OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 12/07/2014, 12:59 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/07/2014, 12:19 PMHow do you play an arcade shooter on a cry tv?

Hmmm I guess my question should be more how do you get an arcade light gun connected to play and be recognized by your jams harnest? 

Most light gun boards I have seen usually implement a new geo controller.  Granted it is all home made stuff so if you can make your own light gun to play jams and pcb board then I am sure you could make it to recognize a nam on light gun or something?  Hmmm
As long as you aren't overly harsh/blunt, you can get a cry TV to do a lot of things.
Naw I am always calling mine a fattie and that it needs to slim down like the newer model flatscreen in the living room

bob

couple bucks each at flea market today.

/games/grid.jpg[/img]

JapanTokei

Bluebeams - I loved PC Gamer too.  I think theh first issue I bought it came with a trial for MAster of Magic on floppy... that was awesome.  I bought their 1st issue (Wing Commander 3) that started to bundle CD discs and still saved the CD with the sleeve.  think I have it somewhere in my closet!!

I used to pour over this other PC Gaming mag, dont remember if its the same Strategy one you mentioned, just remember it was always pretty packed, thick mag filled with content.  Some good games back then:  Lands of Lore, Sam & Max, Days of Tentacle, Under a Killing Moon

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/30/2014, 07:32 PMI didn't read as many console game magazines back in the day but I did read a ton of PC gaming magazines.  I think I always liked Computer Games Strategy Plus and PC Gamer (with the little disks and later CDs for the "interactive" part)  Oh and Interactive Entertainment was always nice because they came with a free game.

"Now PC Gamer presents... the Kookaloo bird.... 'Kookaalalalooooo!'"

Digi.k

BlueBMW

So I see the stuff in games for the Amiibos but what exactly can you do with them?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

cr8zykuban0

some of my pickups from this weekend!
IMG

Medic_wheat

That Mario party looks like a fun drinking game in the making.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/10/2014, 09:34 PMThat Mario party looks like a fun drinking game in the making.
now that i think about it, it does! if you become last place in any mini game, you gotta take a shot!!!

wavering

I finally found the last US release Bust-A-Move game I needed.  Bust-A-Move 2 for Gameboy is mine after two years of searching.  Never thought this title would be the "rare" game that would keep from completing that series.

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/10/2014, 03:19 PMSo I see the stuff in games for the Amiibos but what exactly can you do with them?
You use 'em in a handful of games to get extra stuff, like in Mario Kart you get a racing suit for your Mii based on the Amiibo.  Think of them as DLC in physical form.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esadajr

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 12/10/2014, 09:09 PMsome of my pickups from this weekend!
What kind of PC will you use to play that Sonic and Knuckles?
Gaming since 1985

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: esadajr on 12/11/2014, 11:36 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 12/10/2014, 09:09 PMsome of my pickups from this weekend!
well it wont work on my pc so I guess im screwed  but it only costed me a buck so im not too worried about it

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 12/11/2014, 01:58 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 12/11/2014, 11:36 AM
well it wont work on my pc so I guess im screwed  but it only costed me a buck so im not too worried about it
What a PC port of a game?

Guess they will port it to the PS4 and call it the HD verson like Squar did with FF7

xcrement5x

IMG
That looks like a Blair Witch pickup picture.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Digi.k

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/10/2014, 03:19 PMSo I see the stuff in games for the Amiibos but what exactly can you do with them?
They are nintendo's answer to skylanders i guess.

I don't think you can get much out of them yet but some are getting very collectible as figurines.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 12/11/2014, 03:41 PM
IMG
That looks like a Blair Witch pickup picture.
sorry for the blurriness. i took it on my phone!

xcrement5x

Lol, I'm just trolling. 

Here's part of a slowboat shipment I got this week.  I'm still sorting through the other bits, but have been using these already.

IMG
2014-12-11 Doujin CDs by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A bunch of random doujin albums I had picked up cheaply.

Bottom row is all Cool & Create albums. Two random Touhou ones that were cheap, and one with remixes from shooters.

Top row is two Woodsoft titles, I seem to like what they have put out so I've been grabbing more albums when I find them. Top left looks like a preview for the tiny treasure series. Middle is PC Engine tunes (as you could probably guess from the cover).

Top right album is the Sing!! Sega Game Music album. This is a funky little album because not only does it have regular tracks on it, it's got a playable version of Teddy Boy for the Mega-CD on there too. I consider is a MegaCD game for this reason and had to have it so I snagged it at a low price at auction. More info here for anyone interested:
http://segaretro.org/SING!!_Sega_Game_Music_presented_by_B.B._Queens
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Digi.k on 12/11/2014, 08:05 PM
Yes, but WTF is Skylanders?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/12/2014, 12:45 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 12/11/2014, 08:05 PM
Yes, but WTF is Skylanders?
Never played it myself but it is a spin off of the spiral the dragon games where you collect these figures that use a platform (think e reader for the GBA) and can be used to directly add characters in the game instead of selecting a character.

So you are playing for the game

A set up to have your character read and inputed in said game

Various additional characters and boosters to affect game play or crest a team

In game staue are saved to said game statue

And now we have various imitators like Disney and now the Aminbos

At lest that is my take on what it is based on ads.

A much more expensive verson of the old e reader for the GBA.

I always thought fighting card games would be the one to use this platform more successfully but they have seemed to have found a market for this stuff.

esadajr

sort of like the Mattel Hyperscan, but with figurines
Gaming since 1985

bob

i found brave fencer for PS1 in perfect shape for $17 locally today.

cjameslv

Quote from: galam on 12/12/2014, 12:35 PMi found brave fencer for PS1 in perfect shape for $17 locally today.
Very nice score!

jeffhlewis

Recent stuff. The super fantasy zone was a goddamn steal on eBay - don't know how I got away with it. This is like the 8th version of revenge of shinobi I own, too. Never too much of a good thing!

IMG
IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 12/13/2014, 01:18 PMRecent stuff. The super fantasy zone was a goddamn steal on eBay - don't know how I got away with it. This is like the 8th version of revenge of shinobi I own, too. Never too much of a good thing!
IMG
IMG
IMG
Man all of that import goodness

Eyes can't take in all of that candy goodness.

cr8zykuban0

too much import goodness! love the megadrive collection in the background

EvilEvoIX

I got me one of them there Mega Drive clones.  This thing is BEYOND cheap and is mostly thin, empty plastic with no real quality to be found.  The controllers are equally thin and a lifeless D-Pad however it is a Mega Drive and plays games well and I can use y Original Sega Pads so there is that.  The sound is off on the games built in, especially Sonic which sounds VERY weird.  The Carts seems to play OK. 

IMG

SUPER GAMES!!!  It has Sonic Built in, Block out, Asteroids & PONG in black and white!!!

IMG
IMG

It came with two Multi Carts, they have Sunset Riders, Batman, Shinobi, Burning Knuckle, Super Hangon, Last Battle japanese version with blood everywhere, Flintstones, and some others,

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

It was $16 so why not right?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

VenomMacbeth

Shit that's worth it for the multicart alone.  Sunset Riders?  Moonwalker?  Shinobis?  Lots of goodness there. :)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/13/2014, 06:15 PMShit that's worth it for the multicart alone.  Sunset Riders?  Moonwalker?  Shinobis?  Lots of goodness there. :)
Does that multi cart play on a Real genny?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/13/2014, 06:59 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/13/2014, 06:15 PMShit that's worth it for the multicart alone.  Sunset Riders?  Moonwalker?  Shinobis?  Lots of goodness there. :)
Does that multi cart play on a Real genny?
I'll let you know. I haven't tried it yet.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Mathius

Jeff, your Mega Drive collection is disgusting. I puke at you in admiration.

VenomMacbeth

Out of curiosity, do any of the games on that multicart differ in any way from the originals?  I have this famicom "power joy" multicart & most of the games are unaltered, but there's this one version of Dig Dug with hello kitty shoehorned into it as the player character, simply dubbed "Kitty".  Seems like they traded one property to rip off for another. :/
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/13/2014, 04:07 PMI got me one of them there Mega Drive clones.  This thing is BEYOND cheap and is mostly thin, empty plastic with no real quality to be found.  The controllers are equally thin and a lifeless D-Pad however it is a Mega Drive and plays games well and I can use y Original Sega Pads so there is that.  The sound is off on the games built in, especially Sonic which sounds VERY weird.  The Carts seems to play OK. 

IMG

SUPER GAMES!!!  It has Sonic Built in, Block out, Asteroids & PONG in black and white!!!

IMG
IMG

It came with two Multi Carts, they have Sunset Riders, Batman, Shinobi, Burning Knuckle, Super Hangon, Last Battle japanese version with blood everywhere, Flintstones, and some others,

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

It was $16 so why not right?
i remember seeing this post on fb. i wanna say you went to chile and they had a lot of famicom clone games there?

munchiaz

Some stuff i picked up over the past few weeks. Thanks to Xele for the popful mail. If anyone has a loose copy of Robo Aleste they want to sell, let me know. The case is lonely.

IMG

I just got back from a vacation to my hometown Buffalo NY. Picked up this stuff while i was there. The bag contains sponge candy, which is regional due to the way its made.

IMG

Mathius

Oh wow, Ark. Congrats!

I'd recognize that head of hair anywhere.  :P

VenomMacbeth

Scored copies of Mizubaku Daibouken & Gradius Deluxx0rz Pakku (complete with paper Vic Viper ^.^) at the local game store today.  Payed $120.  Probably overpayed, but at least I don't have to wait for them to come in the mail.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

OldMan

QuoteThis guy looks familiar 
What magazine is that?

Arkhan Asylum

That might be the one from Europe with Pokemon on the cover that I didn't buy yet.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

Nice munchiaz!  Glad she made it to you safely, take good care of her :'(

Solid finds too, that RAM cart box looks to be in nice shape, it took me a long time of trawling ebay to get a boxed one. 

I hit the thrift last Friday and found some of my favorite stuff, SEGA GENESIS GAMES!

IMG
2014-12-12 Thrift Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Super Hang On
The Lion King
NHL 95
Spider-Man
Gold Game Genie
NHL Football '94

All these are super de-duper minty except for NHL 95.  I'm amazed, it's like they were opened once and only played a couple times.  The manuals and inserts don't even look like they were ever removed from the cases.

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2014, 10:42 AMNice munchiaz!  Glad she made it to you safely, take good care of her :'(

Solid finds too, that RAM cart box looks to be in nice shape, it took me a long time of trawling ebay to get a boxed one. 

I hit the thrift last Friday and found some of my favorite stuff, SEGA GENESIS GAMES!
Super Hang On
The Lion King
NHL 95
Spider-Man
Gold Game Genie
NHL Football '94

All these are super de-duper minty except for NHL 95.  I'm amazed, it's like they were opened once and only played a couple times.  The manuals and inserts don't even look like they were ever removed from the cases.
Montana 94 is the kind of game I played a couple times. I prefer Montana 2, that (along with Sonic) got me into the Genesis and changed my gaming history forever
Gaming since 1985

DragonmasterDan

I picked up these two things.
and
--DragonmasterDan

bob

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2014, 10:42 AMNice munchiaz!  Glad she made it to you safely, take good care of her :'(

IMG

Super Hang On
The Lion King
NHL 95
Spider-Man
Gold Game Genie
NHL Football '94

Sell me spiderman. I have wanted that for a while. I await your PM.

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/16/2014, 04:52 PMI picked up these two things.
and
Nice pickups, Dan. I think your Sony PVM may be the same model as mine. I'd like to find another just like it as mine has a little screen burn-in. Thankfully it isn't too noticeable with most games.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 12/16/2014, 08:46 PMNice pickups, Dan. I think your Sony PVM may be the same model as mine. I'd like to find another just like it as mine has a little screen burn-in. Thankfully it isn't too noticeable with most games.
The Ikegami has a little screen burn in as well. Is that the PVM BMW gave you at VGS a few years back?
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 12/16/2014, 09:09 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/16/2014, 08:46 PMNice pickups, Dan. I think your Sony PVM may be the same model as mine. I'd like to find another just like it as mine has a little screen burn-in. Thankfully it isn't too noticeable with most games.
The Ikegami has a little screen burn in as well. Is that the PVM BMW gave you at VGS a few years back?
Yep :)

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2014, 09:15 PMI just got back from a vacation to my hometown Buffalo NY. Picked up this stuff while i was there. The bag contains sponge candy, which is regional due to the way its made.

IMG
oh god, sponge candy!
haven't had that in years, so good.

also, how's the new guilty gear?

munchiaz

Quote from: bartre on 12/16/2014, 09:17 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2014, 09:15 PMI just got back from a vacation to my hometown Buffalo NY. Picked up this stuff while i was there. The bag contains sponge candy, which is regional due to the way its made.

IMG
oh god, sponge candy!
haven't had that in years, so good.

also, how's the new guilty gear?
Sponge candy is so good. I brought a bunch in to work today for my co-workers. So far Guilty Gear is pretty good. I've only played it twice so far, and its going to be on the back burner for a bit until after i take a Cisco exam on 12/29

xcrement5x

Quote from: galam on 12/16/2014, 06:57 PM

IMG

Super Hang On
The Lion King
NHL 95
Spider-Man
Gold Game Genie
NHL Football '94

Sell me spiderman. I have wanted that for a while. I await your PM.
Sorry to disappoint, that is one I want to keep actually since I didn't have it either.  Now if you're interested in a copy of Lion King I may be able to help you out... ;)

Opethian

IMG

one of the few things I did open early
teh lummy!
IMG

Digi.k

got the villager amiibo today .. two of them, they getting harder to buy at the normal retail price.

/P1020427.jpg

VenomMacbeth

I would love the amiibo thingies if 1. They were $5 each and 2. They didn't have that interactivity thing with the wii, which I care nothing about.  Instead of these, I would have loved to have figures styled properly after the "trophies" but with articulation.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!