10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

Quote from: geise on 05/29/2015, 09:28 AMHell yeah!  Cheapies but goodies.  Nice Prof.
Yeah given with what I had before grabbing these from people here or on the bay, I have a decent amount to play now on the system, around 55-58 games or so. The most I paid for any given game was maybe Strider, which I think was $65 shipped. R-Type was second up at around $61, but it was CIB and in fairly nice condition so that price is expected. The rest of the games were all under $30 each including Hana Taka Daka! and W-Ring.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 05/29/2015, 03:19 PMProf prof, I thought you said at one point that you were getting out of PCE/TG16 gaming following Sini's unfortunate passing.  Good to see you're getting back/staying in!  The games are just too damn good.

Someone should bribe Samiam into resuming GotW or carry on in his stead.  Every few days it seems I learn of a new PCE gem i'd never heard of and want to try out, and GotW is a great way to motivate everyone to explore and enjoy the library together.  I would do it, but i'm lazy and unreliable. 
Yeah thats pretty much how I felt at the time. HercTnT/Tim got me back into it all again, so many thanks go to him on that. :)

Mathius

Sini would be happy with your decision, prof.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/29/2015, 03:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/29/2015, 03:19 PMProf prof, I thought you said at one point that you were getting out of PCE/TG16 gaming following Sini's unfortunate passing.  Good to see you're getting back/staying in!  The games are just too damn good.

Someone should bribe Samiam into resuming GotW or carry on in his stead.  Every few days it seems I learn of a new PCE gem i'd never heard of and want to try out, and GotW is a great way to motivate everyone to explore and enjoy the library together.  I would do it, but i'm lazy and unreliable. 
Yeah thats pretty much how I felt at the time. HercTnT/Tim got me back into it all again, so many thanks go to him on that. :)
I was thinking the same thing when I saw all the games!

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

my new credit card

/capital.jpg

Joe Redifer

jeffhlewis

Every once in a while, you get lucky at Goodwill. In-box 1080, in damn good shape!

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/31/2015, 12:55 AMEvery once in a while, you get lucky at Goodwill. In-box 1080, in damn good shape!

IMG
What inputs does it have?
--DragonmasterDan

jeffhlewis

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/31/2015, 01:09 AM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/31/2015, 12:55 AMEvery once in a while, you get lucky at Goodwill. In-box 1080, in damn good shape!
What inputs does it have?
Composite and RGB

PunkCryborg

jeffhlewis

Woah - I had no idea there was a sequel to Numan Athletics.

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

vmorr

Was hoping to make a deal locally for Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny II on the PS1 but didn't happen. I'm a fan of the Tales RPG series. With the cash burning a hole in my pocket I picked this up:

/igdxli.jpg

Wasn't much of a steal I think. I rarely see SMS stuff pop up.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/31/2015, 09:57 AMIMG
IMG
IMG
Ranger X is a thoroughly Impressive Game, a 6 button is needed however.

Me?

I got me a new copy of Halo the Master Chief Collection for $17!  These a deal going on so I snagged it.

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Master-Chief-Collection-Xbox-One/dp/B00KSQHX1K/ref=sr_1_1/184-1446755-9116567?ie=UTF8&qid=1433115378&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+the+master+chief

And then Target Price Matches and then they have a 35% coupon so it cuts it down to $17.

http://cartwheel.target.com/offer/36964

and now this bonus:  Halo 3: ODST remaster now available free for buyers of botched Master Chief Collection

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/30/8691561/halo-3-odst-remaster-xbox-one-free-video

Good buy here.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

cabbage

/haul1.jpg

went to a game convention just outside of seoul yesterday. happy to have found a samsung panzer dragoon, even if the condition is not good. unfortunately there wasn't much pce stuff this time :\

esteban

Quote from: cabbage on 06/01/2015, 09:51 AM/haul1.jpg
went to a game convention just outside of seoul yesterday. happy to have found a samsung panzer dragoon, even if the condition is not good. unfortunately there wasn't much pce stuff this time :\
Cabbage!

Where have you been?

Good to see you around.

I see you have Slime World...I like the soundtrack (I should be ashamed, but I'm not). That's the only positive. No, I lied. I like the cover art...it's so different than the Lynx cover...

YS IV is a good game, but I was surprised to se STRATEGO. I honestly didn't even know that there was a PCE version! How have I never seen that before? Very odd.

xcrement5x

Very cool goodies!  Did they release a lot of Samsung Saturn games?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jtucci31

Quote from: esteban on 06/01/2015, 01:52 PM
Valis IV YS IV is a good game, but I was surprised to se STRATEGO. I honestly didn't even know that there was a PCE version! How have I never seen that before? Very odd.

That what you meant? I was look for YS IV for far too long before I realized that's probably not what ya meant, lol

esteban

Hahahhahahajja

My auto-correct changed Valis to Ys!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: esteban on 06/01/2015, 07:06 PMHahahhahahajja

My auto-correct changed Valis to Ys!
Wishful thinking at its worse lol!

cabbage

Quote from: esteban on 06/01/2015, 01:52 PMCabbage!

Where have you been?

Good to see you around.

I see you have Slime World...I like the soundtrack (I should be ashamed, but I'm not). That's the only positive. No, I lied. I like the cover art...it's so different than the Lynx cover...

YS IV is a good game, but I was surprised to se STRATEGO. I honestly didn't even know that there was a PCE version! How have I never seen that before? Very odd.

I've been around, of course--mostly lurking in the chatroom. Stratego is a nice little game, and quite cheap, so grab it when you see it. It's more fun than Slime World ;)

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2015, 04:27 PMVery cool goodies!  Did they release a lot of Samsung Saturn games?
I think about 10-15 Samsung releases, and several more by Kama (e.g. the Virtua Cop 2 in the pic) and Wooyoung.

technozombie

I found this at a garage sale sitting in a box with some junk. I was very pleased. Although, I still have the one I bought new when it released.

uploadfromtaptalk1433221379278.jpg

bob

/tonma.jpg

Thanks to Jtuc for free PS1 games.  (except Galerians, that was o.puc)
Thanks to ebay for the others

technozombie

Perseverance at going to garage sales does sometimes pay off.

IMG IMG

wildfruit

Jinxed

Got myself a Scanline generator HD to use with my wii. Works pretty good, definitely worth the money imo.

IMG

cjameslv

Quote from: Jinxed on 06/06/2015, 10:50 AMGot myself a Scanline generator HD to use with my wii. Works pretty good, definitely worth the money imo.

IMG
As an avid fan of scanlines, nothing beats real ones. This is definitely a push int he right direction though!

Jinxed

I agree, and its far from perfect. But i like the high definition and the convenience of emulators on the wii.

richc

This just in.  Will hold me over until Monday when some pc engine shmups come in.

Edit:  they just came in.  80 including ems seemed like a good deal to me.

IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: richc on 06/06/2015, 02:43 PMThis just in.  Will hold me over until Monday when some pc engine shmups come in.

Three excellent Konami HuCARDs. :)

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 06/06/2015, 04:39 PM
Quote from: richc on 06/06/2015, 02:43 PMThis just in.  Will hold me over until Monday when some pc engine shmups come in.

Three excellent Konami HuCARDs. :)
No library of obey is complete without 'em.

xcrement5x

Went to the thrift today since it is 50% on Saturday and was hoping something I has spotted earlier in the week was still there...

IMG
Pioneer CLD D504 - Laserdisc Player by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A Pioneer CLD-D504 LaserDisc player.  This is a pretty nice unit, it has double side playback and still works quite well. It also has s-video out and AC3 as well, plus Karaoke functionality built right into the unit; manufacture date says 1995.  The only knock is that the Pioneer badging is missing from the upper left of the front of the unit, but I really don't mind. 

This guy will not be with me long as I plan on bundling him with a bunch of LaserDiscs I already have/do not want and will try to peddle it off on Craigslist.  Another forumite had mentioned a good way to clear out discs is to buy a cheap player, bundle a lot of discs with it at a low price, set it on CL and watch it disappear from your life.  I hope the $10 'investment' in this guy will maybe make it easier to get some of the many (hundreds?)of LDs in my basement out of my life at a small profit.

Oh, and I also got a Gunsmith Cats manga for $1.  Woot!  I like Kenichi Sonoda's work. :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BlueBMW

Ive got that exact same player.  Pretty good unit!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xcrement5x

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/06/2015, 11:51 PMIve got that exact same player.  Pretty good unit!
After playing with it I was tempted to keep it but I need another LD player like I need another hole in the head.  I think I have like 7 Laserdisc players in my house now, along with 3 SVHS VCRS.  I just hope my wife doesn't check the closet in the guest bedroom anytime soon.  :O

esteban

Recycled:

IMG 

This silly book has already inspired me to take out my 3DO and play a bunch of games!

It's funny...I also want to get some games I see in the book but have never played. I can't believe that MEGARACE is tempting me, but it is.

I should know better.

/recycling

Mzo

I got Mega Race as a free pack-in with my Packard Bell PC (worst mistake ever buying that thing, btw.)

I can still hear that announcer when I close my eyes.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

esteban

Quote from: Mzo on 06/08/2015, 04:18 PMI got Mega Race as a free pack-in with my Packard Bell PC (worst mistake ever buying that thing, btw.)

I can still hear that announcer when I close my eyes.
Hahjahahahah. I am happy MegaRace is associated with traumatic memories for you. It will make it more enjoyable to play, now. :)

SuperDeadite

My trusty 22'' Iiyama CRT monitor finally died.  So I bought an Eizo Foris FG2421.  I must say I'm quite impressed, the contrast and brightness is fantastic, and coupled with the 240hertz mode it's a very pleasing replacement.  Highly recommended.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

nectarsis

/20150610_140420_zpsamdgjtvp.jpg
/20150610_140550_zpsigo0zgft.jpg
/20150610_140639_zps1tiyxzm7.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

xcrement5x

Nice!  My copy of Operation Abyss got dinged up in the mail so they are sending a new one. 

PCEngineHell

Samsung SyncMaster 997DF for 6 bucks:

/2015-06-10%2019.15.53_zpslmw4fr0m.jpg
/2015-06-10%2019.16.30_zpsjwsbnem2.jpg
/2015-06-10%2019.26.28_zpsyzwpa3gv.jpg
/2015-06-10%2019.20.17_zpsrfm5fldd.jpg

cr8zykuban0

this post is kinda late but some stuff i got from level up expo a week and a half ago. had an awesome weekend from may 29th-31st. had a lot of cash to blow lol
IMG

xcrement5x

Quite a haul kubano.

I went by the thrift yesterday on a whim and found some good stuff! 

IMG
2015-06-11 Thrift Store Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Trauma Center: New Blood [Wii]
Uncharted: Golden Abyss [PSV]
Champions of Norrath [PS2]

It blew my mind to find a PS Vita game already and I am super stoked that it is one I had actually wanted.  Couldn't argue on the price at only $3 so I grabbed it right away. 

I've also already got the first Trauma Center game and the second Norrath game so both of those were good grabs for me. 

I also grabbed an extra original PS2 with hookups that had the broadband adapter on it as well.  I know Gamestop now pays at least $25 for a complete PS2 alone and considering the whole lot cost me about $17 I can't complain.  I'm still not sure if I will trade it in though, a PS2 plus Free McBoot and a decent hard drive makes a nice little machine to play games on. 

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 06/12/2015, 11:52 AMQuite a haul kubano.

I went by the thrift yesterday on a whim and found some good stuff! 

IMG

Trauma Center: New Blood [Wii]
Uncharted: Golden Abyss [PSV]
Champions of Norrath [PS2]

It blew my mind to find a PS Vita game already and I am super stoked that it is one I had actually wanted.  Couldn't argue on the price at only $3 so I grabbed it right away. 

I've also already got the first Trauma Center game and the second Norrath game so both of those were good grabs for me. 

I also grabbed an extra original PS2 with hookups that had the broadband adapter on it as well.  I know Gamestop now pays at least $25 for a complete PS2 alone and considering the whole lot cost me about $17 I can't complain.  I'm still not sure if I will trade it in though, a PS2 plus Free McBoot and a decent hard drive makes a nice little machine to play games on. 
definitely a big haul but i've saved up quite a bit for the weekend, knowing i was going to spend a few bills. about 400 bucks but was worth!

Sparky

Not looking I came across some yard sales and Found some cheap goods.. The Nintendo NES case is a first for me to see. From 1990

IMG

IMG

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Just bought a cigarette holder so I can grow up to be just like this guy:

IMG

Now all I'm missing is the set of big, beautiful tits (right, Hailing?)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

munchiaz

Been an excited past few days. I'll start off with the little things.

IMG
Got this in the mail yesterday. The game is really fun. Its a bit simple, but its on the 3ds so i'm guessing thats why.

IMG

My first MVS games. Feels good to finally get some.

IMG

The MVS games came along side this beauty. Picked it up last night from a friend that was moving. It was a pain to get to my house, but it was worth it. Now i just need to get it up the stairs into my game loft

Mathius

^^ Once you get pancaked after your unsuccessful attempt at moving your MVS cab up a flight of stairs may I have it please?

PCEngineHell

Picked up World Heroes 1, Art of Fighting 2, and Akumajo Dracula for Super Famicom. On PCE picked up Formation Armed F, Paranoia, and Victory Run. Also grabbed two DVDO iScan Plus V2 units on the cheap.