@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/10/2015, 11:39 AM
Quote from: esteban on 02/10/2015, 02:00 AMSo, I watched some "how to play pachinko" videos (6-12 months ago?) and it shows folks twisting a "knob"....I thought it varied the rate of fire. So is the rate of balls shooting constant, but you adjust the speed they launch at? Or is it a "combo" adjusting both "rate of fire" and "velocity"?

I have problems. I know.
The knob is just for velocity - rotate it left or right to aim where the balls land at the top after shooting up the side.  You press button I to fire; I just held it down, letting it fire away as the balls fell back down while I fiddled with the velocity.
Awesome, thank you. That makes sense. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 02/10/2015, 11:39 AMThe knob is just for velocity - rotate it left or right to aim where the balls land at the top after shooting up the side.  You press button I to fire; I just held it down, letting it fire away as the balls fell back down while I fiddled with the velocity.
This is either very interesting or very dirty...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/10/2015, 04:08 PMThis is either very interesting or very dirty...
Get yer mind out of the gutter.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

I just pre-ordered:

ZeldaComic.webp

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Comic) off Amazon.  This is GREAT! as this is a collected edition of the comics that ran on older 90's Nintendo Power Magazine's.  I know that there was already a collected edition of this comic but on ebay it ranged between $80-120 dollars depending on conditon.  We this is a re-release (unfortatnly not hardbound sigh) and it is going for $12 as a pre-order.  So that was an easy buy for me.

I also bought "The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers: Gold" (the cover they had on it was not that creepy one from the kick starter, but a more appealing (to me) cover of various 8 bit ish charactors with the title's colors minicing the color of the Japan Natioanl Flag.  Or at lest I hope that is the verson I will get as they showed two alt covers the one described an a sort of "Scott Pilgram" looking cover that was in yellow and orange that was meh at best.  After hearing so much I felt reading the book was the least I could do since it has been universly praised for its content if nothing else.

I also bout one other gaming related book called: "The 100 Greatest Console Video Games: 1977-1987".

Some books I have been intersted in but have yet to buy include:

"Service Games: The Rise and Fall of SEGA: Enhanced Edition"

"MM25: Mega Man & Mega Man X Official Complete Works " Man I wish this was hardbound

I have a few very few gaming related books like "Ultimate History of Video Games", "101 games to paly before you die", and "The Art of Video Games: From Pac-Man to Mass Effect" but I am always looking for more good reads and intersting books...for either their content, quick refferance guiads and what not.

esadajr

cause, sure, why not?

/IMG_20150209_212121.jpg
Gaming since 1985

Digi.k

Quote from: esadajr on 02/10/2015, 05:30 PMcause, sure, why not?

/IMG_20150209_212121.jpg
oh man those days... also I had a very similar get up with the commodore 64 using the atari joystick and also had a few game cartridges too.

anyway haven't imported much lately except today.  region free puyo puyo tetris

/185b67a2bf83f6461107854ec01aa754.jpg

cjameslv

/IMG_20150209_212121.jpg
Damn! That looks to be in great condition and pretty complete  8)

SuperGrafx

How much did that Puyo Puyo XB One game go for?

cr8zykuban0

damn puyo puyo tetris? damn that's hella sick! why cant they release that here?

Digi.k

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 02/10/2015, 09:11 PMHow much did that Puyo Puyo XB One game go for?
got it from playasia but I had to pay custom fees... which pissed me off.  The other thing I don't like is on playasia's website it is not clear at all on how to cancel an item before shipping.

Might be better to get it from a japanese seller on ebay.

Puyo Puyo tetris is multi platform but I don't know if the others are region free.

Bloufo

$10 each.

I know next to nothing wrt MVS carts. Whether they're fake/bootleg/whatever.
But for a total of $50 I wasn't passing this up.

/30bcvtc.jpg

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/11/2015, 10:09 AM$10 each.

/30bcvtc.jpg
Holy crap!  Bootlegs or not, that's a steal!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Opethian

if SVC chaos is a the plus version(hack) its better than the original as you can choose all 12 of the hidden characters
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/11/2015, 10:09 AM$10 each.

/30bcvtc.jpg
Holy crap!  Bootlegs or not, that's a steal!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Bloufo

Thing is I have no way to test them.
I have a regular AES but no cart adapter or whatever you need for those MVS's.
So for now they'll be collecting dust. :p

cjameslv

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/11/2015, 10:33 AMThing is I have no way to test them.
I have a regular AES but no cart adapter or whatever you need for those MVS's.
So for now they'll be collecting dust. :p
Nice find! Might be better off grabbing a neo cab or go the mvs/supergun route, although cabs seem to be the cheapest option. I know here in vegas people have neo cabs for a couple hundred bucks.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: esadajr on 02/10/2015, 05:30 PM/IMG_20150209_212121.jpg
Anyone besides me ever notice that Atari's gun looks suspiciously like Sega's Light Phaser? Anyone have an explanation for this?

IMG

cjameslv

Well at least they waited 2 years after sega released this in japan before they released it's clone in america  :shock:

xcrement5x

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/11/2015, 12:12 PMAnyone besides me ever notice that Atari's gun looks suspiciously like Sega's Light Phaser? Anyone have an explanation for this?

IMG
I posit that Atari executives became really enamored with Zillion!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

cr8zykuban0

geezuz christ that neo mvs grab!!!! and I dont have any of those titles?

I have a cmvs but im hoping to get a cab soon

Digi.k

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 02/10/2015, 09:11 PMHow much did that Puyo Puyo XB One game go for?
apparently this site is pretty cheap but I haven't used them yet

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/japanese-video-games-xbox-one/10523-xbox-one-puyopuyo-tetris.html

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 02/10/2015, 11:32 PMdamn puyo puyo tetris? damn that's hella sick! why cant they release that here?
Doubt it would happen I think Ubisoft now holds the license for the Tetris name in the west.

Corredor X

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/11/2015, 12:12 PMAnyone besides me ever notice that Atari's gun looks suspiciously like Sega's Light Phaser? Anyone have an explanation for this?
Yeah, they look very similar, but the ZX Spectrum one is the king of the Light Phaser clones:

IMG

A very famous famiclone in Brazil used the XE light gun mold it for its own, BTW: 

DynavisionTurboFlashPistola.webp

That does not surprise me at all, since our best famiclone had the shape of an Atari 7800  :mrgreen:

Psycho Punch

Looks like I have a brazilian friend in this forum. :3
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

xcrement5x

I hit the thrift last night and found some goodies!

IMG
2015-02-11 Pioneer CT-1270wr by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A Pioneer CT-1270wr Cassette Tape Deck!

So, I've had my eye on this at the thrift for the last couple weeks.  It finally went on half price sale yesterday so I grabbed it after work for about $7.   I just love how cool it looks and this means I can finally listen to my old tapes too.

It still works and sounds great, but without an equalizer or such (the matching EQ was sold last week for $4 but I missed it) I need to use speakers with audio controls on them.  The checkout lady even gave me the random tape that was sitting in the unit as well, it's some random new age music.

Plussss.....

IMG
2015-02-11 Marvel Pogs and Namco TV Game by xcrement5x, on Flickr

While perusing the thrift the other day I also came across these awesome items. 

A Marvel Heroes Official POG Association Game which was fully complete with all pogs, 2 slammers, play board and instructions.  There are actually more Marvel Pogs than the box says there should be so I dunno where the extras came from.   For those wondering, I saw POGS and I instantly thought of Arkhan.

A Namco Classics Plug and play TV game thingy.  It still has working batteries too and is going to be one of the early ways I play on introducing my daughter to games. 

5 foot ethernet cable.  It was 50c and I'll probably just gut it for the wires on some mods I plan to be doing.

EDIT:
This just landed on my desk too from the mail deliveries.
IMG
2015-02-12 PC Engine Popful Mail Sample Version by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Wooohoo!! New stuff to add to my Popful Mail collection. 

I got this from the awesome kisaku who happened to have an extra.  Thank you again my friend!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CPTRAVE

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/11/2015, 12:12 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 02/10/2015, 05:30 PM[/IMG_20150209_212121.jpg
Anyone besides me ever notice that Atari's gun looks suspiciously like Sega's Light Phaser? Anyone have an explanation for this?

IMG
WTH! I had totally forgot about that system. I used to have that. I think bug hunt might have been one of those games I used to play. I dont think I enjoyed it much though.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/12/2015, 11:51 AMI hit the thrift last night and found some goodies!

IMG

So, I've had my eye on this at the thrift for the last couple weeks.  It finally went on half price sale yesterday so I grabbed it after work for about $7.   I just love how cool it looks and this means I can finally listen to my old tapes too.

It still works and sounds great, but without an equalizer or such (the matching EQ was sold last week for $4 but I missed it) I need to use speakers with audio controls on them.  The checkout lady even gave me the random tape that was sitting in the unit as well, it's some random new age music.

Plussss.....

IMG

A Marvel Heroes Official POG Association Game which was fully complete with all pogs, 2 slammers, play board and instructions.  There are actually more Marvel Pogs than the box says there should be so I dunno where the extras came from.   For those wondering, I saw POGS and I instantly thought of Arkhan.

A Namco Classics Plug and play TV game thingy.  It still has working batteries too and is going to be one of the early ways I play on introducing my daughter to games. 

5 foot ethernet cable.  It was 50c and I'll probably just gut it for the wires on some mods I plan to be doing.

EDIT:
IMG

I got this from the awesome kisaku who happened to have an extra.  Thank you again my friend!
All cool finds.  You have some good speakers to hook that up to??

JapanTokei

tape decks + amps rock!  I had one until the early 2000s.... wish I kept it. 

Quote from: guest on 02/12/2015, 11:51 AMI hit the thrift last night and found some goodies!

IMG

Plussss.....

IMG

EDIT:
IMG

SuperGrafx

/IMG_20150209_212121.jpg
it just dawned on me that I have one of those beige/black Atari joysticks.
Never knew where it came from, but it appears to have been part of the XE set!

xcrement5x

Thanks guys!  I will probably just be using headphones for now since I don't have anything that would go too well with the tape deck for now except some older speakers.  I have am slowly piecing together a sound system from what comes into the local thrift.

MrFlutterPie

/JnYBZ1T.jpg

Ultimate warrior is the real winner here.  It feels like the spiritual successor to China Warrior only better.  I really enjoy it.

roflmao

This came in the mail today:
IMG
Thanks again, grache!

vmorr

I thought this was really cool for $8. Minus a tear by the top right flap it's like new. Didn't know there was an official NES cleaner.

/2rxafc9.jpg

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: vmorr on 02/14/2015, 03:31 PMI thought this was really cool for $8. Minus a tear by the top right flap it's like new. Didn't know there was an official NES cleaner.
/2rxafc9.jpg
That is pretty cool!  I've got one of those still in shrink wrap, though your seems to have different box art than mine.  I'll have to dig it out & see for sure.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-02-13 President's Day Sale Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I swung by the local media store the other day to see if there was anything decent.  Normally this place is devoid of deals since a reseller's wife works there and picks over almost everything that shows up that I might want, but I found a couple things that I wanted at not-too-outrageous prices.

Pokemon Channel [GCN]
Sonic Gems Collection[GCN]

Both the Gamecube games had minty cases so I was pretty excited.  Pokemon Channel seems to have all the inserts and even the original e-reader cards.  Sonic Gems looks great on the case,  but the disc is a bit scratched up and appears resurfaced.  It still works though so I won't complain too much.  I've wanted this for awhile since it's basically the only way to play Sonic The Fighters the arcade fighting game with Sonic characters. 

Flash Focus [DS]
Personal Trainer: Cooking [DS]
System Flaw [DSi]

All the DS games were cheapies.  The 2 touch generations games I basically grabbed since they were complete and I'm hoping the Club Nintendo codes are still good.  System Flaw I grabbed because I don't own any DSi specific titles.  These look pretty crazy, I thought it was a 3DS game at first but the case/layout is a bit deceptive.

NecroPhile

For a second, I thought that said Flan.  Este would've been all over it.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/16/2015, 03:09 PMFor a second, I thought that said Flan.  Este would've been all over it.  :mrgreen:
Absolutely. :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/16/2015, 03:09 PMFor a second, I thought that said Flan.  Este would've been all over it.  :mrgreen:
So did I

Now I want Flan. 

It's like Mexican Jello.  But a custered.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/16/2015, 02:06 PMIMG

Pokemon Channel [GCN]
I just picked up Sonic zgs as well for the same reasons few days ago off eBay I got it for $15 plus shipping. I guess it is also a way to play Sonic CD should my Sega CD ever decide to hate me.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/16/2015, 08:07 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/16/2015, 02:06 PMIMG

Pokemon Channel [GCN]
I just picked up Sonic zgs as well for the same reasons few days ago off eBay I got it for $15 plus shipping. I guess it is also a way to play Sonic CD should my Sega CD ever decide to hate me.
Yeah I paid $15 each for Sonic Gems and Pokemon Channel.  Neither was a great deal but shopping locally at least I can easily return stuff if there are issues.  The DS games were like $3 each.

esadajr

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/16/2015, 08:07 PM...I guess it is also a way to play Sonic CD should my Sega CD ever decide to hate me.
Not really since it is based on the PC version. Don't take me wrong, for its time it is a great port but not Sega CD quality. The greatest port ever is Taxman's version on XBLA.

The best reason imo for getting Sonic Gems is Sonic Fighters and even that one is on XBLA these days.
Gaming since 1985

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esadajr on 02/17/2015, 11:25 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/16/2015, 08:07 PM...I guess it is also a way to play Sonic CD should my Sega CD ever decide to hate me.
Not really since it is based on the PC version. Don't take me wrong, for its time it is a great port but not Sega CD quality. The greatest port ever is Taxman's version on XBLA.

The best reason imo for getting Sonic Gems is Sonic Fighters and even that one is on XBLA these days.
I had heard Sonic CD has a HD port of sorts on PSN and XBoxlive. Have yet to check it out. I had assumed it was a HD port of the PC Verson like most older games have gotten like Grim Fandango and FF7.

Phase

blueraven

Got these today at the thrift for pennies.

IMG

If you want to pay shipping I will send them to you FREE, see this thread for details.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8921.0

ToyMachine78

Got these this week.  I HIGHLY recommend Psychic Storm. Awesome shewty!!

/e53c69774de4ce02a6a70f308bfb163d.jpg

Medic_wheat

That Gargoyles Genesis game is also very very good.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/17/2015, 10:28 PMThat Gargoyles Genesis game is also very very good.
Yes, the art and sprite animation is very well done.

Bloufo

CD-i  light gun and game.

Because why not?  :P

/ao0q9u.jpg

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 02/17/2015, 10:10 PMGot these this week.  I HIGHLY recommend Psychic Storm. Awesome shewty!!
/e53c69774de4ce02a6a70f308bfb163d.jpg
Ranma1/2 is hilarious even if you don't speak Japanese, which I don't.

xcrement5x

Nice!  I have been keeping an eye out for a copy of Gargoyles for a long time but have yet to find a copy locally.