OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2015, 11:32 AMNice!  I have been keeping an eye out for a copy of Gargoyles for a long time but have yet to find a copy locally.
It is one of those things I bought on line a year or two back because I never found it then the weekend after I bought it I found it locally loose.  Lol.

Medic_wheat

So here is some stuff. 

IMG

IMG

This is a game I have been very interested to see if it is worth it. Or would have been best to get the Genesis versions. Will have to play and find out.

IMG

IMG

A few loose SEGA cd. Can't beat the cheap prices and now I can just print covers for them.

IMG

FINALLY snagged one for under $60. Just needed to wait young grass hopper.

Or you know someone could find it for $3 and send it my way.

bob

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/19/2015, 10:09 PMIMG

FINALLY snagged one for under $60. Just needed to wait young grass hopper.

Or you know someone could find it for $3 and send it my way.
I found one for $7 a few months ago. It gave me faith in thrifting again.

Mathius

^^Take the ad's advice and invest in a back-up RAM cart for the Sega CD. Shining Force is a memory hog I hear.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 02/19/2015, 10:41 PM^^Take the ad's advice and invest in a back-up RAM cart for the Sega CD. Shining Force is a memory hog I hear.
I have one the original but  plan on getting one of those newer ones that hold way more memory

JapanTokei

I second Matti on Ranma.  Best digital manga game IMO .. Though I haven't tried out the Cobra series.  Graphics is amazing as are the full speech for a regular CD game.

As for psychic storm... I didnt love it as much..  I thought the side scrolling action pace was too slow..  Like Sinistron slow...  And I didn't like sinistron as well.. 

Quote from: Mathius on 02/17/2015, 11:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/17/2015, 10:10 PMGot these this week.  I HIGHLY recommend Psychic Storm. Awesome shewty!!
/e53c69774de4ce02a6a70f308bfb163d.jpg
Ranma1/2 is hilarious even if you don't speak Japanese, which I don't.

xcrement5x

Yeah, you need to the backup RAM card to keep your saves and access all the scenarios for SF CD. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PunkCryborg

PCB I've been after for years now!
IMG
IMG
Also got this cool stick in a random CL deal. Dude came to buy something, saw my games and was like "do you want this joystick I've had in my car for months" so I just traded him for it :D
With the right adapters I can use this for my X6800 and Pc Engine!!
IMG

cjameslv

Grats on the pcb! I know its addiction well  :lol: That stick is really interesting! Does it use arcade switches?

PunkCryborg

Quote from: cjameslv on 02/20/2015, 12:02 PMGrats on the pcb! I know its addiction well  :lol: That stick is really interesting! Does it use arcade switches?
Yes it has a Sanwa JLW which came stock with this stick!

Also got this last month from Owlanonymous
IMG
IMG

richc

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: richc on 02/20/2015, 12:24 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Bloody-Wolf-TurboGrafx-16-1990-Complete-/361215517501?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=KPOG2XQt9mqV2ZxyjPTWb62E4Ig%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Won this one today!  Played a bit of it a long time ago and I remember the soundtrack and gameplay was really good.
Ha, I was gonna shoot for that one until it went up too high, so I just bought this one for about $1.50-$2 less.

http://ebay.to/1FDoy8o

I needed a copy, since I'm raffling off my PCE version. :D
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/20/2015, 12:16 PM
Quote from: cjameslv on 02/20/2015, 12:02 PMGrats on the pcb! I know its addiction well  :lol: That stick is really interesting! Does it use arcade switches?
Yes it has a Sanwa JLW which came stock with this stick!

IMG
IMG
I actually liked Victory Road. Tough as balls. I mostly played the NES version. Still tough as balls. But it had a wonderful atmosphere, character design, and I never came close to beating it legitimately. I got pretty far, all things considered, but...wow, my butt was always handed to me at some point.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

richc

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2015, 01:27 PM
Quote from: richc on 02/20/2015, 12:24 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Bloody-Wolf-TurboGrafx-16-1990-Complete-/361215517501?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=KPOG2XQt9mqV2ZxyjPTWb62E4Ig%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Won this one today!  Played a bit of it a long time ago and I remember the soundtrack and gameplay was really good.
Ha, I was gonna shoot for that one until it went up too high, so I just bought this one for about $1.50-$2 less.

http://ebay.to/1FDoy8o

I needed a copy, since I'm raffling off my PCE version. :D
I kept looking for a BIN of it but I couldn't find any.  I was going to shoot for a PCE one but it does require some reading.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/20/2015, 12:16 PMYes it has a Sanwa JLW which came stock with this stick!

Hah victory road, Ikari in SPACE. The first one I'm not sure how it is regarded as a classic, but the second one really is quarter munching bullshit from start to finish. Never understood the first portion of the beggining's voice sample, if I remember correctly the last half was something like "you can't escape come get me if you can", no idea what it's being said other than that.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

EvilEvoIX

Today was a good Craigslist find.  This ad had went up about 15 mins before I started searching so I jumped on it.  The seller posted his number and a price which was $50.  I paid $50 for all of this stuff on the spot.  I am not too keen on Nintendo pricing but I figured 24 Nes/N64 titles and now this is my 4th Game Gear but I got a couple of games that I didn't have before.  I figured it's less than $2 a game plus a Game Gear and the system bag plus the two game boxes.

The NES games were all new to me except Ducktales which now I have two copies.  I am beginning to get a decent NES setup but I won't go nuts.

After digging through the NES box that came with the set I found a "Hommie".  Who remembers those?

The Yo Bro is a Raffle I won.  I am
currently raffling off The Legendary Ax.  The drawing is March 1st for those who want in.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

poponon

So jelly of the arcade PCBs. I've been thinking about getting that lately but I'm going to wait and enjoy my recent purchases before going down that rabbit hole. Been eyeing the CPS2 multicart, and have been wondering the possibility of converting some of the games on the cart.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2015, 11:33 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/20/2015, 12:16 PMYes it has a Sanwa JLW which came stock with this stick!

Hah victory road, Ikari in SPACE. The first one I'm not sure how it is regarded as a classic, but the second one really is quarter munching bullshit from start to finish. Never understood the first portion of the beggining's voice sample, if I remember correctly the last half was something like "you can't escape come get me if you can", no idea what it's being said other than that.
Yup :)

I don't understand why the first Ikari Warriors is *still* thought of as a classic.

I respect the fact that it had *grand ambitions* (think of all the weapons, the fact that you can hop into tanks, the arcade control sticks are awesome)

BUT THE HORRID CONTROL and painfully slow execution of the game really, really hurts it.

Difficulty is not what killed it...the controls do.

The thought of a tweaked Ikari Warriors with excellent controls is very appealing to me. 

IKARI WARRIORS IN SPACE: VICTORY ROAD is exactly what you said: an unapologetic quarter-muncher. I mean DAMN.

I played it in the arcade but got hardly anywhere, because I needed to get my money's worth (that's why I have fond memories of easy games like Robocop...)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/21/2015, 02:02 AMToday was a good Craigslist find.  This ad had went up about 15 mins before I started searching so I jumped on it.  The seller posted his number and a price which was $50.  I paid $50 for all of this stuff on the spot.  I am not too keen on Nintendo pricing but I figured 24 Nes/N64 titles and now this is my 4th Game Gear but I got a couple of games that I didn't have before.  I figured it's less than $2 a game plus a Game Gear and the system bag plus the two game boxes.

The NES games were all new to me except Ducktales which now I have two copies.  I am beginning to get a decent NES setup but I won't go nuts.

After digging through the NES box that came with the set I found a "Hommie".  Who remembers those?

currently raffling off The Legendary Ax.  The drawing is March 1st for those who want in.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
Great price. Worth it for casalvania III, battle toads, bubble Bobble, TMNT III, duck tales, and that N64 case (which I use for SNES loose games personally).

Those items on eBay go for well over $50 as a bundle.  Heck if that bundle alone was on eBay someone would ask for $140-&170 and any offer in the $50 would be ignored.

Also that Tiny Toon game is a hidden gem IMO. But a cheap game at the moment even on eBay.

So yeah. Mega deal. I am not versed in Game Gear games so yeah.

The bugs bunny game I had as a kid and thought it was okay. But I doubt as Ana adult is enjoy it at all.

TurboGrafx

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/21/2015, 02:02 AMToday was a good Craigslist find.  This ad had went up about 15 mins before I started searching so I jumped on it.  The seller posted his number and a price which was $50.  I paid $50 for all of this stuff on the spot.  I am not too keen on Nintendo pricing but I figured 24 Nes/N64 titles and now this is my 4th Game Gear but I got a couple of games that I didn't have before.  I figured it's less than $2 a game plus a Game Gear and the system bag plus the two game boxes.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
Congrats!  =D>

Medic_wheat

Picked up a new poster.

It is. Mondo print of the first alone movie. Artist interpretation of a movie poster. Has the word Aline on it to but I had trouble taking a good pic with how it would curl from either end.

IMG

Mathius

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 02/21/2015, 10:27 AM^^Sweet poster!
Thanks unlike nearly all Mondo poster prints you can actually find this on eBay for just $15.

Most other mondo prints from what I have seen rang in the $150-$400 depending on subject and limitless of print run.

Maybe I will buy an extra and raffle it. 

At $15 it would be a fun and cheap raffle.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/21/2015, 10:20 AMPicked up a new poster.

It is. Mondo print of the first alone movie. Artist interpretation of a movie poster. Has the word Aline on it to but I had trouble taking a good pic with how it would curl from either end.

IMG
Back in my poster collecting days, I would have loved that.

The posters were replaced by bookshelves for the video game collection :P

VenomMacbeth

Can't remember if I posted this or not, but the lady bought me a copy of Tengen Tetris on the NES as a late Xmas present.  She's withholding it for some "game" she's got planned for me...hm...

Anyway, I got to play it a bit when it arrived I'm the mail, and it is a pretty fun version of the game.  The music seems a bit weak, but otherwise the gameplay & graphics are simple and splendid.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/21/2015, 11:13 AMCan't remember if I posted this or not, but the lady bought me a copy of Tengen Tetris on the NES as a late Xmas present.  She's withholding it for some "game" she's got planned for me...hm...

Anyway, I got to play it a bit when it arrived I'm the mail, and it is a pretty fun version of the game.  The music seems a bit weak, but otherwise the gameplay & graphics are simple and splendid. 
Don't forget the safety word or that "game" could turn out badly.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: esteban on 02/21/2015, 06:39 AMYup :)

I don't understand why the first Ikari Warriors is *still* thought of as a classic.

I respect the fact that it had *grand ambitions* (think of all the weapons, the fact that you can hop into tanks, the arcade control sticks are awesome)

BUT THE HORRID CONTROL and painfully slow execution of the game really, really hurts it.

Difficulty is not what killed it...the controls do.

The thought of a tweaked Ikari Warriors with excellent controls is very appealing to me. 

IKARI WARRIORS IN SPACE: VICTORY ROAD is exactly what you said: an unapologetic quarter-muncher. I mean DAMN.

I played it in the arcade but got hardly anywhere, because I needed to get my money's worth (that's why I have fond memories of easy games like Robocop...)
I like these games because I really like the rotary stick gimmick. Yeah they are hard but you just have to go a little slower and chip your way through the level. I think Ikari is great especially compared to the other military shooters at the time like Mercs and commando.
Quote from: poponon on 02/21/2015, 02:18 AMSo jelly of the arcade PCBs. I've been thinking about getting that lately but I'm going to wait and enjoy my recent purchases before going down that rabbit hole. Been eyeing the CPS2 multicart, and have been wondering the possibility of converting some of the games on the cart.
Its not a cheap hobby but I have cabs to run them in and you gotta have some good games if you have cabs. If I didnt i'd probably stick with mame and ports. Arcade PCBs are old and fragile and can be frustrating to own if you dont normally tinker with electronics

SuperDeadite

Ikari is tough but very beatable.  Controls are fine with practice.  Victory Road is all about the sword, lose the sword and you lose.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

poponon

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/21/2015, 03:24 PMIts not a cheap hobby but I have cabs to run them in and you gotta have some good games if you have cabs. If I didnt i'd probably stick with mame and ports. Arcade PCBs are old and fragile and can be frustrating to own if you dont normally tinker with electronics
I really enjoy tinkering with electronics so that'll be part of the fun. I'm looking forward to doing conversions to make the more expensive titles. So much choice in designing a cab though, video hookups, the monitor itself, joystick+button choice, tate or not, supergun or not, etc etc. Alot to think about

Medic_wheat

Quote from: synbiosfan on 02/21/2015, 10:54 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/21/2015, 10:20 AMPicked up a new poster.

IMG
Back in my poster collecting days, I would have loved that.

The posters were replaced by bookshelves for the video game collection :P
The more I look at it the more I think 69.

bartre

suck it bitches.

/20150221_173303_zpswolq9m6b.jpg

Mathius

Opethian

IMG

SamIAm

I don't have a camera to take a better picture, just my laptop, but I spent just a few bucks on some things and was able to make this for my Virtual Boy:

IMG

It works freaking beautifully. If you've ever played a Virtual Boy for more than 20 minutes, you know that the real problem with the system isn't the red, it's that it hurts to play it. If you use the stand and put it on a desk, you have to hunch over and strain your shoulders/neck/back. If you lie down, the system itself is pretty heavy and can fall off your face, so you have to remain perfectly still. I used to recline in my chair and put the stand on my arms, but I still couldn't budge, and my arms would fall asleep. Coming out of a 30 minute session felt like waking up from surgery.

This is a great solution. All the weight of the system is held by the ropes, and the head-strap keeps the system in place. I can lean my head back on my chair, fidget all I like, and play this thing with nearly the same level of comfort as watching a normal TV.

cjameslv

Quote from: SamIAm on 02/22/2015, 09:13 PMI don't have a camera to take a better picture, just my laptop, but I spent just a few bucks on some things and was able to make this for my Virtual Boy:

IMG

It works freaking beautifully. If you've ever played a Virtual Boy for more than 20 minutes, you know that the real problem with the system isn't the red, it's that it hurts to play it. If you use the stand and put it on a desk, you have to hunch over and strain your shoulders/neck/back. If you lie down, the system itself is pretty heavy and can fall off your face, so you have to remain perfectly still. I used to recline in my chair and put the stand on my arms, but I still couldn't budge, and my arms would fall asleep. Coming out of a 30 minute session felt like waking up from surgery.

This is a great solution. All the weight of the system is held by the ropes, and the head-strap keeps the system in place. I can lean my head back on my chair, fidget all I like, and play this thing with nearly the same level of comfort as watching a normal TV.
SAM!! That pic is from the future! Crazy though figured in the future people would use full color vr headsets not mono red...

Mathius

synbiosfan

It's a fun system in short bursts.

I'm glad yours arrived safely. I sold one last year and it arrived with one of the lenses not working. I found out it's common and there's a fix at least. I still felt bad so I gave a full refund and sent links for the fix.

xcrement5x

It looks like one of those hanging sex chairs, but for a Virtual Boy. 

I am.... intrigued.   :shock:

SamIAm

Here's what I did in a little more detail. Bear in mind, this all cost about $5.

IMG

Above my chair is a hanging light fixture. I attached to it this doohickey, which was originally built for a headrest of a front seat of a car so that you could hang your suits or your purse or whatever.

IMG

To that doohickey, I attached two loops of elastic rope. These came with s-hooks on them, as well as a length-adjustment bit. Don't worry, the light fixture's weight tolerance is in no danger of being exceeded.

IMG
IMG

Those are shoelaces. New shoelaces, of course. You can see how the goggle side is shaped is such a way that the strings won't slide off, but the other side isn't, so I had to tie them together there. This also makes a great place to put a head strap. Additionally, the s-hooks can be moved back and forth to adjust the forward tilt of the unit.

IMG

Finally, the headstrap. This is the part I'd kind of like to replace, since it was not made for a head, but for tying books together. It's not elastic, and it doesn't grip quite as well as it could. Nonetheless, it's adjustable, and it has velcro, which is easy to deal with when you can't see anything because you've put the Virtual Boy up to your face.

IMG

Whoa yeah, baby. I could play this all day.

EDIT: Great avatar, or greatest avatar?

ToyMachine78

bob

Quote from: SamIAm*PICTURES*
Innovations finest hour.
And i love the blatant disregard for the light on the ceiling.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SamIAm on 02/22/2015, 09:13 PMIt works freaking beautifully. If you've ever played a Virtual Boy for more than 20 minutes, you know that the real problem with the system isn't the red, it's that it hurts to play it. If you use the stand and put it on a desk, you have to hunch over and strain your shoulders/neck/back. If you lie down, the system itself is pretty heavy and can fall off your face, so you have to remain perfectly still. I used to recline in my chair and put the stand on my arms, but I still couldn't budge, and my arms would fall asleep. Coming out of a 30 minute session felt like waking up from surgery.
What works for me is reclining back on a recliner or pillows at an angle and setting the virtual boy that way. You don't have all the weight going straight down on your face and it's not likely to slide off unless you move around a lot.
--DragonmasterDan

SamIAm

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/23/2015, 07:06 AMWhat works for me is reclining back on a recliner or pillows at an angle and setting the virtual boy that way. You don't have all the weight going straight down on your face and it's not likely to slide off unless you move around a lot.
That's pretty much what I did before. About half the weight was going down on my face, and the other half on my forearms through the stands.

It's better than lying down or using a desk, but trust me, this is better.

Quote from: galam on 02/23/2015, 07:03 AMInnovations finest hour.
And i love the blatant disregard for the light on the ceiling.
Thanks!
The ropes detach very easily because they use s-hooks, so it's really no big deal. :)

synbiosfan

Is it DoxPhile endorsed/approved?

NecroPhile

Put a wing on it and evo will bite.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SkyeWelse

Haha, move over Oculus Rift! Suspension Virtual Boy is such a clever idea. Nice job with that setup!  =D>

-Thomas

esadajr

/IMG_20150221_154344.jpg

Real floppy and amiiboner.
Gaming since 1985

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esadajr on 02/23/2015, 10:23 AM/IMG_20150221_154344.jpg

Real floppy and amiiboner.
It's still weird to see Nintendo release Sega stuff.

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 02/23/2015, 03:33 AMHere's what I did in a little more detail. Bear in mind, this all cost about $5.

IMG

Above my chair is a hanging light fixture. I attached to it this doohickey, which was originally built for a headrest of a front seat of a car so that you could hang your suits or your purse or whatever.

IMG

To that doohickey, I attached two loops of elastic rope. These came with s-hooks on them, as well as a length-adjustment bit. Don't worry, the light fixture's weight tolerance is in no danger of being exceeded.

IMG
IMG

Those are shoelaces. New shoelaces, of course. You can see how the goggle side is shaped is such a way that the strings won't slide off, but the other side isn't, so I had to tie them together there. This also makes a great place to put a head strap. Additionally, the s-hooks can be moved back and forth to adjust the forward tilt of the unit.

IMG

Finally, the headstrap. This is the part I'd kind of like to replace, since it was not made for a head, but for tying books together. It's not elastic, and it doesn't grip quite as well as it could. Nonetheless, it's adjustable, and it has velcro, which is easy to deal with when you can't see anything because you've put the Virtual Boy up to your face.

IMG

EDIT: Great avatar, or greatest avatar?
THIS SHOULD BE ITS OWN DAMN THREAD, because I love the suspended VB...it is both an art installation and practical solution to VBB (VirtualBoyBlues).

I love the pictures: without having them, the grand scale of things would be lost.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esadajr on 02/23/2015, 10:23 AMReal floppy
Where'd you get the floppy drive? Is it a new product (doubtful since it's not USB), and if not, does it work fine with Win7/8? I've been thinking of getting one, but I hear bad things about the USB ones.