@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nando

Quote from: SamIAm on 05/28/2012, 12:03 PM
I could watch this girl move all day.
Whoah, it's like a quasi flashback of my teenage years! RAVE ON!!! \m/

roflmao

Quote from: Nando on 05/29/2012, 03:10 PMFrom the site:
Once upon a time, Star Wars: A New Hope was done as a radio play starring Mark Hamill. It was pretty good. It wasn't as good as this, as a video of famed voice actors Billy West, Tara Strong, Maurice LaMarche, John DiMaggio, Kevin Conroy, Jess Harnell and Rob Paulsen redoing the goddamn movie as their most famous characters. You're going to think that Kevin fucking Conroy narrating the movie will be the best, but then Bubbles starts in as Darth Vader and then Jake from Adventure Time is Princess Leia, and OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST DAMN THING EVER INFINITE THINGS TO THE CHU FOR THE TIP

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/05/star_wars_starring_batman_bender_ren_and_stimpy_pi.php
I've been listening to this for about a half-hour now...  It's really funny!

munchiaz

happy video game nerds review of sweet home. Ive wanted to try this game for some time now. After watching this i want it more.

SamIAm

Quote from: Nando on 05/29/2012, 03:10 PMFrom the site:
Once upon a time, Star Wars: A New Hope was done as a radio play starring Mark Hamill. It was pretty good. It wasn't as good as this, as a video of famed voice actors Billy West, Tara Strong, Maurice LaMarche, John DiMaggio, Kevin Conroy, Jess Harnell and Rob Paulsen redoing the goddamn movie as their most famous characters. You're going to think that Kevin fucking Conroy narrating the movie will be the best, but then Bubbles starts in as Darth Vader and then Jake from Adventure Time is Princess Leia, and OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST DAMN THING EVER INFINITE THINGS TO THE CHU FOR THE TIP

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/05/star_wars_starring_batman_bender_ren_and_stimpy_pi.php
It's kind of stupid, but Bill Cosby R2D2 pretty much killed me.

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/29/2012, 06:41 PMhappy video game nerds review of sweet home. Ive wanted to try this game for some time now. After watching this i want it more.
Wow, I'd never heard of this game before but it sounds awesome!  After a brief google, it looks like I can get it here for $25 shipped.  I've never purchased a repro cart before.  Is that a resonable price?

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 05/29/2012, 11:03 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 05/29/2012, 06:41 PMhappy video game nerds review of sweet home. Ive wanted to try this game for some time now. After watching this i want it more.
Wow, I'd never heard of this game before but it sounds awesome!  After a brief google, it looks like I can get it here for $25 shipped.  I've never purchased a repro cart before.  Is that a resonable price? 
I have ordered from him before. Top notch and highly recommended. Bartre here on the forums also does these services.

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2012, 02:34 AMBartre here on the forums also does these services.
Not sure if I should mention this here or not but I won a raffle here on the forums off Bartre last December and he never shipped it (not just a loose game, but for a complete TG-16 system).  Not too sure if I should judge his repro cart business off that, but honestly I do, and I currently don't see myself doing business with him until he at least responds to the PMs or the public thread where I asked about it.  Not holding a grudge - not telling other not to use him, just don't know why he never shipped the raffle I won or responded to my last couple PMs about it(I even offered to cover shipping if that was an issue).

I'm sure Bartre is an upstanding guy in the community and I'm not trying to give him a bad rap. A raffle is free, so I guess it shouldn't hold much clout, but some communication would be nice. :)

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 05/29/2012, 11:03 PM
Wow, I'd never heard of this game before but it sounds awesome!  After a brief google, it looks like I can get it here for $25 shipped.  I've never purchased a repro cart before.  Is that a resonable price?
This is the one i will be getting when i get the extra cash. Its more money, but i really like tho job these guys did

http://www.timewalkgames.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_45&products_id=41

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 05/30/2012, 02:55 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2012, 02:34 AMBartre here on the forums also does these services.
Not sure if I should mention this here or not but I won a raffle here on the forums off Bartre last December and he never shipped it (not just a loose game, but for a complete TG-16 system).  Not too sure if I should judge his repro cart business off that, but honestly I do, and I currently don't see myself doing business with him until he at least responds to the PMs or the public thread where I asked about it.  Not holding a grudge - not telling other not to use him, just don't know why he never shipped the raffle I won or responded to my last couple PMs about it(I even offered to cover shipping if that was an issue).

I'm sure Bartre is an upstanding guy in the community and I'm not trying to give him a bad rap. A raffle is free, so I guess it shouldn't hold much clout, but some communication would be nice. :)
Bartre's a good egg. You just have to poke him in the forehead from time to time to get him moving.  :P

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

roflmao

Wow, that's pretty impressive.  :shock:

Opethian

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Joe Redifer

That's from 2011.  I can't even remember that far back.

Opethian

IMG

TR0N

Let's Compare (Forgotten Worlds)
IMG

Joe Redifer

Something we made in 2002.  I'm not in it (I'm the camera guy and editor), but Dave (from Game Sack) and some other guy are.

My Xbox or Your Jaguar?

Bernie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/08/2012, 12:34 AMSomething we made in 2002.  I'm not in it (I'm the camera guy and editor), but Dave (from Game Sack) and some other guy are.

My Xbox or Your Jaguar?
HA!!  That was funny.  I was expecting Dave to make a come back with a black cat or something tho.  :(

NightWolve

Youtube Comment Fight - A classic, still funny 2 years later (The Metallica guy is the best!).

roflmao

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/09/2012, 09:50 PMYoutube Comment Fight - A classic, still funny 2 years later (The Metallica guy is the best!).
Never seen it before.  Good stuff!

SamIAm

EDIT: You know what, screw it, it was too political.

I'll use the space to post this:

SuperDeadite

Did a quick capture of the X68000 remake of Star Trader, a shooter by Falcom. As you can imagine, the music is awesome.

Terminarcade

Wow, this game looks pretty good for a Falcom shmup :o

roflmao

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/12/2012, 09:33 PMDid a quick capture of the X68000 remake of Star Trader, a shooter by Falcom. As you can imagine, the music is awesome.
Yeah, that music is awesome! The levels look a lot like Gradius levels. Looks like fun!

Joe Redifer

An interactive video we made back in 2006:

Choose Your Destiny
Can you discover all 11 endings?

TR0N

IMG

Nando

Baby Room - Hand painted Zelda Murals

Mathius

Sparky

If this has been posted before sorry but i f@cking laugh so hard i was crying.... still cannot sit throw it with a straight face,

NightWolve

Naptime: A cure for child tantrums
Retro Source: FireCold - Best videos on the Internet. For all ages.

TR0N

IMG

RegalSin

Watching this film makes me think. That is exactly how I feel right now.
I mean why, seriously why.

The last commercialized, American man, is on the run in the year 30XX, and it is up to an 1990's officer, who was frozen to stop him.
I say the last black, because the world is obviously over runned with
Europeans, Asian people, and Asian enthusiasts.

Then to make things more worst, is how all the non-pro society people are living in the 1990's...........basically a stereotypical Meteropolis lower lever, innercity, city. Did I mention the main character magically starts to speak espanol related phrases, for awhile.

Everything in this movie is exactly how I feel. By the year 30XX Taco Bell will not be king but Donkin Donuts.
They have everything in this film

PID's
Arnold Schwarzenegger persued political goals
Violation for profanity
IMGIMG

Otaking

Quote from: RegalSin on 06/29/2012, 05:05 PMEverything in this movie is exactly how I feel. By the year 30XX Taco Bell will not be king but Donkin Donuts.
Wait a minute, in 30XX Don King will dominate the world with a Donut restaurant chain? Holy shit!

IMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Joe Redifer

TR0N

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/13/2012, 07:42 PMAn interactive video we made back in 2006:

Choose Your Destiny

WHY HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ON THIS YET!

I'm having a blast working through this, Joe :pcds:

If only this was available for NUON-enabled devices back in the day...

Seriously, though, I love this interactive film :pcds:

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/04/2012, 05:52 AMRevisit tha 90's
OK, Joe. You are 2 for 2. :pcds:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

majors

Chronturbo ep 3, slow but sure. This time we have:

Vigilante
SonSon II
Military Madness
Motor Roader
Hanii in the Sky
Winning Shot
Dungeon Explorer
Out Live
Kaizou Chounin Shubibinman
P-47: The Freedom Fighter
F-1 Pilot
War of the Dead
Ganbare! Golf Boys
Deep Blue
Twin Tiger
Space Adventure Cobra: Kokuryuuou no Densetsu
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 07/05/2012, 11:08 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/13/2012, 07:42 PMAn interactive video we made back in 2006:

Choose Your Destiny

WHY HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ON THIS YET!

I'm having a blast working through this, Joe :pcds:
I don't know how I missed that the first time it was posted.  That was fun. :)

Nando

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/13/2012, 03:23 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/12/2012, 09:33 PMDid a quick capture of the X68000 remake of Star Trader, a shooter by Falcom. As you can imagine, the music is awesome.
Yeah, that music is awesome! The levels look a lot like Gradius levels. Looks like fun!
I finally watched/listened to StarTrader. I especially like the opening title screen music :pcds:.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

SuperDeadite

Since people were curious, here's a direct capture of the X68k version of Daimakaimura.  Be aware though in order to record this I have to down scan 31khz to 15khz, then the DVD recorder scales it up to 480p.  So it comes out a bit mushy.  Oh well, best I can do really.
And here's the full soundtrack using my Yamaha TG100.  Reason enough to play this version :)

Sadler

Quote from: majors on 07/05/2012, 11:47 AM
Chronturbo ep 3, slow but sure. This time we have:

Vigilante
SonSon II
Military Madness
Motor Roader
Hanii in the Sky
Winning Shot
Dungeon Explorer
Out Live
Kaizou Chounin Shubibinman
P-47: The Freedom Fighter
F-1 Pilot
War of the Dead
Ganbare! Golf Boys
Deep Blue
Twin Tiger
Space Adventure Cobra: Kokuryuuou no Densetsu
Wow! This was awesome! Watched all 3 episodes this weekend, really good stuff. Thanks for the link! :D

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/09/2012, 01:59 PMAnd here's the full soundtrack using my Yamaha TG100.  Reason enough to play this version :)
*shakes maracas!  that's just so drool worthy!

SuperPlay

Joe Redifer

I have mixed opinions about the music.  It's cool that it's arranged, but it's not arranged very well.  And there's so much reverb that I almost think it's a SNES game.  I'd rather listen to the Arcade, Genesis and SG versions.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/09/2012, 06:19 PMI have mixed opinions about the music.  It's cool that it's arranged, but it's not arranged very well.  And there's so much reverb that I almost think it's a SNES game.  I'd rather listen to the Arcade, Genesis and SG versions.
Being MIDI, the quality of the music is based on the quality of the Sound Module used.  My TG100 was only $10 lol.  There are much better modules that cost 100s which would be interesting to hear.  The game also has FM music using the internal chip as well, I'm just using the MIDI cause 99% of X68k owners only have Roland modules, and the music sounds way better on my Yamaha then any of my Rolands.

TR0N

Cat Interrupts Reporter by climbing on Her..
IMG