OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFlutterPie

/E4AdJ2n.jpg

Finally my grail has been achieved.  My TMNT NES Tournament Fighters is finally complete.  Since I grew up with a NES during the 16 bit era I missed out on the 1 on 1 fighter craze.  I so badly wanted in on 1 on 1 fighter to play at home.  I had a subscription to Nintendo Power and I see this game featured in it.  I was so excited as this was the going to be only way to get in on the 1 on 1  fighting action.

Sadly I never got it.  I saw it in the store once as a kid but it was $80 and my mom said it was too expensive.  I have been chasing this thing for over 20 years now.

I recently completed my first collecting goal of getting back all of my childhood games CIB.  While I never owned this game I have always considered it part of that collection.  I bought a CB a while back but it took forever to find the manual.  I am so happy to have harpooned the largest white whale in my life.  :mrgreen:

Medic_wheat

Way to go flutter pie!

We all have grails but not many obtain them......

vexcollects

Got a few gooduns today. Super Adventure Island, Biker Mice From Mars, Ninja Gaiden III, Shadowgate, M.U.L.E, and Kirby's Adventure...

IMG

MrFulci

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/27/2014, 12:38 AMGot a few gooduns today. Super Adventure Island, Biker Mice From Mars, Ninja Gaiden III, Shadowgate, M.U.L.E, and Kirby's Adventure...

IMG
Kirby, and the Felix the Cat game... maybe also Trick shooting (On clearance), were some of the last games I bought, NEW, for the NES. Felix, load it on a flash cart, get a good deal on a real cart, however you may, it may sound silly, Felix the Cat?  but it's a decent game.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ToyMachine78

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/26/2014, 09:00 PMFinally my grail has been achieved.  My TMNT NES Tournament Fighters is finally complete.  Since I grew up with a NES during the 16 bit era I missed out on the 1 on 1 fighter craze.  I so badly wanted in on 1 on 1 fighter to play at home.  I had a subscription to Nintendo Power and I see this game featured in it.  I was so excited as this was the going to be only way to get in on the 1 on 1  fighting action.

Sadly I never got it.  I saw it in the store once as a kid but it was $80 and my mom said it was too expensive.  I have been chasing this thing for over 20 years now.

I recently completed my first collecting goal of getting back all of my childhood games CIB.  While I never owned this game I have always considered it part of that collection.  I bought a CB a while back but it took forever to find the manual.  I am so happy to have harpooned the largest white whale in my life.  :mrgreen:
Nice haul. Mirror of Fate is a great game. I have it for the 360. Still working through it actually. And just in time for some Halloween gaming ^-^

How is Nosferatu? That caught my eye. I love vampire games.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 11:13 AMHow is Nosferatu? That caught my eye. I love vampire games.
It is basically Castlevania combined with Streets of Rage and Prince of Persia.  If you like Prince of Persia you will like this game otherwise avoid at all cost. 

I find it alright but I wish it was more action focused rather then timing focused ala Price of Persia.  It's pretty atmospheric though so that's cool.  Good audio as well.

NecroPhile

I got this a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to post a pic of the pubes:

IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2014, 03:30 PMI got this a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to post a pic of the pubes:

IMG
Well, Nekro, you got almost what I want from Arkhan!

I'm not sure if I read somewhere you were getting yours signed and it sat in the back of my mind when I was posting here a few days ago, subliminal and all.

Really makes me wonder, since I don't remember someone typing here about Arkhan signing stuff!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

vexcollects

Added some goodies to the collection today.

IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/31/2014, 07:51 PMAdded some goodies to the collection today.

IMG
IMG
I have been eyeing that game for awhile.

I take it the game disk has varient cd labels?  Is there one that is harder to find then others?

vexcollects

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/31/2014, 10:04 PM
Quote from: vexcollects on 08/31/2014, 07:51 PMAdded some goodies to the collection today.

IMG
IMG
I have been eyeing that game for awhile.

I take it the game disk has varient cd labels?  Is there one that is harder to find then others?
Yeah, there are 4 variants, but I have no idea if one is tougher to find. I just wanted the game, so I'm choosing not get all wrapped up in it. I know what will happen if I go down that road and I don't have the money for it.  ](*,)

xcrement5x

Yeah, with Dragon Force there are 4 disc variant types and 3 different memory card stickers that went with copies of the game. 

Anyway, since it was a Labor Day on Monday my company also gave me a half day on Friday to celebrate as well.  I ran around the town about looking for goodies in that time.

First I hit some GameStops, pawn shops, and the local media store and grabbed these goodies

IMG

Media Store Finds:
Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Volume 6 [DVD]
Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Volume 7 [DVD]
Genocyber Collection  [DVD]
Robotech 2 Movie Collection [DVD]

Random Pawn Shop Find:
Altered Beast [SMS]

GameStop Finds
(All Accessories, PS2 Stuff is still 75% off so I'm stocking up where I can find it):
PS1/2/3 RF Cable
PS2 4 Player + Memory Card Expansion Adapter
Logitech PS2 Headset
Eye Toy Camera with Lens Cover
Sony OEM DualShock 3 Charging Station.  (It is missing the clips that go with it and clip on the DS3 though, so a bit worthless until I can find them.)

The mall was pretty fun too. I hadn't been there for awhile and seeing cute girls while you walk around is never a bad thing. 

When I was there I saw that they had an arcade on the lower level so I went down to check it out.  Not to shabby actually, lots of relatively fun games and all the games I tried were working and properly calibrated, so huzzah for that! 

I played a fair bit of LA Machine Guns on the cabinet until continuing on my way.  Apparently there is even a Wii port of this and another game out there, so I will have to keep an eye out.

IMG

After that I swung by my local thrift to see what was in stock and got some awesome deals since almost everything was 50% off as well!

First is Lots and Lots of Xbox Games!

IMG

Stacked
King Kong
Ralli Sport 2
Desert Storm
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Halo
Halo 2 (actually a 2 disc case with another copy of Halo in it too, lol)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Cabelas Big Game Hunter 2005 Adventures
Cars
DragonBall Z Sagas
NCAA 06 Football
DRIV3R

Then some other misc PlayStation goodies, and unbelievably Saturn games with cases in good condition!  I already own the games but can use the cases for replacements for other titles I own.

IMG

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude [PS2]
Madden 98 [Saturn]
Virtual Open Tennis [Saturn]
Sno Cross [PS1]
Card Games [PS1]
Ballistic [PS1]
40 Winks [PS1]
2 Namco Arcade Tokens from the mall

Finally, I came into work this morning to see that my copy of Neptunia Re;Birth was delivered!  There was a postal delay for some reason last week and I didn't get it before the long weekend.  Boo! 

IMG
2014-08-02 HyperDimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Limited Edition for PS Vita by xcrement5x, on Flickr

This game is actually insanely rare, only 1000 copies of it made and there were no preorders so you needed to be up at midnight 8/26 on Amazon to order it.  Thankfully it was limited to one copy per person, but it still sold out in like 12 minutes.  My US Neptunia LE collection is one neat set now.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DeshDildo

Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 10:05 PMDude! Trust me, you will like Crusader of Centy. It is a good game.  :pcgs:
Well, I've already added this game to my completed list.  The back of the box advertises 40 hours of game play but, I did it in less than 1/4 of the time.  Overall, I liked the game.  The controls and story were cool.  The music was very good for a Genesis title.  The element of combining different powers with the animals you befriend is a neat touch.  Some of the over world sections were tough if a bunch of enemies were coming at you, due to the hit detection.  Swinging your sword to attack could be kind of funky.  I found the boss battles were too easy, even the last boss was super easy once I figured out which "special power" to use.  Overall it was a good game but, not mind blowing.  I don't think it was as good as it's current going rate suggests.  I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that it was a relatively small print run and is a decent action RPG.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

MrFulci

Quote from: Desh on 09/02/2014, 01:22 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 10:05 PMDude! Trust me, you will like Crusader of Centy. It is a good game.  :pcgs:
Well, I've already added this game to my completed list.  The back of the box advertises 40 hours of game play but, I did it in less than 1/4 of the time.  Overall, I liked the game.  The controls and story were cool.  The music was very good for a Genesis title.  The element of combining different powers with the animals you befriend is a neat touch.  Some of the over world sections were tough if a bunch of enemies were coming at you, due to the hit detection.  Swinging your sword to attack could be kind of funky.  I found the boss battles were too easy, even the last boss was super easy once I figured out which "special power" to use.  Overall it was a good game but, not mind blowing.  I don't think it was as good as it's current going rate suggests.  I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that it was a relatively small print run and is a decent action RPG.
Crusader of Centry is OK fun. I just remember beating it, that's about it.

it's no Shining Force...or Neutopia.

About all I have to say, at the moment.

DeshDildo

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/02/2014, 01:28 PM

Agreed.  Both Neutopias are awesome!  I hate to admit this but I am on an action RPG kick right now and I'm going through Y's books I&II for my first time.  The bat boss in the mine is currently kicking my ass.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

MrFulci

Quote from: Desh on 09/02/2014, 02:03 PM

Agreed.  Both Neutopias are awesome!  I hate to admit this but I am on an action RPG kick right now and I'm going through Ys books I&II for my first time.  The bat boss in the mine is currently kicking my ass.
Y's is good fun and all, and though it may be sacrilege around here, give Shining Force, the first one, on the Genesis, a try sometime. Good stuff, there.

ToyMachine78

Agreed.  Both Neutopias are awesome!  I hate to admit this but I am on an action RPG kick right now and I'm going through Ys books I&II for my first time.  The bat boss in the mine is currently kicking my ass.
I'm stuck on Neutopia. How do you get the dungeon to appear in the water world? The old man says they buried it with powerful magic. Wasn't able to figure it out.

ToyMachine78

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2014, 03:55 PMCrapatalk double post
Water world. Make map, bomb all the walls.

All else fails, enjoy KITH
OMIGOD! NEUTOPIA!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2014, 03:54 PM

I'm stuck on Neutopia. How do you get the dungeon to appear in the water world? The old man says they buried it with powerful magic. Wasn't able to figure it out.
https://archives.tg-16.com/turbo_play_0001.htm#p04

Neutopia Strategy Guide circa June 1991  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Desh on 09/02/2014, 02:03 PMAgreed.  Both Neutopias are awesome!  I hate to admit this but I am on an action RPG kick right now and I'm going through Ys books I&II for my first time.  The bat boss in the mine is currently kicking my ass.
Silver.
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2014, 05:06 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/02/2014, 03:54 PM

https://archives.tg-16.com/turbo_play_0001.htm#p04

Neutopia Strategy Guide circa June 1991  :pcgs:
Tanks!

DeshDildo

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/02/2014, 05:16 PM
Quote from: Desh on 09/02/2014, 02:03 PMAgreed.  Both Neutopias are awesome!  I hate to admit this but I am on an action RPG kick right now and I'm going through Ys books I&II for my first time.  The bat boss in the mine is currently kicking my ass.
Silver.
I found silver everything.  Maybe I should double check to see if I equipped it.

FiftyQuid

Most of my stuff has been pinball related.  I didn't want to bore you guys with it.  I did receive this in the mail today though!

20140902_185147.jpg
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/02/2014, 07:53 PMMost of my stuff has been pinball related.  I didn't want to bore you guys with it.  I did receive this in the mail today though!
Aren't you in East East East England?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esadajr

These just arrived from Hong Kong

PS3-Haul-IMG_20140902.jpg
Gaming since 1985

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esadajr on 09/02/2014, 09:23 PMThese just arrived from Hong Kong
PS3-Haul-IMG_20140902.jpg
I am guessing these are all region free?

One I am guessing as well if inital D

What is the 16 one?

Also why get last of us as an import?

FiftyQuid

Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2014, 08:42 PMAren't you in East East East England?
I'm in New England.  True North strong and free!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Desh on 09/02/2014, 06:27 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/02/2014, 05:16 PM
Silver.
I found silver everything.  Maybe I should double check to see if I equipped it.
Silver everything, equip, go fight again. :3
IMG

Azzurri

Rocky and Pocky and Demons Crest CiB.

esadajr

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/02/2014, 09:45 PM

What is the 16 one?

My understanding is every PS3 game is region free.

Pachi Para 16, for when I just want to chill out and enjoy some pachinko in HD. Last of Us is actually the US version, funny thing is, even after paying shipping and customs, it was cheaper than getting it from the local store.
Gaming since 1985

johnnymad

Ordered a Vita over the weekend and it shipped today. Does that count?

bartre

Quote from: esadajr on 09/02/2014, 10:52 PM

What is the 16 one?

Pachi Para 16, for when I just want to chill out and enjoy some pachinko in HD. Last of Us is actually the US version, funny thing is, even after paying shipping and customs, it was cheaper than getting it from the local store.
not quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.
P4A is region locked.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: bartre on 09/03/2014, 07:23 PM

What is the 16 one?

P4A is region locked.
Not that it mattered too much since the JP ver. came out only a little bit before US. Or were you referring to the US ver. being locked as well so that JP players couldn't import from US?
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/03/2014, 10:12 PM
Quote from: bartre on 09/03/2014, 07:23 PM

What is the 16 one?

P4A is region locked.
Not that it mattered too much since the JP ver. came out only a little bit before US. Or were you referring to the US ver. being locked as well so that JP players couldn't import from US?
The point is, it is a region locked game.  And yes, I believe they were more worried about reverse importation (people in Japan buying the US localized copy) as it dropped in price.  That's a huge concern with anime as well apparently, hence why a lot of companies release blurays with only an English dub and no Japanese audio. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

nectarsis

/20140903_175927_zpsny3cmvjq.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

VenomMacbeth

This came in the mail today.  +infinity-shmillion turbokarma if you know what it is.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409949915.097531.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409949932.565140.jpg
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ToyMachine78

Is that Jesus doing a Hitler heil, wearing a swastika?

VenomMacbeth

THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Joe Redifer

Ah Cy-Kill. I could never get into Go-Bots. They always seemed like super-generic Transformers. The big ones were cooler though. Too bad there are only about, what, 10 Go-Bot characters total?

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/05/2014, 05:10 PMAh Cy-Kill. I could never get into Go-Bots. They always seemed like super-generic Transformers. The big ones were cooler though. Too bad there are only about, what, 10 Go-Bot characters total?
Not Cy-Kill in fact, but one of the rarer Super (big) Gobots, Throttle.  And I don't know much about the characters, I mainly just collect the toys because they change into stuff that Transformers usually don't like classic cars, WWII planes, etc.  Throttle here is a much cooler toy than any of his Transformers G1 motorcycle contemporaries, although I do wish I hadn't payed quite as much as I did for this one.

I've attached a picture of my small Gobots collection, because why not.

IMG
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

ToyMachine78

Purchases from the past couple of weeks:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

FF Chronicals/Chrono Trigger is

IMG

But I'll soon take care of that :)

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2014, 03:32 PMFF Chronicals/Chrono Trigger is

Yeah those load times suck. I thought they wouldn't be too bad but i barely got halfway through the game. I just played the DS version.

I'll get the cart someday.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2014, 03:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/06/2014, 03:32 PMFF Chronicals/Chrono Trigger is

Yeah those load times suck. I thought they wouldn't be too bad but i barely got halfway through the game. I just played the DS version.

I'll get the cart someday.
Hey... I'm in my happy place. Don't shit on it! ;)

johnnymad

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2014, 03:47 PMHey... I'm in my happy place. Don't shit on it! ;)
It's all in the hips. Put the ball in the hole.

VenomMacbeth

Nice Earthworm Jim, Johnny.  How common is the clamshell box version vs the cardboard box?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/06/2014, 06:13 PMNice Earthworm Jim, Johnny.  How common is the clamshell box version vs the cardboard box?
I'm not sure. I picked that up in a trade with Galam.