What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 01/23/2007, 09:35 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 01/23/2007, 07:41 PM
Quote from: Tron on 01/21/2007, 02:54 AMOld Spice Starring Burce Campbell
Do you have it?  :-s
Thank you very much.  :)
Seconded :) :) .
I love how that ad is basically an animated version of the cover of "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way".
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 01/23/2007, 11:17 PMI love how that ad is basically an animated version of the cover of "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way".
Haha it does look a lot like that come to think of it.

By the way, there is this rad homemade TV series on YouTube about this kid who reviews old obscured games called "Game Time". Check them out :) :

Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08

The quality of the episdoes gets better as the series goes on, so don't be scared by the first few episodes. Episode 08 is my favorite.  8)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 01/23/2007, 11:17 PMI love how that ad is basically an animated version of the cover of "Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way".
So true - except that I don't remember a chainsaw in the background of the book's dust cover.  Bruce Campbell's the man!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rolins

Dark Fact

For my 400th post, I decided to put up a japanese ad for panap fruit and yogurt treat.  The actress in this ad is Yukie Nakama, who is pretty famous in japan for such shows like TRICK and GOKUSEN.  This is only one of her many ads that she stars in.  If you type in Yukie Nakama in the search engine in YouTube, you'll get a ton of ads with her in it.  I find this one to be the most amusing as it seems like she's lip synching to a japanese version of Eminem. :lol:

PANAP fruit and yogurt treat ad with Yukie Nakama
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/28/2007, 02:28 AM
:lol:
Ahh a classic of a snk game  :mrgreen:

Still i had easier time on the 2600 version then the arcade one  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

yeah... "Vanguard...just like the arcade"  :mrgreen:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Tron excerpt from VH1 I Love the 80's 3d.
IMG

TR0N

Lords of Thunder - Dezant
Woah this guy does a good job playing the theme from LOT  =D&gt;
IMG

akamichi

Quote from: Tron on 01/28/2007, 10:51 PMLords of Thunder - Dezant
That was awesome!

TR0N

Double Dragon 18 Years Later  :lol:
Damn old age hasn't done to well for jimmy and billy  :shock:
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: akamichi on 01/29/2007, 01:53 AM
That was awesome!
absolutely it was :shock:

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/29/2007, 06:38 AM
That was awesome!
Yes!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: stevek666 on 01/29/2007, 05:40 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/29/2007, 06:38 AM
That was awesome!
Yes!
Hell yeah!  That dude can grind the piss out of an axe!

Joe Redifer

OK I scanned every page in this thread and did not see these posted, and I am utterly surprised that someone didn't beat me to them!  Anyway, if you like Transformers, you'll like these:

SOS Wheeljack
Shockwave's Burden (A Day in the Life of Shockwave)
The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime
And a GI Joe short just for good measure:

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/01/2007, 01:47 AMOK I scanned every page in this thread and did not see these posted, and I am utterly surprised that someone didn't beat me to them!  Anyway, if you like Transformers, you'll like these:

SOS Wheeljack
Shockwave's Burden (A Day in the Life of Shockwave)
The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime
And a GI Joe short just for good measure:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seen most of them befor expect the shockwave one.

Still i like this gi-joe spoof the most GI Joe Huh?
I just wanna ride my motorcycle! haaaaaaaa

I swear hasbro are jerks for telling that studio no more gi-joe psa spoofs.
IMG

Digi.k

Not sure if this has been posted here already but my god I lol'd!!!!!!

IMG

I love Cardcaptor Sakura anime and this vid is made by japanese otaku fanboys....you may find it disturbing but its hella funny!!

TR0N

IMG

Keranu

IMG

CrackTiger

Reminds me of the Sega-CD music, but played better.  :)

I like how he played off the Megadeth Duke Nukem theme on his Duke Nukem Jam. I wonder if any of Megadeth's Duke Nukem music will still be used if Duke Nukem Forever ever comes out.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

rolins

Installing Windows Vista is painless.  :P

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tron on 02/03/2007, 12:57 AMWhat I Learned From TMNT  :shock: #-o :lol:
Damn, I missed it.  Looks like Viacom didn't like this one.

Ninja Spirit

Interesting easter egg in the Japanese version of Trouble Shooter for Genesis. One of the characters is stomping an SFC.

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 02/09/2007, 04:29 PMInteresting easter egg in the Japanese version of Trouble Shooter for Genesis. One of the characters is stomping an SFC.
:shock: :lol: :shock:
IMG

TR0N

Star Wars-Lando Calrissian Get's It On
Big Bell Hell's
That's right don't mess with the state of Maryland  :roll:
Frist time i've seen this add and i've lived in, MD for many years.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Tron on 02/13/2007, 01:07 AMBig Bell Hell's
HAHAHA, that's hilarious!
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tron on 02/13/2007, 01:07 AMBig Bell Hell's
Finally, some truth in advertising.   :lol:

TR0N

Sanke's Revenge (NES) Review
Ahh the black sheep of the serise  #-o
IMG

Joe Redifer

Segagaga is a weird Japanese game for the Dreamcast where you must save Sega (and the entire world).  Here is the video of the final boss fight which completely kicks all sorts of ass.

-Cutscene before final boss fight... listen for classic music as well

-Final boss fight - You must stop classic Sega consoles from destroying the world!

Simply way too awesome.  Sounds like Sega hired TechnoSoft to do that awesome boss music as well.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/15/2007, 05:57 AMSegagaga is a weird Japanese game for the Dreamcast where you must save Sega (and the entire world).  Here is the video of the final boss fight which completely kicks all sorts of ass.

-Final boss fight - You must stop classic Sega consoles from destroying the world!

Simply way too awesome.  Sounds like Sega hired TechnoSoft to do that awesome boss music as well.
Wow, that looks like one wierd ass game.  Pretty cool how the new console would 'eat' the old console after it was defeated.

td741

Umm... Okay...

First some background: This is a segment taken from a show called "Infoman".  "Infoman" is a weekly news-satire, a bit like a quebec version of daily show (except interviews and segments are generally out in the field.)  It's in French.

Anyway, this is his seventh and possibly final season (due to funding changes for independent productions).  He interviewed one of the people that helped him get his start.  In the interview he asks his guest "What can I do for you as thanks for launching my carreer".  The guest replies that he wants to do a parody for an add for a easy-listening station. 

The full clip is here (including interview):
Just load the cache up and then skip to the following...

Here's the original ad: 00:43
Two parodies follow here: 01:14

CrackTiger

Quote from: td741 on 02/15/2007, 01:27 PMUmm... Okay...

First some background: This is a segment taken from a show called "Infoman".  "Infoman" is a weekly news-satire, a bit like a quebec version of daily show (except interviews and segments are generally out in the field.)  It's in French.

Anyway, this is his seventh and possibly final season (due to funding changes for independent productions).  He interviewed one of the people that helped him get his start.  In the interview he asks his guest "What can I do for you as thanks for launching my carreer".  The guest replies that he wants to do a parody for an add for a easy-listening station. 

The full clip is here (including interview):
Just load the cache up and then skip to the following...

Here's the original ad: 00:43
Two parodies follow here: 01:14
Although its not on YouTube, your post reminded me of a show I happened upon a couple times recently.

Its a Quebec adaptation of The Office-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Job

My girlfriend and I both aren't fluent enough to understand a french language show word for word, but that just made this show all the more hilarious since we've watch the BBC series a couple times.  :P

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2007, 03:03 PMMy girlfriend and I both aren't fluent enough to understand a french language show word for word, but that just made this show all the more hilarious since we've watch the BBC series a couple times.  :P
I saw the Xmas specials for the BBC series finally! Just prior to Xmas 2006, in fact, so it was a nice treat :). BBC America only aired two seasons and we didn't even know about the special until a friend of ours told us (he's from England).

As far as french pop culture goes, though.... well, the only french program I watched regularly was an awesome show on one of the local (New York / Long Island) PBS stations that consisted entirely of music videos. This was late 80's / early 90's and the videos were insanely ridiculous. My brothers and I never knew if they were super-popular artists, but we had a hard time believing they were. It didn't matter, though, since a lot of the videos were really creative (compared to the standards MTV stuff).

Back to The Office: do you like the U.S. version? I was skeptical at first, but I like it. I think it actually keeps the spirit of the original show intact, which is pretty amazing.

CrackTiger

Quote from: stevek666 on 02/15/2007, 04:44 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/15/2007, 03:03 PMMy girlfriend and I both aren't fluent enough to understand a french language show word for word, but that just made this show all the more hilarious since we've watch the BBC series a couple times.  :P
I saw the Xmas specials for the BBC series finally! Just prior to Xmas 2006, in fact, so it was a nice treat :). BBC America only aired two seasons and we didn't even know about the special until a friend of ours told us (he's from England).

As far as french pop culture goes, though.... well, the only french program I watched regularly was an awesome show on one of the local (New York / Long Island) PBS stations that consisted entirely of music videos. This was late 80's / early 90's and the videos were insanely ridiculous. My brothers and I never knew if they were super-popular artists, but we had a hard time believing they were. It didn't matter, though, since a lot of the videos were really creative (compared to the standards MTV stuff).

Back to The Office: do you like the U.S. version? I was skeptical at first, but I like it. I think it actually keeps the spirit of the original show intact, which is pretty amazing.
The U.S. version is alright as its own thing, but season one was pretty disgusting, or at least the boss was. Luckily they've been moving away from the original style of the character since he became a big star.

TR0N

Well the AVGN is at it again his rant on the Atari 5200.
IMG

Joe Redifer

I could do without the opening song.

Alright what exactly about that video had anything to do with the 5200?  It was just him moping about the house.  This guy is boring.

NecroPhile

I thought it was kinda funny but long.  I don't think anyone needs to bitch for over ten minutes about how big, heavy, and lame the 5200 was.  The controllers were shit and Atari didn't learn; the Jaguar's were just as awkward (but at least more reliable).

Keranu

I refuse to call the Angry Nintendo Nerd anything else like "Angry Video Game Nerd" now. As much as I love his great work, he's starting to sell out :( .
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/15/2007, 05:57 AMSegagaga is a weird Japanese game for the Dreamcast where you must save Sega (and the entire world).  Here is the video of the final boss fight which completely kicks all sorts of ass.

I never bothered getting Segagaga because I thought it was just a text heavy digital comic/sim game. Even if it is, it'd be worth playing through for that cinema and final boss(by far the greatest boss battle of all time).

I love how the Mark III has the Sound Source FM and the Megadrive merges with the Mega-CD and 32-X.

I have to buy it and finish it immediatly now.  :P

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 02/16/2007, 02:10 PMI refuse to call the Angry Nintendo Nerd anything else like "Angry Video Game Nerd" now. As much as I love his great work, he's starting to sell out :( .
As in him having t-shirts and stuff ?

Or becuse screwattack.com videos are being showen on gametraillers.com ?
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Tron on 02/16/2007, 09:37 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 02/16/2007, 02:10 PMI refuse to call the Angry Nintendo Nerd anything else like "Angry Video Game Nerd" now. As much as I love his great work, he's starting to sell out :( .

Both and because he's moved from Angry Nintendo Nerd to Angry Video Game Nerd as well as being a Angry Movie Nerd now. I still like his stuff, but I think he shouldn't have evolved so fast since there are plenty more NES reviews he can do.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 02/16/2007, 09:47 PM
Quote from: Tron on 02/16/2007, 09:37 PM

Both and because he's moved from Angry Nintendo Nerd to Angry Video Game Nerd as well as being a Angry Movie Nerd now. I still like his stuff, but I think he shouldn't have evolved so fast since there are plenty more NES reviews he can do.
I'm not too worry about it i just figure the name change was, on purpose since he's reviewing more then nes titles now.

I've listen to the last sidescrollers over at screwattack.com and the 'guys who run it clam... the videos on GT are a temp thing.

That there not selling out and there videos are being showen on there terms.

Still i'm just "annoyed GT will get them frist while youtube get's them last.
IMG

esteban

I finally had a chance to watch this -- brilliant! Have you seen the fan-made Final Fantasy (or something like that) footage that incorporated all of the old consoles as characters? I don't know the chronology of these things, but I'd reckon it was inspired by Segagaga in some way.

The best part of the final boss battle, IMO, was when the 32X !!! It was never entirely clear to me whether 32X was released in Japan, so I was surprised to see it featured so prominently. Awesome! They should have continued to stack it up with more peripherals... now that would have been something. :)

TR0N

IMG

td741

The above post brought me to this one:
What's worse is that I might actually know some of the people in costume. :P

NecroPhile

Tatsujin

guyjin

heh. I like how they try to make super mario kart look slow and dumpy, when it's probably the best game in the commercial.  :roll:

But that led me to this:
I had no idea Australians pronounced it 'see-ga'   :lol: