What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

SuperDeadite

FM-Towns J. B. Harold Murder Club DX with the MIDI option.  This version doesn't have the voices from the Turbob, but reading all that text in VGA gives it the edge for me as the best version.  When I play Manhatten Requiem on the LA I usually turn off the voices to speed up the game anyways...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/16/2012, 06:29 AMFM-Towns J. B. Harold Murder Club DX with the MIDI option.  This version doesn't have the voices from the Turbob, but reading all that text in VGA gives it the edge for me as the best version.  When I play Manhatten Requiem on the LA I usually turn off the voices to speed up the game anyways...
I was going to say this for the previous post, as well, but, DAMN YOU. I want all your gear and technical knowledge of these Japanese machines to be transferred into my brain. STAT!

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DejahThoris

meka

Retrogaming Roadshow from PAX Prime 2012:

SuperDeadite

A full run of FM Towns Shadow of the Beast. 
This was the only 32-bit version, hence it has the most colors for sure. 
The hitboxes are a bit shit though...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TR0N

Kwing Game Reviews-Double Dragon Neon Review PSN/XBAL
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

kazekirifx

Quote from: TR0N on 09/18/2012, 02:13 AMKwing Game Reviews-Double Dragon Neon Review PSN/XBAL
Ah. Yes. I played the demo of DD Neon. Seems not bad.

FiftyQuid

This is just nuts.  Discovery Channel (TimeWarp);
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

TR0N

Quote from: kazekirifx on 09/18/2012, 02:57 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/18/2012, 02:13 AMKwing Game Reviews-Double Dragon Neon Review PSN/XBAL
Ah. Yes. I played the demo of DD Neon. Seems not bad.
Yeah i thinking about down loading it.While most response toward it i have seen,been mixed i may give it a try.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/18/2012, 03:59 AMThis is just nuts.  Discovery Channel (TimeWarp);
My father-in-law has a table saw with that feature. Insane. I still don't believe it can work.

SamIAm

I hear these really work. I'd kind of like to try one.

TR0N

IMG

kazekirifx

Colossus1574

Look what just dropped today...it's the NEW trailer for The Hobbit! damn it's looking good  =D>

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 09/18/2012, 04:24 PMI hear these really work. I'd kind of like to try one.
I'm ashamed to admit that I want to see if that product actually works.

On a more serious note, though, I MUST WATCH THE ORIGINAL because I honestly can't believe all the footage is actually from the genuine commercial. The large gal and the crumbs? The old lady and her hair? Etc. Etc. It's insane.

TR0N

Gamecenter CX Episode 34 Ghouls'N'Ghost
IMG

Mathius

SNES Vs. Sega Genesis Pt.1 (My Story)
This is excellent! I am watching Part 2 tonight.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/11/2012, 10:40 AMSNES Vs. Sega Genesis Pt.1 (My Story)
This is excellent! I am watching Part 2 tonight.
Was that video in response to what the avgn did ?
Part 1
Part 2
IMG

TR0N

Pat The NES Punk Baby Boomer
Pat looks at the strange (unlicensed) Color Dreams Zapper title!
wayback.retrowaretv.com/pat-the-nes-punk-baby-boomer
IMG

Drakon

https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

Nando

Die Antwoord - Fatty  boom boom

SuperPlay

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Nando on 10/16/2012, 01:36 PMDie Antwoord - Fatty  boom boom
Heh, my friend introduced me to this group a few months ago. Some crazy shit. I almost got to see them live at the Austin City Limits fest this year, but couldn't go due to funds. The video for Baby's on Fire is awesome BTW, lol. Also, check out this short film they released:

SuperPlay

Nothing at the moment ;-)

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.
If you see them, show them this information:

Nando

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 10/18/2012, 03:25 PM
Heh, my friend introduced me to this group a few months ago. Some crazy shit. I almost got to see them live at the Austin City Limits fest this year, but couldn't go due to funds. The video for Baby's on Fire is awesome BTW, lol. Also, check out this short film they released:
I've been a fan of them for several years now. He started as a comedian and then became a singer/performance actor with Yo-landi.  I missed them last time they came to Dallas :(

Would love to see 'em live. I get a "Lords Of Acid" vibe from their live show :D

esteban

Quote from: Nando on 10/18/2012, 04:39 PM
I've been a fan of them for several years now. He started as a comedian and then became a singer/performance actor with Yo-landi.  I missed them last time they came to Dallas :(

Would love to see 'em live. I get a "Lords Of Acid" vibe from their live show :D
Who says performance art is dead? I've only heard/seen "I think you are freaky, and I like you a lot" song, which also had a well-executed, visual punch-in-the-face.

bartre

Nando

Quote from: esteban on 10/20/2012, 08:08 AM
Quote from: Nando on 10/18/2012, 04:39 PM

Who says performance art is dead? I've only heard/seen "I think you are freaky, and I like you a lot" song, which also had a well-executed, visual punch-in-the-face.
An earlier classic
I would say Lady Gaga is a performance artist for the masses, at the end of the day she's just copying the stuff that's been done in Europe for years. I liked Marilyn Manson's character overall and he played well into it. I can't recall any other recent one's but I haven't really payed attention to that genre.

Any of our Euro members tune into that type of stuff?

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Deletion

This is great.

Nintendohemian Rhapsody

Mathius

Ghosts N' Goblins - Angry Video Game Nerd - Episode 108 - Cinemassacre.com
This is the best AVGN video made in a long time!

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/27/2012, 10:33 AMGhosts N' Goblins - Angry Video Game Nerd - Episode 108 - Cinemassacre.com
Dunno i wasn't entertain at much at all even at the end of the video,with that cuss joke.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 10/28/2012, 02:43 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/27/2012, 10:33 AMGhosts N' Goblins - Angry Video Game Nerd - Episode 108 - Cinemassacre.com
Dunno i wasn't entertain at much at all even at the end of the video,with that cuss joke.
The cuss joke was a little ill-advised, but the rest of the video was excellent IMO.

PunkCryborg

watching VisualKei/Jrock PVs from the early 2000s
I was HEAVY into this stuff back then

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2012, 09:50 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/28/2012, 02:43 AM
The cuss joke was a little ill-advised, but the rest of the video was excellent IMO.
Well it was more of a straight up review from the avgn.Still,i haven't really laughed at one since his video for game glitches.
IMG

SuperPlay

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

TR0N

Gamecenter CX-Episode-52-Super Ghouls'n'Ghost
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: SuperPlay on 11/01/2012, 04:38 PMIMG

That is so incredibly fake that it's insulting. When the camera is over the person, the perspective of the "shaft" goes straight down. But the lower camera shows a completely different perspective on the same monitors. Fake as hell. Both perspectives would be forced and in 2D. They woudl startle no one. It would look like a light show on the floor of a club. They'd also notice that the floor was lit the second they stepped into the elevator. You can tell a monitor is on even when it's just showing black.

EDIT: Look at the handle bar in the first shot of the woman in the GIF file. See the green? That's the reflection of the green screen on the floor. Here's a bigger shot if you need it. The floor is green and they just keyed that out and put in crappy graphics. The truth is that LG monitors probably suck.

kazekirifx

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/05/2012, 01:09 AMThat is so incredibly fake that it's insulting. When the camera is over the person, the perspective of the "shaft" goes straight down. But the lower camera shows a completely different perspective on the same monitors. Fake as hell. Both perspectives would be forced and in 2D. They woudl startle no one. It would look like a light show on the floor of a club. They'd also notice that the floor was lit the second they stepped into the elevator. You can tell a monitor is on even when it's just showing black.
Well, I think I would walk in and think, "This elevator has a white-lit floor" - which is a bit odd, but I could imagine a fancy building having it for style. It would be 9 white light units on the floor with strong white covers for walking on - made of glass or plastic. When the monitors showed the footage of the floor giving way, I think I would react exactly like the woman in the video is. "OH MY GOD!... oh... these are monitors..."

Joe Redifer

No you wouldn't because there would be no depth. From your angle the perspective would be completely wrong to even simulate depth. At most you'd be startled because lights start moving on the floor, all shrinking towards the center of the elevator.

roflmao

I agree with kazekirifx - Those Uhaul trucks you see that are painted to look like you can see inside them get me every time.  I bet they could make something somewhat convincing - though you're right, Joe.  They obviously used a green screen for that one.

kazekirifx

Maybe I have bad depth perception (one of my eyes is totally worthless, really!), but I am almost 100% certain I would be fooled for about 1-3 seconds.

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

JoshTurboTrollX

Video of live orchestrated intro music from our very own PCE classic Jim Power
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Watched the WWZ Trailer.  Holy Shit!  Can't wait even though I know they will not do the book justice (what movie does?):
Also checked out the new BSG trailer:
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Nando

Quote from: kazekirifx on 11/06/2012, 02:54 AMMaybe I have bad depth perception (one of my eyes is totally worthless, really!), but I am almost 100% certain I would be fooled for about 1-3 seconds.
dude, first time I saw one of those on the road, it freaked me out...

SuperPlay

Just seen this over on the Turbo View FB page.

Alien Crush: A Nocuous Transmission for the Tailpipe of Your Mind Cover

http://armadillotank.bandcamp.com/track/alien-crush-a-nocuous-transmission-for-the-tailpipe-of-your-mind

MotherGunner

Lol wow!! Interesting cover!  Catchy!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)