OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Thanks! I'm hoping I can get the Dragon Quest remakes for a reasonable price.

DQ187

Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2016, 11:28 PMThanks! I'm hoping I can get the Dragon Quest remakes for a reasonable price.
Nice! They are all excellent! 5 just happens to be my favorite. Good luck!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: DQ187 on 04/06/2016, 11:19 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2016, 11:16 PMI'm hitting a convention this weekend. Any suggestions on DS imports?
If you like shoot em ups and can find Ketsui Death Label(its the game in the lower left of the big group shot) its pretty cool! Only others i have are 3 DS "Tales of" games.

Oh yeah, i hear Chronos Twins is good. I think it got a UK release.
Yikes $80 average for a CIB copy. Dang. Well dang in eBay pricing terms.

NightWolve

tknjin

Quote from: Mathius on 04/06/2016, 11:28 PMThanks! I'm hoping I can get the Dragon Quest remakes for a reasonable price.
If you like Tales of style like games and sgt frog there is a game called Keroro RPG: Kishi to Musha to Densetsu no Kaizoku.  It is super fun and plays very similarly to like hearts or destiny ps2

technozombie

For the first time in awhile i have something to post here. The weather was nice so the family and I went to the flea market. Genesis games were $5 each and $1 for the New Order record.
IMG

Flare65

Here are my pickups for the past couple of months.

IMG

IMG

Purchased these from AliExpress.  The 386 in 1 for the Gameboy advance has some very neat titles on it, but also has some crap along with it.  There is a hack of the TG-16 Bonks Adventure on it that's very unique and fun to play.  I'd say 70% of the games on it are NES/Famicom roms and hacks.  Hagane is a repro.

IMG
IMG

More from Aliexpress.  The 150 in one is worth buying, hardly any crap on it.  There is a whole message thread about it over at the DigitPress site along with a complete list of games with it.  I have not messed around with the 400 in one too much.....its got a few gems on it, but at half of it is mostly weird/poor quality Chinese games on it.  It does have the faimicom game Thexder on it which is something I wanted to play on the NES for a while now.  I have not played the two famicom multi cards yet as I'm still waiting for my 60 to 72 pin converter to arrive.

Musha, Pulse Man and Bare Knuckle 3 are repros.  Quality is so-so. 

IMG
IMG

Picked up Super Mario World:  Return to Dinosaur Park at the MWC this weekend.  Supposedly its the best hack of Super Mario World.  So I'm told.  I have not had a chance to try it yet.  Crackdown is not that great of a game, but I remember playing it a lot back in the day and I got it cheap.

IMG

More from MWC.  Finally got a copy of Mega Man Powered Up for my PSP collection.  I loved Iron Tank when I was a kid.  To me, the best part of Ikari Warriors was when you could drive a tank.  In Iron Tank you are the tank!  Just wish it was two players at the same time.  Looking forward to playing through it again.

esteban

^ Iron Tank (NES) is a fantastic game. Better music than the arcade, IMHO.

Legendary Wings would have been an absolutely stellar game of it wasn't for the repetitive boss fights. Honestly, it would have been better to just ditch the boss fights...maybe leave two of 'em in the game.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

Quote from: technozombie on 04/09/2016, 10:29 PMFor the first time in awhile i have something to post here. The weather was nice so the family and I went to the flea market. Genesis games were $5 each and $1 for the New Order record.
IMG
interesting.  not sure i knew a pro am was on genny.  is that any good?

technozombie

Quote from: gynt on 04/10/2016, 06:16 PM
Quote from: technozombie on 04/09/2016, 10:29 PMFor the first time in awhile i have something to post here. The weather was nice so the family and I went to the flea market. Genesis games were $5 each and $1 for the New Order record.
IMG
interesting.  not sure i knew a pro am was on genny.  is that any good?
Honestly, I'm not sure I haven't had a chance to try it out.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: gynt on 04/10/2016, 06:16 PMinteresting.  not sure i knew a pro am was on genny.  is that any good?
It's a good game to start with, even if it's a port of a somewhat older NES game.
--DragonmasterDan

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 04/10/2016, 02:50 PM^ Iron Tank (NES) is a fantastic game. Better music than the arcade, IMHO.
Word. Funny, I had a flashback of the Ikari Warrior background music, I can still remember the main track. I hated the turtle slow character movement though.

gheebee

Not a purchase but I was recently given a small Sony Trinitron. It's only got S-Video and composite but my PCE is looking better on this than it has on any TV, with composite. Told my friend about it when I visited the other day and he offered me a 35" Sony Trinitron with composite, S-Video, and component for free. I really want to take it but I'm not sure I have room for it and getting it where I want to go will be a problem even after finding a stand for it. I'm very happy with the Triitron I have but I really want this one now... :/

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gheebee on 04/10/2016, 11:37 PMNot a purchase but I was recently given a small Sony Trinitron. It's only got S-Video and composite but my PCE is looking better on this than it has on any TV, with composite. Told my friend about it when I visited the other day and he offered me a 35" Sony Trinitron with composite, S-Video, and component for free. I really want to take it but I'm not sure I have room for it and getting it where I want to go will be a problem even after finding a stand for it. I'm very happy with the Triitron I have but I really want this one now... :/
I say grab it.

That's what I did for my CRT that was on the side do the road. It was so heavy and such a pain.

How in the hell did I never complain about the weight of these old CRTs when I was a kid?

Or as my friends 9 year old likes to call my tv "the big butt tv".

gheebee

Yeah, I'm going to try and get a model # or some dimensions so I can see if I will even be able to get it up the stairs, then if I can find a cheap stand I'll pick it up.

EvilEvoIX

Classic games look amazing on CRT's.  Plus light gun support.  Get the tv!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me Summon Night 5.  The box is pretty neat (and unexpected), but it's unfortunate that it was used as a shipping box and not protected at all; mine arrived in pretty good shape and the shipping label came off okay, but I bet a lot of 'em won't be so lucky:

IMG

IMG

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Necro looking out for Victor Ireland, keeping the dream ever alive. :)

xcrement5x

Looks nice Necro!  I can't wait for mine to show up :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/12/2016, 10:22 AMNecro looking out for Victor Ireland, keeping the dream ever alive. :)
And it's only about five months late!  That's pretty good for ol' Vic.  :lol:

Medic_wheat

I didn't realize they where still releasing games for the PSP.

Is this being released for the Vita physically as well?

NecroPhile

Physical is PSP and pre-order only, but the download is available for PSP/Vita/PSTV.

It may well end up being the last UMD release.  Though Vic's said that Class of Heroes 3 will also get a physical release, I suppose that'll depend on how long it takes for him to get it ready.  Sony ain't gonna keep the equipment running forever, especially not for a couple thousand copies.

bartre

my little haul from MGC this year:
IMG
IMG
IMG

stoked to have a 2590Q now :)

NecroPhile

Is that a coleco chameleon sticker?  :lol:

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2016, 01:01 PMIs that a coleco chameleon sticker?  :lol:
It's probably from the demo kiosk unit lol.

If you pep it up it will have a SNES Jr.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2016, 12:28 PMPhysical is PSP and pre-order only, but the download is available for PSP/Vita/PSTV.

It may well end up being the last UMD release.  Though Vic's said that Class of Heroes 3 will also get a physical release, I suppose that'll depend on how long it takes for him to get it ready.  Sony ain't gonna keep the equipment running forever, especially not for a couple thousand copies.
Oh dang. I would have been interested in a Vita copy.

I haven't dusted off the PSP in some time.

jtucci31

No picture BUT I got some goodies from MGC

Lunar for SegaCD & Vigilante for TG were bought from the forum dickface himself. Got some great deals even though he gouged terribly. :)

I also got Super Thunder Blade for Genesis and Sonic Adventure for DC (But I've tried 2 DC and they all bomb out on me at some point. Any tips? Should i just get a new one altogether or are laser changes as useful on a DC as they are on Duos? I want to replay through Shenmue this summer)

Also won Bomberman for PCE in the Tatsujin competition.

The vendor hall was massive, but i've heard other conventions are even bigger. I can only imagine. I'm glad I went and these should keep me busy for awhile.

xcrement5x

Quote from: bartre on 04/12/2016, 12:49 PMmy little haul from MGC this year:
IMG
IMG
IMG

stoked to have a 2590Q now :)
You got some solid DC titles there!  Must be close to that full set now man!!

Also, Gungrave is awesome and highly underrated.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

fsa

I picked up a copy of "Project Sylpheed" for the 360. I am hoping its good as I haven't played any SHMUP on a new generation system as they are far and few in between (PS2 and older).
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: fsa on 04/14/2016, 10:43 AMI picked up a copy of "Project Sylpheed" for the 360. I am hoping its good as I haven't played any SHMUP on a new generation system as they are far and few in between (PS2 and older).
It's not particularly exciting.  You would have been better off with Raiden IV I think.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: fsa on 04/14/2016, 10:43 AMI picked up a copy of "Project Sylpheed" for the 360. I am hoping its good as I haven't played any SHMUP on a new generation system as they are far and few in between (PS2 and older).
It's not particularly exciting.  You would have been better off with Raiden IV I think.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

bartre

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2016, 06:00 PMYou got some solid DC titles there!  Must be close to that full set now man!!

yup! once the mail shows up, 18 to go. ...and 2 manuals.

and yeah, gungrave is one of the best $5 games for any system.
i forgot i already had a copy though, so maybe i'll raffle it or something.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 04/14/2016, 08:49 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/12/2016, 06:00 PMYou got some solid DC titles there!  Must be close to that full set now man!!

We're there not two Gungrave PS2 games?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 04/14/2016, 08:49 PM

Are you going for a full DC set? 

Which 18 games are you missing?

bartre

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/14/2016, 10:28 PMWe're there not two Gungrave PS2 games?

Are you going for a full DC set? 

Which 18 games are you missing?
-yes, there's Gungrave and Gungrave Overdose. Overdose was eh.

-and yes I am. I'm currently missing these games:

Bomberman Online
Deep Fighter
ECW Anarchy Rulz
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Giga Wing 2
King of Fighters Dream Match 99
King of Fighters Evolution, The
Mortal Kombat Gold
Mr. Driller
Outtrigger
Razor Freestyle Scooter
Reel Fishing Wild
Ring: Terror's Realm, The
Roadsters - manual needed
Silver
Soldier of Fortune
Star Wars Demolition
Street Fighter III Double Impact
Tech Romancer
Tennis 2K2

xcrement5x

Some heavy hitters in there but you are closer than me.  I've gotten most of the crazy priced stuff out of the way but a couple titles have kept creeping up on me unexpectedly.  Omikron was like a $20 or less game for a long time until Bowie died, and then it spiked bad (just like Shenmue did) but I'm expecting it to continue dropping so I'll put it off until later unless I find a deal. 

At least most of what I'm missing is cheap cruft, so if it goes from $5 to $7 I'm not gonna cry. 

Gredler

Quote from: bartre on 04/15/2016, 06:13 AMStreet Fighter III Double Impact
This was my favorite dreamcast fighter until I played capcom vs snk millinium, and is one of like 6 remaining dreamcast games in my library.

I loved Street Fighter 3, but by then most of my friends had stopped playing fighters, and I never invested in a fight stick, so it also marks the decline of my time spent on playing fighting games. I never picked momentum back up. I haven't popped it in for years, as I've re-acclimated to using fight sticks and still don't have a dreamcast option for that

wildfruit

Got an rgb scart for my ps1. Picture quality is amazing. Alundra never looked so good. White & orange so vibrant.

IMG

gheebee

Picked up a bunch of PC games and strategy guides recently with a few more on the way. Got that Alone in the Dark 4 for $2.68 with shipping and it was sealed with the promo flashlight still inside! While I don't remember liking the game much on Dreamcast I love the first one on PC and decided to give it another try.
Sadly I can't get the 2 Windows 95 (Rocket Jockey and Interstate 76) games to work well because none of the VM software I've used does it quite right and when I set up Windows 95, 98, or ME on my oldest computer it always crashes after installing the video driver even though the card and driver should be fully compatible. That 7th Guest guide will have to wait until I get another copy of the game too because I went to rip my old CDs so that they would play better in DOSBox and one of them can't be fully read. Same with one of the Interstate 76 CDs... :/

IMG
wayback.postimg.cc/pc-games.jpg

wildfruit

I got my duo from KC
Verdict: highly recommend, good service, good packaging, great picture quality on the RGB

IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/18/2016, 06:02 PMI got my duo from KC
Verdict: highly recommend, good service, good packaging, great picture quality on the RGB
Just beautiful.... The purple and dark grey/black fondly reminds me of a decepticon.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2016, 07:32 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 04/18/2016, 06:02 PMI got my duo from KC
Just beautiful.... The purple and dark grey/black fondly reminds me of a decepticon.
Now that you say it.

He needs to put a deception logo on it

DQ187

wildfruit

Just found a local seller hocking out 650mb taiyo yudens so snapped up a 100 cake.

Digi.k

Playing with that Quantum Break game

/B6fB6nq.gif

gheebee

Was at Chiller Theatre today (NJ horror con) and randomly picked up a 1992 EGM Video Game Buyer's Guide since it was just $5 and had Bonk on the cover as well as 6 fridge magnets made with images from arcade marquees. I always buy some magnets from the guy that was selling them but I think he outdid himself with the new expansion of his video game line!

EGMBuyerGuide1992.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/QtzqRWKn/IMG-0550.jpg

DQ187

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/22/2016, 05:32 PMPlaying with that Quantum Break game
/B6fB6nq.gif
How do you like the game? I wanna play it but haven't picked it up yet. Was a little turned off by the lengthy live action cut scenes.

Digi.k

Quote from: DQ187 on 04/23/2016, 12:12 AMHow do you like the game? I wanna play it but haven't picked it up yet. Was a little turned off by the lengthy live action cut scenes.
I do like it a lot.  I think it might be a bit short but then I did play it almost 12 hours on my first day.  The graphics are quite glitchy at times to the point I was thinking about returning the game for something else.  I don't normally watch much TV but I found myself gripped on the live action cut scenes.  I am not sure if it is a problem or whether it is just filmed that way but I found the cut scenes kinda jerky.  The cut scenes are strreamed from the xbox network or you can download it all in one 75+ gig cut scene pack.....  The game is's beautiful to look at but ugly at the same time.  Your character develops the more chapters you complete and you can further develop his skills and experiment with them by finding fractals in time (Chronon Source's) that the more you collect can unlock advance techniques to play around.  My advice is not to play it like shoot and duck, shoot and duck.  You will get more fun going full head on into the action and then running for cover to regen before heading back into the fire!  That gets the adrenaline pumping.  But it's only saved for key moments.

Overall I am liking the game I find the shooting scenes quite sparse as its mostly exploration and very heavy on narrative.   There is only about 5 chapters and towards the end of the night I completed 3 of them.  those live cut scenes kick in after completing a chapter.  They really only offer development of the supporting characters and are around 25+ mins each.

IMG

technozombie

Picked up this stuff at Retropalooza Houston on Saturday.

IMG

schweaty

Quote from: technozombie on 05/01/2016, 07:46 PMPicked up this stuff at Retropalooza Houston on Saturday.

IMG
Oh snap!  Gate is my fave horee!