RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/06/2016, 01:46 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 06/06/2016, 04:43 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/01/2016, 02:46 PMI miss reading Saga. It was good and I started buying from about issue 12-18or20ish. Great series
I need to get back into reading Saga. I think i left off on issue 12. Such a good series indeed
It's up to 35?36? 

They just went on hiatus. There is a hardbound TPB with issues 1-18 that's decently priced and good big book quality.  Probably vol 2 will be out soon for the delux big book edition.
I have the first trade with issues 1-6, ill have to get the other ones

gheebee

Hit some garage sales over the weekend and also got a few things in the mail recently:

recent.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/4dFdjv05/recent.jpg

The one in the generic case is Mario Kart Double Dash and Alone in the Dark 3 completes my set of big boxed Alone in the Dark games for PC! J.B. Harold Murder Club never really had much appeal for me but after I started getting back into old DOS games it seemed like a must have.

Gypsy

Had a really nice trade with xelementx recently. Picked up some fun Genny titles I've been wanting such as Tatsujin, Gaiares, Final Zone and some filler in addition to some Amazon credit. Ele got a little game called Earthbound (hope he is enjoying it).

schweaty

Mario sunshine for $1 is aheckuva score

gheebee

Quote from: schweaty on 06/07/2016, 02:43 PMMario sunshine for $1 is aheckuva score
It made me wish I'd gotten up earlier since it was the only video game on a table full of random items, maybe there would have been more. All of the other Gamecube and Wii games were a good deal too but cost me 3x as much each.

schweaty

gheebee

Yep, even the controller was $3. That New Super Mario Bros. Wii had a loose Wii Fit disc in the case along with the game too. :]

Medic_wheat

IMG

Some stuff I forgot to post. This is from awhile back. Don't have a PS4 yet but I like to pick up games I'd like to play when they are on the cheap. Or will probably become to expensive if I didn't pick up sooner.

One more 32Xgame to add to my library. Only have two left I want.  Which is space harrier and after burner.

Loving it her I find vita gas for less then $10. Especially when it's a game I loved on the PSP.

And one more Wii U game. Would have thought it would be a lot cheaper used since it was a launch game. Weird.

Groover

I ordered Typing of the Dead and a Dreamcast Keyboard. I will get the keyboard next week but the game closer to the end of the month. I think I will do pretty well since I can type I hope fast enough.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Groover on 06/09/2016, 08:59 PMI ordered Typing of the Dead and a Dreamcast Keyboard. I will get the keyboard next week but the game closer to the end of the month. I think I will do pretty well since I can type I hope fast enough.
That games looks like so much fun. Really need to pick up a copy some day

Mathius

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/09/2016, 09:28 PM
Quote from: Groover on 06/09/2016, 08:59 PMI ordered Typing of the Dead and a Dreamcast Keyboard. I will get the keyboard next week but the game closer to the end of the month. I think I will do pretty well since I can type I hope fast enough.
Me too. We have it at MGC occasionally. Loads of fun.

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 06/09/2016, 09:40 PM
I played in an arcade once and my hands felt filthy for weeks.  I too wish I had my own copy without a disgusting public use keyboard.

Medic_wheat

I have heard they have this game in the PS2 (import only) and I want to say on the PS3?

Mathius

I'd like to give my Dreamcast some love. It's still affordable...I think. I'm kinda scared to look.

Groover

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/09/2016, 10:19 PM
I have heard they have this game in the PS2 (import only) and I want to say on the PS3?
I think an Import version from japan might be pretty hard in Japanese.

Also this game has been on my mind since planned on getting a VGA adaptor for my Dreamcast. It has been nice.
IMG

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 06/09/2016, 10:40 PMI'd like to give my Dreamcast some love. It's still affordable...I think. I'm kinda scared to look.
iirc it's still in the $15 range.

Gypsy

Yeah the price of Typing of the Dead is going up, for a US copy anyway. Japanese copies are dirt cheap for obvious reasons.

I pre-ordered Caladrius Blaze (PS4) on PA today. Couldn't resist at $35. Looks like a fairly fun game. I had considered the PS3 version in the past but the price had held me back.

xcrement5x

Typing of the Dead has a crazy JP box set that's like the game and keyboard as well which is pretty sweet looking.  I've got the US version though and that's what I've used.  While we're on an "of the Dead" kick I will mention that pinball of the dead is actually really fun as well.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 06/10/2016, 07:52 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/09/2016, 10:40 PMI'd like to give my Dreamcast some love. It's still affordable...I think. I'm kinda scared to look.
iirc it's still in the $15 range.
Good news :)

SuperDeadite

If you want to play Typing of the Dead, just get the PC version.  Released in the USA, sells for nothing, and has network play.  Used to play it all the time with my university roomate.  good times.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

bartre

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/11/2016, 07:38 PMIf you want to play Typing of the Dead, just get the PC version.  Released in the USA, sells for nothing, and has network play.  Used to play it all the time with my university roomate.  good times.
and there's the typing of the dead overkill

VenomMacbeth

Finally got Leynos 2 for the Saturn and PCE Dracula X in a trade.  Been putting some time into the latter.  I love the choir chicks on the menu screen professing their love of Mexican cheese dip.

queeeeeeesoooo....queeeeesoooo....
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Gypsy

Well, I wasn't going to buy any Turbo for awhile (or something dumb like that) but I was able to get Blazing Lazers (no manual), Keith Courage (no manual), Galaga 90 (no manual) and Bonk's Adventure (cornplete) for $75. Had to take it all for that price. Bonk is a dupe though, so it will be available.

Digi.k

hopefully the pic will end up the right way up eventually :P

But anyway just received a bunch of bomberman stuff and that Dragon Saber CD is fantastic but I honestly feel a few of the pc engine tracks sound better than their arcade parent!

IMG

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Joe Redifer

joeredifer . com/crap/gijoemovie.jpg

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Crashing through the night

Cobra!

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/15/2016, 08:24 PMCrashing through the night

Cobra!
GI-JOE is there !!! I must say i rather watch the animated gi-joe movie then the live action one.Still the idea for cobra commander origin was a terrible idea.I prefer the comic books take where he was a used car salesmen.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 06/15/2016, 08:32 PM

Cobra!
GI-JOE is there !!! I must say i rather watch the animated gi-joe movie then the live action one.Still the idea for cobra commander origin was a terrible idea.I prefer the comic books take where he was a used car salesmen.
I wish I had more of the GI Joe comics when I was a kid.

I still remember this awesome issue where... Major Bludd blows up a station wagon of nuns with a bazooka.

Or something like that.

Anyway.

COBRAHHHHHHHH.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 06/15/2016, 09:51 PM

Cobra!

I still remember this awesome issue where... Major Bludd blows up a station wagon of nuns with a bazooka.

Or something like that.

Anyway.

COBRAHHHHHHHH.
I used to have a allot marvel gi-joe comics as well as a kid.I never did keep them though i remember selling them to a comic book shop.Yeah the violence in the comics put the cartoon to shame.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/15/2016, 10:08 PM
Heh classic speaking of it's counter part i see transformers the movie is coming to bluray by september.
IMG

wiseau

i.imgur.com/llrQ7nJ.jpg

Some recent pick ups, some tv shows i bought for nostalgia, a few wii u and playstation games, and a bunch of [trading cards].
Kinda sad to see Star fox just tank the way it did in sales, but after playing it i can't say people made the wrong choice.

esadajr

glad to see you got the correct version of Rodea.
Gaming since 1985

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esadajr on 06/16/2016, 09:09 AMglad to see you got the correct version of Rodea.
To bad the WiiU port has washed out colors compared to the Wii port. Luckily you get both copies with the game.

EvilEvoIX

I loved the Nintendo VB.  I still have my copy of Video Games Magazine that boasts about it and it was a very exiting time 1995.  The end of 16 bit, right before the advent of 32-64 bit machines and with the Ultra 64 way off in 1996 we had the 32 Bit PORTABLE VB!!!!  Hell it might even hook up to the Ultra 64!!!  I bought one back in 1996 after it's death for $50 and each game brand new for $5.  I let a friend borrow it and never got it back :(.  I finally picked one up for $60 (eBay pricing on these things are crazy do not over pay) and everything works.  TELEROBOXER is as good as I remember it and I wish the VB really expanded its library and succeeded .  I remember thinking how cool a copy of Doom would be, especially with link cables, with proper depth of field and that cool Red Hell inversion.  Starfox would have been great and this system never hurt my eyes.  It was ambitious and I wanted it badly to succeed.  Wario Land is stellar as well, loved every second of that game.

IMG
IMG
IMG

The Neo Geo collection Grows.  Found these three US AES Games for real low cheap in Manhattan of all places.  You never know.

IMG
IMG
World Heroes is very good but very dated fighter.  Nothing special but its still diverse enough to have fun.  Cheap game too I think I paid $20 and I'll pay that all day for US AES.

IMG
This game is a motherfucker.  Grafx are amazing, music is great, and the strategy needed to beat this game is borderline memorization vs improvisation.  I like having an indestructible orb that you can fire in all directions and you better master that technique or you are dead.

IMG
This game is a launch title as well and shows its age with its grafx and hard panned sound FX that SNK abandoned thank god.  It's basically the poor mans Metal slug.  It has multiple weapons that you can choose to on the fly (wish Metal Slug allowed this) and some pretty easy AI to attack as well as blatant ripoffs from CONTRA (It tires so hard to be Contra) it's still a good game just don't pay too much.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Enternal

Cobra!

Or something like that.

Anyway.

COBRAHHHHHHHH.
I guess you don't like the COBRALALALALALALALALA

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Enternal on 06/18/2016, 04:22 PM

Cobra!

Or something like that.

Anyway.

COBRAHHHHHHHH.

IMG
I actually liked it lol.

TR0N

Quote from: Enternal on 06/18/2016, 04:22 PM

Cobra!

Or something like that.

Anyway.

COBRAHHHHHHHH.

IMG
I don't know what the writers were thinking so meh  :P Still it was worse when dic entertainment took over though i did cheered when serpentor was killed.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Cobra!
Having Cobra Commander start out as a blue non-human was dumb. Why was his skin caucasian and his eyes human when he wore the hood instead of the helmet? Then he turned into a snake. From what I hear several years after the movie another company started up the cartoon series again and restored Cobra Commander. I have never seen these. Was the animation different looking? The comic always had much better stories. Like when Cobra Commander showed emotion when his son was in a coma at the hospital.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/19/2016, 12:04 AM

Cobra!
Having Cobra Commander start out as a blue non-human was dumb. Why was his skin caucasian and his eyes human when he wore the hood instead of the helmet? Then he turned into a snake. From what I hear several years after the movie another company started up the cartoon series again and restored Cobra Commander. I have never seen these. Was the animation different looking? The comic always had much better stories. Like when Cobra Commander showed emotion when his son was in a coma at the hospital.
I couldn't bring myself to watch more than a few seconds of the later season(s?), but no the animation did not look the same, even though it seemed that it tried to. I'm assuming that they could no longer afford the same animation studio, so they settled for lousy American animation instead.

https://youtu.be/I3jDbNPFP-E?t=127
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/19/2016, 12:04 AM

Cobra!
After dic entertainment took over.The story was using magic to give cobra commander a body again.I guess the writers at dic were smoking some thing to think that up  :lol: Yeah in the comics cobra commander was a more believable character.
IMG

Enternal

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/18/2016, 07:26 PMI actually liked it lol.
I have to admit, I did too. I think for me I was at that young age where nothing is suspicious or cheesy and you just accept things.

This new Gi Joe recruit qualifications was basketball player...I guess that makes sense!
Cobra Commander comes from a land of snake people... I dont see why not!
Prince Adam is just as jacked as He-man and no one knows the difference... ok!
Hulk Hogan got his ribs broken and had to be taken out on a stretcher... I hope he is ok!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Enternal on 06/19/2016, 02:09 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/18/2016, 07:26 PMI actually liked it lol.
I have to admit, I did too. I think for me I was at that young age where nothing is suspicious or cheesy and you just accept things.

This new Gi Joe recruit qualifications was basketball player...I guess that makes sense!
Cobra Commander comes from a land of snake people... I dont see why not!
Prince Adam is just as jacked as He-man and no one knows the difference... ok!
Hulk Hogan got his ribs broken and had to be taken out on a stretcher... I hope he is ok!
For me t was the same. I must have rented the VHS movie a dozen times over as a 10 year old

Enternal

My B&M from Fri/Sat and Ebay stuff that arrived

IMG

Last Rebellion -5 (Pawn Shop, got mediocre reviews so should have passed)

PC Games (Thrift Store)
Might Magic VI - 2.5
Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood -2.5
Serious Sam -2.5

Gamer's Edge
Power Rangers Snes -4.50
Xmen Wolverine's Rage -4.50

2nd and Charles
Tail Gaitor - 10.62 (See Below)
Xmen Mutant Academy -3.00
Tiny Toons Bab's Big Break -3.00
Deux Ex Invisible War -1.00
Xmen the Official Game -1.00

Ebay
Project S-11 Game Boy Color Shooter -20.00  (This was a fairly hard to find game, but someone on ebay must have found a stash of new copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Project-S-11-GBC-New-Game-Boy-Color-/381324659477?hash=item58c8b88b15:g:W6QAAOSwll1Wvmuf

I'm not an active comic book collector, but have been trying to fill in issues I missed or couldnt get during childhood.

Paid 31.02
New Mutants 100 (First X-Force,) 9.2
New Mutants Annual 2 (First Psylocke) 9.0

Nes Captain America and The Avengers 21.99

I saw Tail Gator on a list of recommended Game Boy games, I thought this was going to be a pinball game as I have Revenge of the Gator already.

Its sort of like a side ways Bubble Bobble a lot of fun actually. Didn't realize a craze developed for it.

IMG
IMG

Wasn't mispriced for its time
IMG

Gypsy

Yeah Last Rebellion is trash. It's completely generic and soulless.

I wonder what happened with that Gameboy game to shoot the price up so dramatically.

TheClash603

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/19/2016, 06:13 PMYeah Last Rebellion is trash. It's completely generic and soulless.

I wonder what happened with that Gameboy game to shoot the price up so dramatically.
See Reply #15291.

bob

i very much enjoyed captain america for NES.  i remember it getting a bad rap when it first came out because people expected a port of the arcade beat 'em up that was popular at the time.

Gypsy

IMG

Happeh to have BL now. Getting the manual from Element soon-ish. Also these sleeves are pretty meh, which is going to push me over the edge to get some sleeves from seymour onion.