10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine-FX Picture Thread (Formerly "Mugs")

Started by Ninja Spirit, 09/02/2005, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

nice one bro. some other "loves to play party" pix? :-"
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI like how in reality she thought you were some weird fagot,and part of some weird mustache cult for men only.
haha Yeah, I thought I was pullin' off the mustache until I called her the next day and she told me to shove my mustache and my cult of mustachios up my ass.  #-o  Though I should clarify that by "pulling off" the mustache, I meant that she wasn't running away screaming in terror at the severed squirrel tail on my upper lip. hehe

QuoteI think it makes most people look either like Canadians (they love having only mustaches) or cops (who have a rule that you MUST have a mustache).  Light colored = Canadian, dark color = cop.
Haha. That's awesome, and somewhat true.  :wink: It's still definitely true for the a lot of the Canadian military and the RCMP, though here in Halifax at least, the city cops seem to be more and more younger and the whole mustache thing is starting to go. That's actually probably true for the RCMP as well.

For me the mustache is only for scheduled mustache parties. hehe. Lets just say I won't be going to any job interviews sporting the stache. Oddly enough, that party we had was in November which is known for being the month of Movember to the mustache world. Guys grow mustachios for charity. We had no idea about this at the time though. lol. Someone saw a picture of us on Facebook sporting our staches and asked if we were taking part in Movember. Maybe next year.

http://www.movember.com/
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

Ceti Alpha

Hey. I've definitely seen you on either a Turbo Facebook group or MySpace. It's the Ghostbusters pic that I know I've seen before - unless you've posted that here and I'm just confused, which is entirely possible.  I'll stop rambling now... :roll:
IMG

nat

He's posted it here before. That was a long time ago though, probably before you were a member.

TR0N

Frist time i've seen those pics of ya i think NJ.

Dunno any ways  8) you have ghostbusters on record beside showing ya off the neogeo.

Btw i've seen your video on what ya have for the neogeo.

Looks like ya need to bulk up on it a little more.

Good time for it to too given the,AES market is in a slump right now and prices have a drop a little bit for it.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

I'm pretty sure that's Ghostbusters on a phonographic record, not LaserDisc.

Tatsujin

it's written "Original Soundtrack Album" on it. but only for those who're able to read!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Ninja Spirit is always up for posting pics!

I'm trying to think if there were/are any other black guys on this forum, but I can't think of any. I know of some other black Turbo nerds, but they don't post here.

Am I the only one who thought of Bonk when I saw this pic?

AntonRosarioNinjaSpirit.jpg
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 01/22/2008, 10:30 PMHe's posted it here before. That was a long time ago though, probably before you were a member.
In a galaxy far, far away?  :lol:

I dig Ninja's Ghostbusters vinyl.  I have the cassette tape, which is roughly 287% less cool.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/23/2008, 12:05 AMit's written "Original Soundtrack Album" on it. but only for those who're able to read!
:oops: I didn't even look close enough to read it.

Again being in a hurry to post and all.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Quote from: KeranuAm I the only one who thought of Bonk when I saw this pic?

AntonRosarioNinjaSpirit.jpg
I think so, yes.

Tatsujin

yeah, what a striking resemblance.

TurboXray

Quote from: Keranu on 01/21/2008, 05:12 AMMe and my hero Marty Goldberg (I'm on the right again if you weren't able to figure that out!)
selfie-with-Marty Goldberg-mgc2007.jpg
You look a little bit stoned and a little bit shady in the pic. Actually all you need a short hair cut and a business suit with that facial expression - instant 80's business guy! The other guy's got a wtf look on his face...  :mrgreen:

nat

No shit, that Goldberg dude looks like he's really forcing that grin.

Tatsujin

they're both catched by the dork side

Joe Redifer

So who is Marty Goldberg, anyway?  Programmer of Centipede or some shit like that?

Tatsujin

what i've found so far:

QuoteMarty Goldberg (webmaster of ClassicGaming.com).

Joe Redifer

Oh.  I thought he might be somebody of some significance.  Guess not.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/23/2008, 01:40 AM
Quote from: Keranu on 01/21/2008, 05:12 AMMe and my hero Marty Goldberg (I'm on the right again if you weren't able to figure that out!)
You look a little bit stoned and a little bit shady in the pic. Actually all you need a short hair cut and a business suit with that facial expression - instant 80's business guy! The other guy's got a wtf look on his face...  :mrgreen:
Totally! 80's business men forever!

Quote from: Tatthey're both catched by the dork side
Yes! Finally someone points out my shirt!

Quote from: JoeSo who is Marty Goldberg, anyway?  Programmer of Centipede or some shit like that?
Marty Goldberg is the coolest person in the universe. He's a professional video game collector, a master of Wing Chun Gung Fu, an online game programmer for Atari, and a phenomenal speaker. A classic gamer who can kick your ass at the same time.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/23/2008, 02:00 AMOh.  I thought he might be somebody of some significance.  Guess not.
Ask Xiphas or Keranu to tell you the cartridge story, it makes more sense then.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Joe Redifer

QuoteHe's a professional video game collector
He gets paid to collect videogames?  How does that work?  He goes out and buys himself a rare game for $100+ and his employer pays him even more just for doing it?

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/23/2008, 02:57 AMHe gets paid to collect videogames?  How does that work?  He goes out and buys himself a rare game for $100+ and his employer pays him even more just for doing it?
People have tried to sue McDonald's for making them fat, so I believe any stupid thing this country does anymore.

guyjin

maybe he works for a museum or something?  :-k

ParanoiaDragon

He's on salary, plus 10% commission from resell.
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 01/23/2008, 03:27 AMmaybe he works for a museum or something?  :-k
yes..that's the only possibility which comes in my mind. either he works for one (therefore, he just glean the games, and the museum pays him the cash for) or he owns one himself and makes the cash with the entry fee etc.

Tatsujin

if've already seen that face of goldberg once before. it was in a movie. a movie about cavemen..erm no..about bigfoots it was, if I remember correctly.

:edit:

found:

harry-hendersons-dvd.webp vs. mgc2007_27.webp

Joe Redifer

Ha ha, that's great!  It's the same look on their faces!

Sinistron

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2008, 07:48 PMThis pic reminds me of Heath Leger as the Joker in the upcoming Dark Knight movie. :P

The "Good evening commissioner" scene or something.
Feel like a goose walked over my grave- Ledger was reported dead yesterday.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

SNKNostalgia

Me caught holding my drink and my lady friends drink. She also had me hold her purse and they got me dude. Got me good.
/MeatBottleCo.jpg

With her in the picture. What are we up to, hmmmm.
/MeandLauren.jpg

Last Madigras in New Orleans 2005 before Katrina.
/Madigras1.jpg

Another pic of me a little over a year ago when my hair was still short.
/kevininblack.jpg

nat

Where do you live, dude? You look mighty familiar.

SNKNostalgia

Hattiesburg/Meridian Mississippi.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteSo who is Marty Goldberg, anyway?  Programmer of Centipede or some shit like that?
Funny  :lol: But Centipede has nothing on Millipede.  8)
IMG

nat

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 01/23/2008, 11:35 AMHattiesburg/Meridian Mississippi.
Well I guess I probably don't know ya then. Unless you lived in Seattle/WA at some point.

_Paul

Isn't that Jerry Seinfeld after a few pies?

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 01/23/2008, 12:35 PMselfie-with-Marty Goldberg-mgc2007.jpg
Isn't that Jerry Seinfeld after a few pies?
Yea lol,I was thinking it was his fat brother or something.

GUTS

Keranu I hope you're being ironic when you say that guy is your hero.

TurboXray

Damn, you guys are sooo mean.

Ceti Alpha

Quote"Dude?"

IMG

IMG

"No Thanks, Hurley"
I've only seen the pilot of Lost, but I'm downloading the first season. Which character am I supposed to be bust3dstr8? lol
IMG

Joe Redifer

Yeah, like that fat guy is going to offer other people food.  He must be stealing food from other people to remain so fat on a deserted island.  He also has a woman's hairstyle.  Of course Lost ≠ logical.

PCEngineHell

I don't watch the show,what little I saw was not impressive.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/23/2008, 11:33 PMYeah, like that fat guy is going to offer other people food.  He must be stealing food from other people to remain so fat on a deserted island.  He also has a woman's hairstyle.  Of course Lost ≠ logical.
HAHAHA!! :lol:

Tatsujin

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/23/2008, 11:37 PMI don't watch the show,what little I saw was not impressive.
luckily, i like the show a lot and sheerly can't wait for the season 4 start end of this month!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/23/2008, 11:50 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/23/2008, 11:37 PMI don't watch the show,what little I saw was not impressive.
luckily, i like the show a lot and sheerly can't wait for the season 4 start end of this month!
How is that lucky?

Kitsunexus

I wish JJ Abrams would combine the story of a tough financial adjuster and people survining on an island and just GET LOST. :P

Seriously though, Lost sucks.

Tatsujin

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/24/2008, 12:02 AMHow is that lucky?
assumed, i wouldn't like the show, i probably also wouldn't watch it. but since i like the show, i naturally watch it which again makes me lucky! therefore the "luckily" (that i like the show).

Joe Redifer

I hear JJ Abraham Lincoln will be having the Lost character guest in the new Star Trek movie and vice-versa.

nat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/24/2008, 12:44 AMI hear JJ Abraham Lincoln will be having the Lost character guest in the new Star Trek movie and vice-versa.
Which Lost character? And why do they need to be in the new Star Trek movie?

Tatsujin

would that make star trek any better or rather worse?