.

Anyways, I am kind of buddy buddy with the shop owner so he let's me know when stuff like this happens before it makes it to his display case.  He wanted close to the current price charting average for it.  He also usually hooks me up with 20% off (I buy a lot from him) and I traded in a few better SNES and N64 titles I no longer cared about.  I also traded in some extra hardware and every extra game/ double I had.  I ended up only having pay $50.00 out of pocket plus about 10 minutes worth of time on my knees.  I also traded my average condition boxed Sunset Riders and cash (Genesis) for a mint example and purchased a Minty CIB copy of Mega Turrican on Genesis.

My cartridge crusading friends scored CIB Mega man X2, Castlevania 4 and Sparkster (SNES).  One of them is trying to work out a deal for Wild Guns CIB (I believe the asking price on that one was like $500.00)
I kinda hate trading stuff in to shops, always feel like I'm getting effed. Glad that, at least sounds like, you didn't completely get the shaft. Well, aside from working it a little bit, perhaps.

Totally jealous about the Mega Turrican, wish I could at least score a loose copy for cheapo.

Weeow.

Wild Guns = $500 cib, that is just dumb.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Desh on 08/26/2014, 12:30 AM

...I ended up only having pay $50.00 out of pocket plus about 10 minutes worth of time on my knees.

I figured out the math and, damn, a blow job surely is with more than $10-15?

DeshDildo

Quote from: esteban on 08/26/2014, 07:13 AM

...I ended up only having pay $50.00 out of pocket plus about 10 minutes worth of time on my knees.

Hahahaha.... desperate times call for desperate measures.

esteban

Quote from: Desh on 08/26/2014, 07:20 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/26/2014, 07:13 AM

Hahahaha.... desperate times call for desperate measures.
Trüth.  :pcgs:

VenomMacbeth

Just got a Pioneer CLD-V5000 laserdisc player along with:

The Abyss
Ren & Stimpy Show Classics
Wizards
Twice Upon a Time
Plymptoons

:D
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Medic_wheat

IMG

Found some cheap hardbound books from my favorit writer.

Medic_wheat

/20140824_221312.jpg

Something tells me Tommyknockers isnt really signed by King.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/26/2014, 01:04 PM/20140824_221312.jpg

LOL that may be the worst forged signature I've ever seen! Look how many times it was traced over lol

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2014, 01:34 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/26/2014, 01:04 PM/20140824_221312.jpg

LOL that may be the worst forged signature I've ever seen! Look how many times it was traced over lol
Yeah lol. But at $3 for a hard bound first edition seemed kind of hard to pass up.

Next month I plan to return as they have book 5, 6, 7 in the dark tower series all first edition for $14 a book hard cover.

That means id the. Obses over not having books 1-4 first edition lol.