OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishran

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/11/2014, 04:18 PMDid you get Smash 3DS yet?  I am going to pick it up today and I am pretty pumped to give it a try.  The demo had a lot of promise.
I played the demo and was definitely pleased. I have a 2DS and I had some difficulty with some of the moves. There isn't really anything to grip onto when holding it, so the system slid around in my hands when I was slamming the controls around. Had to resort to squeezing the system between my palms to support it which gave me a cramp. Wasn't fun. :lol:

jeffhlewis

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 10/11/2014, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Desh on 10/11/2014, 05:27 PMPicked up some more Genesis gems today.  Going back to pick up more that weren't at the store tomorrow.  Beyond Oasis is from this forum's favorite canuckle head.  CrackTiger.

IMG
Gimme dem splats, plz.
All nice pickups - virtua racing was so underrated at the time.

Those are some 'spensive titles; hope it didn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Psycho Punch

The cover art on the JP version of Virtua Racing is so much better.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

DeshDildo

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/12/2014, 02:05 AM
Quote from: Desh on 10/11/2014, 05:27 PMPicked up some more Genesis gems today.  Going back to pick up more that weren't at the store tomorrow.  Beyond Oasis is from this forum's favorite canuckle head.  Black Tiger.

IMG
Gimme dem splats, plz.

I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.  Everything has been purchased with proceeds from pruning my NES collection.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

cjameslv

Quote from: Desh on 10/12/2014, 01:37 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/12/2014, 02:05 AM
Quote from: Desh on 10/11/2014, 05:27 PMPicked up some more Genesis gems today.  Going back to pick up more that weren't at the store tomorrow.  Beyond Oasis is from this forum's favorite canuckle head.  CrackTiger.

IMG
Gimme dem splats, plz.

I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.  Everything has been purchased with proceeds from pruning my NES collection.
Love gunstar heroes! That is a fun game i even have that for the game boy advance as well.

esadajr

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/11/2014, 03:37 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 10/11/2014, 12:19 PMJust had this show up in the mail.

Broke down and bought one of these as well.
Get Super Mario 3D World Asap!
Just that game alone justifies getting the Wii U. Off course there are other great ones like New Super Mario, Mario Kart 8, the Wind Waker remake...
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Just got this beauty:

IMG

Just like with the PCE and the DC, you can never have enough of these.
Gaming since 1985

cr8zykuban0

what a beauty!  saturn looks better in white in my opinion!

cjameslv

Quote from: esadajr on 10/12/2014, 06:18 PMJust got this beauty:
IMG
Man that does look nice. The action replay would match it alot better then with the black one like i got. Damn might have to go hunt a jp one down.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: cjameslv on 10/12/2014, 06:27 PM
IMG
Man that does look nice. The action replay would match it alot better then with the black one like i got. Damn might have to go hunt a jp one down.
I feel you man. same here. I would love to have a white and gray saturn just cuz they look much better than the black one we got in the states

esadajr

Quote from: cjameslv on 10/12/2014, 06:27 PM

Indeed, they were made for each other.

You could hunt down a a japanese Saturn or hunt down the black AR cart, or both. Having a spare Saturn is always a great idea.
Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

That is a very pretty Saturn indeed :)

I just picked this up from GameStop:
IMG
Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus by xcrement5x, on Flickr

It's a totally fanservicey Vita game which I look forward to playing some day when I finally get a Playstation TV. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

"Fight with a team of buxom ninja girls in a 3D brawler containing massive mid-air combos, revealing cut-scenes and special Secret Ninja Art techniques, all while struggling to stay clothed as damage is depicted by the deterioration of each girl's outfit"

Sounds classy as fuck.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2014, 04:07 PMThat is a very pretty Saturn indeed :)

I just picked this up from GameStop:
IMG
Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus by xcrement5x, on Flickr

It's a totally fanservicey Vita game which I look forward to playing some day when I finally get a Playstation TV.
I so git this ob pre order and Bayoneta 2.  In fact need to go and pick up my copy now that I am out of work. Hee hee hee

OldMan

Quote"Fight with a team of buxom ninja girls in a 3D brawler containing massive mid-air combos, revealing cut-scenes and special Secret Ninja Art techniques, all while struggling to stay clothed as damage is depicted by the deterioration of each girl's outfit"
I suck at fighting games. Might have to pick this one up.... :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TheOldMan on 10/14/2014, 09:20 PM
Quote"Fight with a team of buxom ninja girls in a 3D brawler containing massive mid-air combos, revealing cut-scenes and special Secret Ninja Art techniques, all while struggling to stay clothed as damage is depicted by the deterioration of each girl's outfit"
I suck at fighting games. Might have to pick this one up.... :)
It's more of a brawler then a fighting game.

xcrement5x

IMG

Well this showed up in my mailbox the other day pretty much exactly 13 months from the date I ordered it. 

Quick Review:
Build quality is super solid and I commend them for delivering such a good package in the end.  The cartridge shell is brand new and custom imprinted with Super Fighter Team badging, manual was crisp, and the tray looked pretty good.  Two edges on the tray had been pushed in from what I'm assuming was the cart moving around during shipping, but I was able to pull them back out easily enough.

I played the game for quite a bit last night and it looks very good graphically, overall gameplay is a bit weak in my opinion.  The game has some very cheap enemies and scenarios that can get frustrating fast.  One part has you falling down a pit with stuff coming from all over the place with not very much time to react, and seems to encourage needing to memorize exactly where you need to be on every bit of the screen.  (Think of the falling levels in Mega Man 2 with the instant-kill lasers).

I was playing on easy mode and had fun, but there were times where it seems like you would just get stuck in a loop of continual deaths.  The power ups were also a cool addition to how the game played, but I would not play this one without a controller that has a turbo option. 

Overall:
Package: A
Gameplay: B/B-
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jeffhlewis

Here's the roundup from the past few weeks.

Picked up some goodies down in Texas for Retropalooza:

Sharp x68000 Fatal Furies:
IMG

New rack mount pro video monitor
IMG

Other stuff - mostly random cheapos:
IMG

Windy Gaming order - thanks CDamm!
IMG

jeffhlewis

Also down in Texas we hit up a random junk store and I couldn't resist buying the sealed boxed copy of Netscape navigator:

IMG

And finally, thrift store goodies - boxed copy of The Dig! (And WC III)

IMG

BlueBMW

Im digging the boxed windows NT!  Ive still got my old win95 and 98 boxes...  But no NT.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bob

The netscape navigator is awesome.

esteban

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/19/2014, 12:24 PMAlso down in Texas we hit up a random junk store and I couldn't resist buying the sealed boxed copy of Netscape navigator:

IMG

And finally, thrift store goodies - boxed copy of The Dig! (And WC III)

IMG
The Dig!

I don't think I ever finished playing that. That was one of the later (for me) Lucas games...

I love the boxed NetScape Navigator, too.

I remember when all that crap was on the shelves.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Buying maternity clothing.  Finally clothing for the modern man! 

Ok ok so it is for my wife.  Is it sad that I look more pregnant then her?   #-o

o.pwuaioc

removed

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2014, 08:54 PMFinally showing something else besides the Atari 2600 some pre-crash love.

/B22UjiC.jpg
Lucky!  I need a colecovision...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

xcrement5x

I was cleaning this weekend and dropped some stuff off at the thrift to donate so I stuck my head inside to if there was anything good.  I found a couple things worth my time.

IMG

Q-Ko-Chan Volume 1 Hardbound with slipcase
NBA Jam TE CIB [GEN]
Machine Hunter [PS1]
Quest 64 [N64]
Corvette [PS2]
Naki Sega Genesis Controller
Logitech Original Xbox Controller

A bunch of misc stuff here.  The NBA Jam cart took some major cleaning to get going but it is working now.  All the disc games are like scratch free too, it's pretty awesome.  The Naki controller is comfortable but the d-pad feels a bit meh, the up was a bit picky.  There were other Genesis titles there too but all were missing their manuals and I had them already so I passed on them, if they're available next week I might grab them at half price.

IMG

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Books
Dungeon Master Guide (Revised)
Player's Handbook (6th Printing)
I saw these near the manga and remembered a friend of mine saying older D&D books are worth some money so I figured I would gamble on them.  I already handed them off to my friend who knows a lot about this kind of stuff to see if I can get any cash out of it. 

Most everything was 50% off so my total was $16.56  :P

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2014, 01:36 PMI was cleaning this weekend and dropped some stuff off at the thrift to donate so I stuck my head inside to if there was anything good.  I found a couple things worth my time.

IMG

Q-Ko-Chan Volume 1 Hardbound with slipcase
NBA Jam TE CIB [GEN]
Machine Hunter [PS1]
Quest 64 [N64]
Corvette [PS2]
Naki Sega Genesis Controller
Logitech Original Xbox Controller

A bunch of misc stuff here.  The NBA Jam cart took some major cleaning to get going but it is working now.  All the disc games are like scratch free too, it's pretty awesome.  The Naki controller is comfortable but the d-pad feels a bit meh, the up was a bit picky.  There were other Genesis titles there too but all were missing their manuals and I had them already so I passed on them, if they're available next week I might grab them at half price.

IMG

I saw these near the manga and remembered a friend of mine saying older D&D books are worth some money so I figured I would gamble on them.  I already handed them off to my friend who knows a lot about this kind of stuff to see if I can get any cash out of it. 

I have thought of picking up pld D&D books just for the cover art and what not

o.pwuaioc

removed

Flare65

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 11:38 AMIMG

Well this showed up in my mailbox the other day pretty much exactly 13 months from the date I ordered it. 

Quick Review:
Build quality is super solid and I commend them for delivering such a good package in the end.  The cartridge shell is brand new and custom imprinted with Super Fighter Team badging, manual was crisp, and the tray looked pretty good.  Two edges on the tray had been pushed in from what I'm assuming was the cart moving around during shipping, but I was able to pull them back out easily enough.

I played the game for quite a bit last night and it looks very good graphically, overall gameplay is a bit weak in my opinion.  The game has some very cheap enemies and scenarios that can get frustrating fast.  One part has you falling down a pit with stuff coming from all over the place with not very much time to react, and seems to encourage needing to memorize exactly where you need to be on every bit of the screen.  (Think of the falling levels in Mega Man 2 with the instant-kill lasers).

I was playing on easy mode and had fun, but there were times where it seems like you would just get stuck in a loop of continual deaths.  The power ups were also a cool addition to how the game played, but I would not play this one without a controller that has a turbo option. 

Overall:
I'm still waiting for mine to show up.  Did they send you an email letting you know that it was shipped?  I'm a little worried that they are sending it to my old address than my new one, despite them saying they got my new address.  Email responses from those guys are a little slow.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/20/2014, 10:45 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 11:38 AMIMG

Quick Review:

Overall:
I'm still waiting for mine to show up.  Did they send you an email letting you know that it was shipped?  I'm a little worried that they are sending it to my old address than my new one, despite them saying they got my new address.  Email responses from those guys are a little slow.
I had to check, but yes I did get an email saying they had shipped it.  All it was, was a generic email that says they shipped it and it should get to you in 3-10 days.  No tracking number/address information was included in the email so it just showed up one day at my house instead of work (where I normally ship stuff).

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2014, 05:57 PMIt's been like Christmas here!
/7Q9whOS.jpg
I haven't seen a box for Lynx since it first launched. My friend brought the bad boy over...your box looks to be in better shape than my friend's ever did!

EvilEvoIX

IMG

Got me one of these on the Cheap.  Works perfectly especially the Jail Bars.  Needs to be modded soon.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/21/2014, 01:20 PMGot me one of these on the Cheap.  Works perfectly especially the Jail Bars.  Needs to be modded soon. 
The jailbars are working perfectly?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/21/2014, 01:26 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/21/2014, 01:20 PMGot me one of these on the Cheap.  Works perfectly especially the Jail Bars.  Needs to be modded soon. 
Yup, as advertised.  All games are behind jail bars.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esadajr

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/21/2014, 02:35 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/21/2014, 01:26 PM
Yup, as advertised.  All games are behind jail bars.
That's what gives it character. I'm never modding my NES 2.
Gaming since 1985

bob

So that was all of them, huh?  I always thought my contacts just needed a cleaning, but i was too lazy to try.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2014, 08:54 PMFinally showing something else besides the Atari 2600 some pre-crash love.

/REficq5.jpg
/B22UjiC.jpg
First time I've seen a "CBS" Colecovision.

Was this one of those co-branding deals similar to that which Atari had with Sears stores?

Sparky

Quote from: galam on 10/21/2014, 05:35 PMSo that was all of them, huh?  I always thought my contacts just needed a cleaning, but i was too lazy to try.
I hate nintendo

cr8zykuban0

some recent stuff! special thanks to jelloslug for the controller! The Saturn controller and ps1 may look normal but....
IMG
the Saturn controller was rewired for dreamcast use
IMG
and the ps1 is actually a Japanese ps1 that I found at goodwill, will need to replace lazer lens :(
IMG

cjameslv

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/21/2014, 01:20 PMIMG

Got me one of these on the Cheap.  Works perfectly especially the Jail Bars.  Needs to be modded soon.
A modded Nes Jr. ? Pfft never heard of such crazy talk...
:-"
/RELIWi.jpg
/WNkMJH.jpg

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: cjameslv on 10/23/2014, 01:01 AMA modded Nes Jr. ? Pfft never heard of such crazy talk...
:-"
/RELIWi.jpg
/WNkMJH.jpg
wow, very cool. I would love to have a nes top loader av modded

VestCunt

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2014, 01:36 PMIMG

1) those books aren't worth that much. 2) if you don't know and don't care, then stay the fuck out of other people's hobbies, you fucking wannabe profiteer parasites.
Topic Adjourned.

xcrement5x

dem picos aren't going to pay for themselves

:pcgs:

esteban

I used to read the original D&D Monster Manual over and over when I was a kid.

Lots of fun.

Some things are are tattooed in my brain.

VenomMacbeth

No recent video games, but I did acquire a good many Machine Rowboats.

That lame red car guy in the front is one of the rarer figures of the line. :D

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

dingsbums

Flare65

My copy of Nightmare Busters finally arrived...

IMG

Mishran

Just sold some unwanted items and picked these up.

/IMG_2014102529221_zpsa5ddc917.jpg

Apologies for the bad image quality. My little girl chose the AC4 and the Lego game. :lol:

SuperGrafx

Quote from: Mishran on 10/25/2014, 07:38 PMJust sold some unwanted items and picked these up.
/IMG_2014102529221_zpsa5ddc917.jpg

Apologies for the bad image quality. My little girl chose the AC4 and the Lego game. :lol:
Looks like you'll be busy.

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc